[PS4/XB1] We will be entering maintenance dowtime on 6/17 at 7pm PDT (2:00 UTC). For more information, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/2IoSgVW

A Fond Farewell from Spacecats

2»

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    Kiraboshi wrote: »
    So do we get a new punching bag CM or nah?

That's currently being discussed among the staff (from what Amberscale told me). I was told that concerns such as this would be handed to someone in the correct department to address. (So I assume either @seandynamite or @CobaltDragon .)
  • Farewell spacey thank you so very much for all you have done as a cm for the people of Tera. I wish you the best of luck with your future plans :-)
  • Naru2008 wrote: »

That's currently being discussed among the staff (from what Amberscale told me). I was told that concerns such as this would be handed to someone in the correct department to address. (So I assume either @seandynamite or @CobaltDragon .)

I believe we are in the phase of taking applicants.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »

Will work for EMP and cute Elin costumes
  • LynxzerLynxzer ✭✭✭

Where can i apply? Is there an LFG?

:^)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynxzer wrote: »

Where can i apply? Is there an LFG?

:^)

The proccess will involve RNG from Loot boxes
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭✭
    Did Spacecats control the Facebook page to?
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    https://enmasse.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=4

Pretty sure this is it.

I'd apply, but I'm not in Seattle (let alone Washington), nor do I stream, but I fit most of the requirements and have the experience. rip.

The "I believe" part of that statement doesn't instill confidence. Since EME is still in the "taking applicants" phase, I'm guessing Spacecats leaving was pretty abrupt. Generally speaking, when a person leaves, you assign someone to that role at least temporarily.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ammutseba wrote: »

The "I believe" part of that statement doesn't instill confidence. Since EME is still in the "taking applicants" phase, I'm guessing Spacecats leaving was pretty abrupt. Generally speaking, when a person leaves, you assign someone to that role at least temporarily.

You have to remember that Cobalt Dragon is the main head of Custom Support Tickets, and afaik, isn't specifically over-heading one single game, so I don't think he'd necessarily be up-to-date on hiring, etc.
    Ammutseba wrote: »

You have to remember that Cobalt Dragon is the main head of Custom Support Tickets, and afaik, isn't specifically over-heading one single game, so I don't think he'd necessarily be up-to-date on hiring, etc.

I guess it all depends on how important the CM role is/was. If it's not important, then it's completely understandable that Cobalt isn't up to date on a replacement.

It's not really a big deal to me, it was more of an observation than anything. When Treeshark left, he had explained who was taking over his duties, etc. Of course, I would rather EME take their time and hire the right person.
  • I started a goodbye thread for you on the 19th. If you want to see what everyone had to say to you here is the link. https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/comment/204037#Comment_204037

As weird as you were / are, you grew on me and I will miss that now. Best of luck in your future endeavor. =)
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaaiYu wrote: »
    Spacecats wrote: »
    learning to Slayer

See you later, friend. o7

360nodamage

Farewell Spacecats. I wish you luck in your future endeavors.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    papy10k wrote: »
    spacecats was cool, but too much work for one person. people saying tonka this and tonka that, tonka never played the game.

I have to disagree here.

Tonka/Minea/Harmonia used to do a ton of weekly streams clearing dungeons and playing with other players ( of course, there were dungeons with one shots like Kezzel Gorge and it was kinda funny to see GMs getting one shot but they were clearing the dungeons and were happy about it ). Also, they used to give codes with relevant and fun items instead of 7days items making players to not only want to watch the twitch stream which was already fun but also make players feel more special .. while at the same time the PvP and PvE events were more centered about balance rather than exaggeration ( the world bam event was quite a success at the time and the rewards did not give materials worth of a month of farming in single weekend ). Also, it was also much harder for them to appeal the community because many many players and unfortunately including myself were very upset over the enchanting system where we had to go back to +12 after failing to enchant and eventually ending up with 900k up 1.5mil gold only for the weapon depending on luck with some very unlucky players even going at 2mil just for that.. ( the PvP was super active at the time and unfortunately +15 was almost a necessity ).

Still, we lived for the past two years at least and we still live different times for Tera NA ( BNS/BDO took a ton of players when they were released for example ) and it is very stupid and also irrelevant to make a comparison and especially since both sides had mostly great qualities so we will probably end up missing both as much.

Now i wonder if Tera NA could receive a bit more care or attention? What if Mongos was not about exaggeration with players coming online to farm like zombies for a few days then going offline for a few months waiting for the next Mongos? But instead mostly about balance and fun with the event coming up once every month instead of having a Mongos every three months giving enchanting material during a week end that were worth at least of one month of farming? Maybe throw some permanent out of date cosmetics on the stream with a limited code that could be used say 200 times while also having a single and very lucky winner that could get through raffle the latest cosmetic to make players feel more special than 7days cosmetics and some potions that can be bought from broker at 200g each? And in between throw some PvP/PvE events for dungeons and battlegrounds with rewards that would not have RNG? Also make the elite a little better to give more incentive to players to want it since it brings money after all and indirectly Tera NA could end up almost as a pay to play game? And so on...? Then maybe Tera NA could have been different as in being popular as much as EU?

I do not know and also i tried to not open this discussion out of respect for Spacecats please do not reply but still i am hoping that we will live the day where Tera NA will be worth it again as i heard from multiple sources that Tera NA on PC will actually receive more care and more attention this year ( the amazing combat system still makes this game to be wanted ).