The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Poll: Vanguard Reward Changes

Comments

• XandervbXandervb ✭✭✭
    On of the biggest issues Tera has is that the regular rewards are too low and game is too grindy for Western players. NA balances it by doing OP events (mongos, 2nd Kyra etc.) which allows ppl to gather mats in reasonable time or buy them later on AH low cost. Many players dislike doing it that way, because it increases the gap between old and new players who are unable to catch up with regular drops. Also, these events give so much compared to usual that it's best to just afk between them.

Reducing regular VG rewards with occasional doubling/tripling just adds more to the problem, as it makes playing between OP events even more obsolete.
  • 6R1MM01R36R1MM01R3 ✭✭✭
    Remove any crystalbind from the vanguards completion, add rewards for 16 completed daily. Put only strong bravery/canephoras instead of normal ones, make 16 daily give 2-3 sapphires, the 16 weekly reward be 2 emeralds. Putting silver talents on daily 8/16 would be good too.
  • Honestly, vanguard rewards and the vanguard shop are both garbage anyway. They threw so many dragon scales at us in the past that if you don't have a dragon for even your alts by now, you're just not trying. That said, I'm pretty sure double vanguard rewards only applies to the items, not credits and gold, so it's possible rewards could be balanced by making the vanguard credits actually give us something useful.

The double vanguard event affects everything rewarded except gold, item exp and reward points. VG Points, Dragon Scales, Noctenium as well as other misc items will be given out at a lower rate. Other regions have the base rate but they also seem to put a little more effort into their version, EU for example (yes people complain about the comparisons but it's the closest region to compare to) offers their own token system which you can loot in nearly every dungeon and actually offers decent rewards while also keeping their VG shop updated where EmE takes months and months to figure out how to delete a shop and move the items over to another.
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    Remove any crystalbind from the vanguards completion, add rewards for 16 completed daily. Put only strong bravery/canephoras instead of normal ones, make 16 daily give 2-3 sapphires, the 16 weekly reward be 2 emeralds. Putting silver talents on daily 8/16 would be good too.

It would be nice if they edited the daily rewards as crystalbinds are just an inventory clogger, both for elite and non elite as CCBs are still widely common and cheap. EmE cannot add a 16 daily reward themselves, that's something only BHS can do and is something they have planned to do but just haven't done it yet.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 28
    Another one nail in our coffin.
    worse idea ever!

with the state we have we can be sure of what we have and will have as rewards. Events are pure rng and it will lead to even huge depth as someone will be more lucky and some not. This becomes pathetic - instead of working for rewards we will have to pray the rng god?? Lol??
    also remembering how poor and boring events became (gringing one same dungeon named TR while eu managers ate full of interesting ideas) i dont think this gonna make our life fun but less motivating to play.

ps. Some of my friends left tera this month. This will lead yo even bigger loss as we will have no motivation to do something except e.r.ping and afking.

Tera is already boring af and its not middle of the cycle and me. Its the fact that nothing happens. (i dont say abput Spacecats event - that was like breath of fresh air after long staying in cave).
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    I would rather have the 90% drop rate on Keening Dawn Motes(Like EU has had for over a year(?)) than the double Vanguard Credits and BAM tokens.

Quality of Life > Extra couple days to get Rare Glyphs/Etchings
    My opinion on the is firm af boi
  • VanellopeVanellope ✭✭✭
    @CassandraTR

As much as I do support (most of) what you said on this topic, I think that your poll is unfair to EME, of course if you put options for 'more of everything' people are going to pick it. Honestly I hope they keep things exactly as they are now. No more, no less. Making things too easy to attain shortens endgame, and that's the #1 complaint that people have about tera.
    I work a lot, so I personally progress somewhat slowly, but I find the current rate of progression extremely satisfying, I know that this is opinion based, but consider the long term effects of the options that you posted on the poll.

Thanks~
  • I usually never use the forum but this decision really got to me. As a returning player who hasn’t been around for a few years I really disagree with EnMasse’s decision here.

The dragon scales are a pain to farm, for real. Lowering the vanguard rewards will make that so much worse and it’s extremely demotivating. Even getting the highest glyphs will be a pain because 180 tokens means I have to do 12 high IoD quests.

To me it seems like they deactivate it just so they can tell us “look, we are giving you more events” every time they activate double vanguard rewards. Not to mention that every time an event is active, all IoD channels will be full during the night.

I can’t think of any other reason than the one I wrote down above and after years of this event being active, the change only has a negative effect on the players.

I used to play EU and the 100% keen mote droprate makes IoD a bit easier but I highly doubt that will happen on NA.

EnMasse, listen to your players and don’t deactivate the double vanguard. Not a single player will be happy with it. Not everyone wants to farm for nearly a year just to get a dragon.

Your playerbase is shrinking rapidly, don’t make it even worse please. I know Bluehole is in charge of most stuff, but this is YOUR decision.
  • Just remove double vanguards for bams vanguards and leave the dungeons vanguards as it is, this way there'll be more people running dungeons. I'll never understand why would a mmo encourage players to do solo content in a way that's more worth for farming instead of actually playing the game (doing dungeons or pvp). We're in a mmo for god sake, stop this solo numbing content. It feels like so few people play dgs on this game, there are times that it takes like forever to LFG with no joins. It feels like people are farming bams or afking on velika cause they spent their 16 vanguards doing solo bams... I wish LFGs were more lively and active.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭
    edited January 29
    Ray676 wrote: »
    I would rather have the 90% drop rate on Keening Dawn Motes(Like EU has had for over a year(?)) than the double Vanguard Credits and BAM tokens.

Quality of Life > Extra couple days to get Rare Glyphs/Etchings
    My opinion on the is firm af boi

Totes QoL on solo content and screw over group content :+1: >.>

Btw high tier bams are easy to clear and low tier bams get killed so fast you're basically perma moted even with a lower drop rate so a higher mote drop rate doesn't make up for taking days longer to acquire things.
  • "if it aint broke dont fix it" eme really should leave vgs alone, they are fine and everyone is happy.
    they are unable to smoothly run events so double or triple vg events will be a mess.
    leave the vgs as they are plz!
  • IF Eme change it, I wonder ¡what is the point of having Elite status?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kreuziger wrote: »
    IF Eme change it, I wonder ¡what is the point of having Elite status?

I don't think this change will have any impact on Elite, as vanguard rep/gold/etc. were never doubled by Elite (although some people have requested it from time to time).
  • > @counterpoint said:
    > Kreuziger wrote: »
    >
    > IF Eme change it, I wonder ¡what is the point of having Elite status?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think this change will have any impact on Elite, as vanguard rep/gold/etc. were never doubled by Elite (although some people have requested it from time to time).

There's no point in having the extra VG quests that elite gives every day if the rewards are not worth grinding for, I think that's what he means.
  • > @counterpoint said:
    > Kreuziger wrote: »
    >
    > IF Eme change it, I wonder ¡what is the point of having Elite status?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > I don't think this change will have any impact on Elite, as vanguard rep/gold/etc. were never doubled by Elite (although some people have requested it from time to time).

There's no point in having the extra VG quests that elite gives every day if the rewards are not worth grinding for, I think that's what he means.

Elite doesn't provide extra VG quests, unless you're referring to the extra dungeon entries which result in more dungeon vanguards?