[PC] Maintenance will begin on 6/20 at 8am PDT, and is expected to last for 3 hours. For more information, please view the following thread: http://bit.ly/2MYtJv6

E-stars and Vow of Rebirth: How is the 20% damage buff supposed to work?

In case you're wondering what I'm referring to, see the patch notes.

Is it a party buff that everyone gets when the skills are used?
Is it a buff to the Priest/Mystic's damage when the skills are used?
Is it not a buff to the skills, but a buff to the healers themselves?

Comments

• Personally I suspect that's actually a mistranslation and bhs just buffed priest+mystic damage by 20%. It's not uncommon for our patch notes to be quite wonky.
  • 20% buffs are only for priest and mystic themselves(when they attack monsters), according to KTERA patch note.
  • Reads to me that the skills themselves deal 20% extra damage, that's it.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Sylous wrote: »
    Reads to me that the skills themselves deal 20% extra damage, that's it.
    JasonTERA wrote: »
    20% buffs are only for priest and mystic themselves(when they attack monsters), according to KTERA patch note.

It's just an error on formatting from EmE's part, the buff is for the class in general and applies to all skills not just those, especially considering Vow doesn't do damage xd
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    It would be nice if healers had some carving glyphs instead of more damage that many times can count as white but even like this i guess that it is better than nothing.
  • Partyblast wrote: »
    Sylous wrote: »
    Reads to me that the skills themselves deal 20% extra damage, that's it.
    JasonTERA wrote: »
    20% buffs are only for priest and mystic themselves(when they attack monsters), according to KTERA patch note.

It's just an error on formatting from EmE's part, the buff is for the class in general and applies to all skills not just those, especially considering Vow doesn't do damage xd

EME does not know TERA well..sad
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Partyblast wrote: »

To add to this, the Gameforge Patch Notes list them out as distinct items, not linked to either skill.

On a semi-related note, the EU patch notes also have Titanic Favor and Arun's Cleansing Touch as affected by the range change for Mystic, not Titanic Favor and Sharan Bolt, as the EME ones currently do.

The Sharan Bolt in particular is making me boggle. If they are fixing Volley of Curses, sure, that would make sense, since that also seems to be suffering from the lock-on mess, but the basic click attack?

• Most likely it's a formatting error, and those two bullets are supposed to be top-level (under the class) and not indented.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    LXM6H9H4JH wrote: »
    Partyblast wrote: »

To add to this, the Gameforge Patch Notes list them out as distinct items, not linked to either skill.

On a semi-related note, the EU patch notes also have Titanic Favor and Arun's Cleansing Touch as affected by the range change for Mystic, not Titanic Favor and Sharan Bolt, as the EME ones currently do.

The Sharan Bolt in particular is making me boggle. If they are fixing Volley of Curses, sure, that would make sense, since that also seems to be suffering from the lock-on mess, but the basic click attack?

Yea just a format issue, they didn't hit enter to go to the next bullet point and left it under the last skill.

But lol I didn't notice the Sharan Bolt instead of Cleansing Touch haha, honestly it's to be expected that EmE's notes are going to have issues since it happens every patch :shrug:.

Here's the KTera Translated Patch Note for what we just got, some things can be ignored of course as we don't have the talent system active, and we may have already had the dungeon loot changes which was all the hoo-ha last month, but either way it's probably in effect now.
  • Thanks for bring these two pieces from the Patch Notes to our attention.
    I'll go ahead and send them over to another Team for review, and if 100% accurate, we'll get the Patch Notes updated to reflect the intended changes.