[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Can female-brawler be race-changed to male? Need a solid answer.

Comments

• Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I highly doubt it, almost 99.9% sure that you will have to start one from scratch at least for a while after release
  • In korea you were able to gender change from female to male, unlike elin gunner. Heres hoping we get the same treatment.

https://essentialmana.com/news/1123-patch-note/
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    According to our amazing translator Loriri, you can gender/race change existing Brawlers.

Patch Note
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    The only issue with Partyblast's post is that this is from Korea's Patch Notes. According to @seandynamite on stream from Friday, he said he believed they would leave it like the Elin Gunner, and that they wouldn't let you swap anything around. I'm assuming this is a Publisher decision. Yes it's possible, but it sounds like EME doesn't plan on allowing it.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think it'll happen - not only because of costuming issues, but also because of name issues. I wouldn't be able to gender-swap my brawler to male without the name being entirely off.

"Seira" is not a male name.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    The only issue with Partyblast's post is that this is from Korea's Patch Notes. According to @seandynamite on stream from Friday, he said he believed they would leave it like the Elin Gunner, and that they wouldn't let you swap anything around. I'm assuming this is a Publisher decision. Yes it's possible, but it sounds like EME doesn't plan on allowing it.

So EmE will only make regional changes to harm their profit from lack of gender/race/name changes and disallow the player base to swap their brawlers but drag their feet in making regional changes to help the player base such as shop changes or even improving loot, okay then. He also referenced the "Guardian Legion" content as a fancy new GM tool before so :shrug:.
    Jerichow wrote: »
    I don't think it'll happen - not only because of costuming issues, but also because of name issues. I wouldn't be able to gender-swap my brawler to male without the name being entirely off.

Name change vouchers exist, that is an awful argument as to why we shouldn't be allowed to gender change just because you picked a "female" name.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

My "Nerf.The.Brewlars" would work hehe
    Well, basically this is entirely personal anyway, and granted, they really have nothing to do with it. The only moment they do need to deal with names is when server merges happen, don't know how it is with server transfers (since you do pay for it), and in case you create a valid name that has technical issues.
    Yes. This exists in TERA (the game is buggy! Who would know...), if you make a character with any composed name with ".Com" on it, you can use it normally but can't tag stuff in chat, nor people can whisper you through typing out the command, or inspect you (I can be wrong on whispers, at least clicking on name and whispering works, as well as personally inspecting). Happened with me with a character named Elin.Complex (A human female by the way), that ".Com" of Complex triggers the URL blocking, so support changed my name for free, since it was a technical problem.

They likely wanna force us to create a new male Brawler just to push the mass leveling of new people, so they don't go alone on dungeons and such. Which in turn ain't that great of an idea, as experienced people could well be playing a healer to help things out instead of cluttering queues with endless tanks. I remember when Brawler launched, was the 1st time I had the option to start with more than one tank and no DPS and/or healer (I think I was on a party once with 4 brawlers and one healer)
  • On EU we can also race change to Elin Gunner since Guardian legion patch. High Chance you will get it too
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭✭
    But do they offer complete costume change from ticket for race change like the do here ? Or is it buy new costumes like it use to be on EU after race change
  • Fairly sure they said on last stream that male brawler will be like elin gunner. When they brought up a question about gender change for male brawler.
  • tisnotme wrote: »
    But do they offer complete costume change from ticket for race change like the do here ? Or is it buy new costumes like it use to be on EU after race change

NA is the only region that offers a manual costume change service (via support tickets), so yeah -- this might be an influencing factor on what happens in our region.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »
    Name change vouchers exist, that is an awful argument as to why we shouldn't be allowed to gender change just because you picked a "female" name.

Name change vouchers also cost people extra money, possibly doubling the cost of swapping a character over.

Also, yes, SHAME ON ME for picking a female name for a female character. Next time I'll remember your comment and name her something more masculine to suit your tastes.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Partyblast wrote: »

Name change vouchers also cost people extra money, possibly doubling the cost of swapping a character over.

Also, yes, SHAME ON ME for picking a female name for a female character. Next time I'll remember your comment and name her something more masculine to suit your tastes.

The one complaining about name being an issue when swapping was YOU anyway, also if you wanna future-proof your character for no reason (since as of now, it's still not a thing the gender/race change anyway), you can go with a generic name.
  • Partyblast wrote: »
    Naru2008 wrote: »

So EmE will only make regional changes to harm their profit from lack of gender/race/name changes and disallow the player base to swap their brawlers but drag their feet in making regional changes to help the player base such as shop changes or even improving loot, okay then. He also referenced the "Guardian Legion" content as a fancy new GM tool before so :shrug:.

You have clearly never heard of the man named Susan, or the girl named Billy Joe, incorrect gender names are cool.
  • I have a dream.

IF we will be able to gender change eventually then i will turn my independent and intelligent female brawler into a strong and reliable man that will use a pink titan costume plus other accessories to go with it ( it will be hilarious fighting dangerous monsters like that and even more when doing it in a dungeon ).