[KTERA] 2017 KTERA Awards

Ktera announced their 2017 awards two days ago. I put some explanation for each award, please enjoy.

cea3466256.png
842788492d.png
877d2eaee4.png
5cbcacf693.png
ef218c10cc.png
64e798131e.png
6b12910f29.png

Comments

• Those are some nice cool stats, shame we'll never see something even close to that in our region.
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    StarSprite wrote: »

Yeah still stand by what i said, stats like that. How many dungeons completed, dungeon specific deaths(the ones listed are just the boss specific ones and thats probably severely skewed because of them spawning those bosses during open world events, especially nightmare lacelith that was putting puddles on everyone in the region like even people who were afk in highwatch and one shotting people who didnt even know the boss was on the map). Even the GM activity thing. EU even posted stats relating to HH awhile back
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/harrowhold-death-everywhere
    People even asked during the time to make a similar thing in NA and they said they would look into it and they never did it. (or on their radar which i guess is a half hearted way of saying no)
    https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/9564/harrowhold-infographics-request
    What im saying is our stats are either aren't very meaningful or made out to be numbers bigger than they should be.
    If they want to post relevant stats how about they put a infographic on how many accounts and characters were made in 2017.
    Those infographics you listed one was from 2017 midway that barely had anything useful and interesting, The tera rising one you listed was most likely 2014 and that still barely shows anything useful. The other one was from 2012 around the release of the game.
    Heres another one they made in 2015 http://massivelyop.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/TERA_on_Steam_Infographic_v3.jpg
    and all it was showing was good looking stats around steam release, those stats are not even close to true any more.
    So they made 4 lack luster infographics in the 6 years tera's been around?
    Now im not saying hey post all the bad stats, but i actually would like to see relevant stats

TLDR: So when i say close to that in our region i mean something useful and fun stats not the same useless ones they pump out.

In summary for stats i think would be nice
    Dungeon clears, deaths. (Maybe lifetime HH stats as well since you didnt post them around release)
    Corsairs played, deaths, average round time
    Fraywind played, deaths, average time, maybe the heatmap like that was posted in one of those.
    Vanguards completed.
    Elin gunners created since this would be relevant
    Maybe something fun like how many people have +9'd something stormcry
    Accounts created in 2017, Concurrent players(Probably wont happen)
    That's all i can think of now.
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    I would love to see some numbers for 2016-2018 just to see how drastic the comparison is.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    AxeI wrote: »

Data from 2012 which is basically irrelevant today, nice try though.

Conveniently ignored LAST YEAR'S infographic as well just to try to make a point, nice try though.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »

Conveniently ignored LAST YEAR'S infographic as well just to try to make a point, nice try though.

Comveniently I happen to get an infographic from Beta where you can see how Females has been always the most played gender in this game from the start until this date: tera-cdn2.enmasse-game.com/datastore/images/2012/04/04/00/49/39/353/DeathFromAbove.png

We already have infographics from 2012-2013, 2013-2015 and 2015-2017; enought to see that we have a couple of thousands of accounts being created per day average, It would be good if this year we can get another infographic that allows you to see how many accounts have been created in this last year.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Comveniently I happen to get an infographic from Beta where you can see how Females has been always the most played gender in this game from the start until this date: tera-cdn2.enmasse-game.com/datastore/images/2012/04/04/00/49/39/353/DeathFromAbove.png

We already have infographics from 2012-2013, 2013-2015 and 2015-2017; enought to see that we have a couple of thousands of accounts being created per day average, It would be good if this year we can get another infographic that allows you to see how many accounts have been created in this last year.

Fun fact that haters will deny till death: Elin is only losing in percentage to races that COMBINE female and male. If we split up the 1st place race in half (giving quite the edge for males)... Elin leads in popularity since Beta.

But yeah, game is dying cause too much of them.
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Fun fact that haters will deny till death: Elin is only losing in percentage to races that COMBINE female and male. If we split up the 1st place race in half (giving quite the edge for males)... Elin leads in popularity since Beta.
    EME said they didn't count Baraka's gender, so Elin/Popori are the only "gender locked" races, and Popori are 9% versus 14% for elin, which means the disparity between females and males for other races is less (because elins occupy a larger % of the total female population, which we have to exclude for other races to see how much % of them is male). Most of the other races are similar in stature, so of course people will be "split" amongst them compared to loli lovers who pick Elin.

Someone who picked Castanic now wouldn't pick Elin if Castanic wasn't available in another Universe, he'll probably pick High Elf or Human instead. So for a more accurate "elin vs the normal-sized races" add the others up. (you'll have to exclude Amani since they're quite different though).
    Indeed. Game now has like 90% elins compared to before only 14%. And it's more dead than ever. What does that tell you? Other MMOs with 0% elin are also thriving when compared to TERA. But yeah, elins are the only reason this game is alive for sure. All other MMOs are dead.

I mean let's use this idiotic logic just to see how self-fulfilling this is. Mystic was the least played class, so according to [filtered] logic, BHS should have stopped investing time and money into it back then. Not worth the returns right? That means not even lv61+ skills whatsoever, and no balance tuning. So mystic becomes a dead class cause it's weak and no lv61+ skills and all.

Result: mystic players quit. No big deal, since they were quite few to begin with. - "every elin player's logic, ever"

Next patch, another class is the least played, I mean someone has to be at the bottom. Stop tweaking that too, not worth the returns, focus on the rest. Then we end up with maybe 1 or 2 classes in the end. Much fun game. Eliminate the weakest/least played everytime for profit and maximum returns. Sounds fair to me.

I understand it's hard to think critically when you are all cutesy and stuff but come on, it's not really so difficult.

(and it's not just race-locked or gender-locked classes I'm talking about; elins have been favored everywhere especially in PvP due to pathetic attack speed compared to other races)
  • StarSprite wrote: »

Again, we will never see stuff like this again, I think is more accurate.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Borsuc wrote: »
    EME said they didn't count Baraka's gender, so Elin/Popori are the only "gender locked" races, and Popori are 9% versus 14% for elin, which means the disparity between females and males for other races is less (because elins occupy a larger % of the total female population, which we have to exclude for other races to see how much % of them is male). Most of the other races are similar in stature, so of course people will be "split" amongst them compared to loli lovers who pick Elin.

Someone who picked Castanic now wouldn't pick Elin if Castanic wasn't available in another Universe, he'll probably pick High Elf or Human instead. So for a more accurate "elin vs the normal-sized races" add the others up. (you'll have to exclude Amani since they're quite different though).
    Indeed. Game now has like 90% elins compared to before only 14%. And it's more dead than ever. What does that tell you? Other MMOs with 0% elin are also thriving when compared to TERA. But yeah, elins are the only reason this game is alive for sure. All other MMOs are dead.

I mean let's use this idiotic logic just to see how self-fulfilling this is. Mystic was the least played class, so according to [filtered] logic, BHS should have stopped investing time and money into it back then. Not worth the returns right? That means not even lv61+ skills whatsoever, and no balance tuning. So mystic becomes a dead class cause it's weak and no lv61+ skills and all.

Result: mystic players quit. No big deal, since they were quite few to begin with. - "every elin player's logic, ever"

Next patch, another class is the least played, I mean someone has to be at the bottom. Stop tweaking that too, not worth the returns, focus on the rest. Then we end up with maybe 1 or 2 classes in the end. Much fun game. Eliminate the weakest/least played everytime for profit and maximum returns. Sounds fair to me.

I understand it's hard to think critically when you are all cutesy and stuff but come on, it's not really so difficult.

(and it's not just race-locked or gender-locked classes I'm talking about; elins have been favored everywhere especially in PvP due to pathetic attack speed compared to other races)

It's very funny how out of the way you go to hate them or trash anything I say about them, by the way weren't you also the same guy (or girl, I don't give a [filtered] about that "assume my gender" [filtered]) who went bananas to make me look stupid on the whole deal of animal ears on a character who also has human ears?

Wonder if it's something you got against me? Don't see all that against Elin Usagi on the same topics...
  • BorsucBorsuc ✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    How did I make you look stupid anywhere? I didn't even take that thread seriously, I mean I did comment about how infeasible animal ears like in TERA are (on top of normal ones), because it was for fun. I mean everyone knows the REAL answer to that thread, I wasn't aware you actually took it seriously. (well, the concept behind how hearing worked was serious discussion of course, but that's clearly not meant as an authoritative argument in a fantasy game with such a poor lore like TERA lol). Sorry for off topic. :P

Btw, I have no problems with elins the way they were initially, without kindergarten cutesy stuff. I do have a problem with people who think elins are "master race" or other nonsense when they don't realize they're in the minority in the gaming community. I mean, I don't hate on minorities, but elin players sure love to flaunt the opposite because now they're the majority of an extremely niche and dead game. So it's sort of retribution. (though to be fair, I *am* annoyed by the fact elins get favoritism in this game, but oh well, not the players' fault)

(also, you're the last one I quoted because you're the last one who posted about it, I of course addressed my post to anyone who shares your viewpoints including ElinUsagi; I also like most of your posts when they're unrelated to elins, just FYI, nothing personal)
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018

Simple maths on closed beta.

Baraka = 5%

Female (56.3*0.95) + Male (43.7*0.95 + Baraka) = 100%

That means:

Female = 53.485%

Male = 46.515% with Baraka included.

The most played race = Castanic even if you add Poporis to Elins

The most played gender = Female.

That was on closed Beta and continued until the P2P version.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did I make you look stupid anywhere? I didn't even take that thread seriously, I mean I did comment about how infeasible animal ears like in TERA are (on top of normal ones), because it was for fun. I mean everyone knows the REAL answer to that thread, I wasn't aware you actually took it seriously. (well, the concept behind how hearing worked was serious discussion of course, but that's clearly not meant as an authoritative argument in a fantasy game with such a poor lore like TERA lol). Sorry for off topic. :P

Btw, I have no problems with elins the way they were initially, without kindergarten cutesy stuff. I do have a problem with people who think elins are "master race" or other nonsense when they don't realize they're in the minority in the gaming community. I mean, I don't hate on minorities, but elin players sure love to flaunt the opposite because now they're the majority of an extremely niche and dead game. So it's sort of retribution. (though to be fair, I *am* annoyed by the fact elins get favoritism in this game, but oh well, not the players' fault)

(also, you're the last one I quoted because you're the last one who posted about it, I of course addressed my post to anyone who shares your viewpoints including ElinUsagi; I also like most of your posts when they're unrelated to elins, just FYI, nothing personal)

Eh, I read into things too much I guess. Probably because Internet has made me numb to irony/sarcasm and not serious stuff... I mean there's so much you would take as not serious, and people then try to lynch you for trolling it (eh, not literally... usually).
    Disregard it then.

I just like to poke the haters tho, I mean they can not like Elins, but some people create accounts and download 42GB to keep blabbering on Global how we're all pedos for liking the race, those ones I poke whenever I can I know it's childish