Lack of team play on Guardian Legion Quests

It is too soon to claim this but some Top guild players that joined these Guardian Quest neglect team play like properly tanking or neglect healing people from another guilds in the same guardian mission.

This will only invite to people to only run this content with guild mates because it looks like some people thinks these are about getting first place on contribution (dps) by any means even if that end up hurting the lenght of the mission.

I am going to be out of this content if healer friends are not on-line for sure, since people didn't catch that this is not a race against other players but a race against clock to get 40 Gardian Quests done per day.

I already have enought of toxic gameplay from some people on dungeons to be working on a content were these same people makes that toxic game play even more toxic, I didn't imagine I would get matched with a full party of people I had blocked for these same reasons.

Comments

• I understand you, but, as a healer, i rather just dps than healing in this case.
    I cant be bothered to get in a party, healing for 90% of the mission and get close to none contribution while everyone else gets it. It sucks enough that i take a lot longer to get one single chest.
    Even with that i still look for the ones tanking at least and cleanse/heal even out of party.
    If i could support the party and not get screwed, i would gladly support more.
  • I wish they'd just bring back Nexus where the only thing that mattered was being one of the 90 players in that node to get the quest, then you could just AFK while others killed the mobs/bams =)
  • Ves1978Ves1978 ✭✭✭✭
    step 1: make a raid
    step 2: enjoy teamwork
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ves1978 wrote: »
    step 1: make a raid
    step 2: enjoy teamwork

Yes, practically this is going to happen in the best guardian missions.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Notepad806 wrote: »
    I wish they'd just bring back Nexus where the only thing that mattered was being one of the 90 players in that node to get the quest, then you could just AFK while others killed the mobs/bams =)

Yeah I could agree until that last NNNNIICE thing you wrote.

This really makes you feel like they don't play the game at all, like, why would anyone want to do stuff for NO rewards (obviously I mean low with that)? There's only so far the "doing for the fun" can be taken before the rope snaps.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Lyanni wrote: »
    I understand you, but, as a healer, i rather just dps than healing in this case.
    I cant be bothered to get in a party, healing for 90% of the mission and get close to none contribution while everyone else gets it. It sucks enough that i take a lot longer to get one single chest.
    Even with that i still look for the ones tanking at least and cleanse/heal even out of party.
    If i could support the party and not get screwed, i would gladly support more.

What I mean is not for a healer to be bad at healing but healers that don't do it on other raid members to allow their guild mates to rise on contribution points, rather silly and I hope this is not intentional or they may have made a mistake about it.

However is hard to think otherwise when you are doing an excelent job and suddenly you stop receiving healings, then you move around and even you walk in front of healer face for a minute and he just ignore you.

I am thinking on queveing only with tanks when I am alone because as a dps it is pretty nasty not being considered as part of the team only because some people holds a personal grunde for silly things (like not agreed to kick noobs from dungeons) and it is not apealing to use health potions that I use on PvP (CU and GvG) only becuase of this matter.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder why they even program the game in 1st place for everyone to just get it based on DPS. For fek's sake why they didn't do it from the start to:
    * DPS gets contribution based on DPS done.
    * Tanks get contribution for aggro held.
    * Healers get from healed damage.

For them to not do it like this from start, is like proof they don't know how people even play this and what role should do what. If a healer drops inside the game without a party, and heals everyone there, that healer IS contributing a lot to the people there.
    But noo, you only get the "hero points". Everyone must do most kills. It's like a football game where the goalkeeper and defense get a "good job." and only the ones who scored goals get the money and fame. Rest is just trash that happens to be there.
  • BnS style. Everyone hits as brainless as can.

As already said, healers are not included in this, unfortunately. Well, I have no problem using one of my dps-characters, though playing healer would be nice here.
  • healers getting shafted as usual.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

What I mean is not for a healer to be bad at healing but healers that don't do it on other raid members to allow their guild mates to rise on contribution points, rather silly and I hope this is not intentional or they may have made a mistake about it.

However is hard to think otherwise when you are doing an excelent job and suddenly you stop receiving healings, then you move around and even you walk in front of healer face for a minute and he just ignore you.

Well... that is other case, if people in the same raid are doing that, is simply just a stupid move. What do you gain for being ranked in Top contribution anyway? e-peen?
  • It doesnt matter no matter how u look at it is solo you gain solo pts if you wont heal everyone you wont get points as quick as dps would I finished my dps within what 20-30min? not even that and my mystic didnt even get hlaf bar after 1 quest so I went on another dps these quests are points based on how much you help others if you dont you dont gain so I dont understand how this is unfair...
  • AriyeanAriyean ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    You shouldn't be dying tbh...
  • NedyleneNedylene ✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Some Healer Players expressed their low contribution as excuse for their dedication to support a team and players.

This link https://board.tera.gameforge.com/index.php/Thread/71649-Patch-Notes-64-03-–-Guardian-Legion-Missions/ shows some good details about the current open world event. The thread in such forum mentions that the points are adquired depending on the damage dealt as also the healing done (mostly depending on the healing amount, higher would be better).

So, unless that I really didn't understand well. Healer players don't have to really focus to do damage as it used to happen in the previous open world event, which I think it was called Dreamstorm.

I might try to do this event with my Priest and my Mystic, to care to recover the team or players as also debuff the bosses or elite mobs as much as possible. if Healer players care to debuff the bosses and mobs as much as possible, the fight would be shorter and the teams would have the chance to kill some BAMs before they run away.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2018
    Ariyean wrote: »
    You shouldn't be dying tbh...

Gotta love my Priestnado, killing everything in sight!

BEEHOOOLD THE PRRRIIIIESSSTT!!!!

*Nice edit too, before I hit to send the message it didn't make sense anymore, well at least now it's not that "grab a better weapon and do more damage".