They didn't listen...no more double vanguards. PLEASE REVERT

Comments

• clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Rxkt wrote: »
    last tera stream, eme did say that they were open to giving free stuff, but not always to make it "more exciting, fun, and worth it".
    https://twitch.tv/videos/222684418
    somewhere in this video lol

yikes

To add to this, I believe both seandynamite and Spacecats said in previous streams that whilst permanent double VGs were not going to be a thing anymore, they were going to add in some variety like having Triple VG days, double VG days etc.

From what we've seen, it would appear that running this kind of setup in an automated fashion isn't possible with double VGs enabled permanently (some weird stuff probably has to happen to make Triple VGs rewards happen when you have Double VGs).

So like, yeah, you won't get the double VGs we've had for the past 3 years, but you might get Triple VGs, or other random stuff that they may pull out of the hat.

====

On a personal note, I quite liked the Permanent Double VGs. However, I am not EME, so it's not as if I can influence anything.
  • McOnosRepMcOnosRep ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    PabloLuiz wrote: »
    just w8 for guardian events full of bots to EMS wake up with full bot server population and 0 money spend in shop or decide not to renew a publishing license ...
    [ Removing Forum Violations]

THIS MAY SOON BE THE MOST ECONOMY DESTROYING ISSUE.

(and given the other problems this is really saying something).

AT LEAST two guilds on my server already have bots working on certain guardian missions. Its utterly obvious if you end up in a group with them as at the moment they all move in sync perfectly each and every time. Of course if they haven't already they are going to put an RNG timer and even occasional make deliberate mistakes soon but it is still going to be pretty obvious.

TLDR: Vanguards get trashed so honest players (especially newbies) are stuffed while exploiters get to farm 40 boxes per alt per day in complete safety.....
    McOnosRep wrote: »
    PabloLuiz wrote: »
    just w8 for guardian events full of bots to EMS wake up with full bot server population and 0 money spend in shop or decide not to renew a publishing license ...

This is actually a huge issue already - at least two guilds on my server already have bots working on certain guardian missions. Its utterly obvious if you end up in a group with them as they all move in sync perfectly each and every time...

So Vanguards get trashed so honest players are stuffed while exploiters get to farm 40 boxes per alt per day in complete safety.....

And that's ignoring the players that are using a certain other exploit.
  • PabloLuiz wrote: »

u recibe guardian rewards acording u participation in the quest (rewards per dmg) so the afk bots will recive low rewards or just nothing
  • I have yet to get a dragon, and now I feel like I never will
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    last tera stream, eme did say that they were open to giving free stuff, but not always to make it "more exciting, fun, and worth it".

yikes

Possible I missed them saying that, but what they said about rewards was they were changing their standards on rewards being distributed. They plan on rewarding less items that aren't really desirable (Although CBs still will be for non-Elites...), while rewarding more of what is desirable, although it seems they want to distribute rewards in ways that are more than just play for 5 seconds and get a week's worth of stuff.

If the standard is adjusting it's probably best to just point them to a proper standard, rather than complaining before anything has actually been done. They also stated they are exploring other tools that were previously too complicated, etc.
  • Yamazuki wrote: »

yikes

Possible I missed them saying that, but what they said about rewards was they were changing their standards on rewards being distributed. They plan on rewarding less items that aren't really desirable (Although CBs still will be for non-Elites...), while rewarding more of what is desirable, although it seems they want to distribute rewards in ways that are more than just play for 5 seconds and get a week's worth of stuff.

If the standard is adjusting it's probably best to just point them to a proper standard, rather than complaining before anything has actually been done. They also stated they are exploring other tools that were previously too complicated, etc.

You're right, we can't complain before knowing what their plans are. The main issue for me and many other new/returning players are the dragon scales. Yes, we don't know what EME is planning but it'd be nice to at least have them acknowledge the issue but ever since the announcement of the VG change (exactly 1 month ago), there has been no message regarding this topic from the EME staff at all.
    I actually think that CassandraTR's post is a good read: https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/20779/poll-vanguard-reward-changes/p1
  • It really makes players feel like less rewarding to play on 1x VG days. Plus the upcoming change will screw those who are unable to play on 3x VG event days. I personally dislike short and OP events that give players tons of stuff if they are able to participate at the event time. People unable to participate such events will be left out seriously and requires double or triple amount of time and effort to catch up. I'm a casual player, and I certainly don't want my real life schedule to be adjusted in order to participate those OP events. The permanent 2x VG at least gives us some reasonable rewards that we're encouraged to play TERA at any given day and time without affecting our lifestyle. Please don't take this away from us...
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funniest part is that they HAVE been reading these topics, as some "huehuebrbr" I posted on other topics have been deleted, this topic here also has it's "(removed forum violations)" but yeah, they ARE playing deaf/blind on this.

As has been stated, they selectively ignore our stuff. Not only this, but many older bug reports too. Makes me seriously doubt how useful it even is to post. Wonder if they ignore it just to not blatantly say "no" thinking it will have a negative impact or what, but I feel like a direct no would be less of a spit on our faces.
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    The funniest part is that they HAVE been reading these topics, as some "huehuebrbr" I posted on other topics have been deleted, this topic here also has it's "(removed forum violations)" but yeah, they ARE playing deaf/blind on this.

As has been stated, they selectively ignore our stuff. Not only this, but many older bug reports too. Makes me seriously doubt how useful it even is to post. Wonder if they ignore it just to not blatantly say "no" thinking it will have a negative impact or what, but I feel like a direct no would be less of a spit on our faces.

They reply to the "february battlegrounds calendar" post no problem, but ignore these threads
  • edited February 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    they selectively ignore our stuff. Not only this, but many older bug reports too. Makes me seriously doubt how useful it even is to post. Wonder if they ignore it just to not blatantly say "no" thinking it will have a negative impact or what, but I feel like a direct no would be less of a spit on our faces.

Just as an FYI, I have been passing along all Feedback I have come across ( forums, discord, in-game, reddit, etc.. ).

Unless something changes, I'll still have to refer to what was posted back in Early January by Spacecats.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    they selectively ignore our stuff. Not only this, but many older bug reports too. Makes me seriously doubt how useful it even is to post. Wonder if they ignore it just to not blatantly say "no" thinking it will have a negative impact or what, but I feel like a direct no would be less of a spit on our faces.

Just as an FYI, I have been passing along all Feedback I have come across ( forums, discord, in-game, reddit, etc.. ).

Unless something changes, I'll still have to refer to what was posted back in Early January by Spacecats.

I'm really thankful for this. You may understand tho that only after such a quite brute summon, to get a reply, ain't the cutest of the ways to deal with it.

Seriously, it wouldn't hurt to at least say "Passed along, thanks for suggestion. Up to the team to decide now" or even heck a blatant "No" or better worded "Sorry, no plans for this as of now". The way it was done really felt like selective hearing/reading and followed by damage control.

I mean it, it's not much to type or heck copy & paste "Passed along, thanks for suggestion. Up to the team to decide now", at least we know then that it was looked up and not 100% ignored.
  • HuvHuv ✭✭✭
    The CM's can only do so much. Theyre just the face and the punching bag of EME. Lets not be too hostile. We appreciate your response, and hope this atrocity will be reverted.

• Huv wrote: »
    The CM's can only do so much. Theyre just the face and the punching bag of EME. Lets not be too hostile. We appreciate your response, and hope this atrocity will be reverted.

Why do i agree with a duck avatar?
This discussion has been closed.