Mystic why lock on nerf?

I’m just curious.
Since mystic depends on the fast lock on to instantly cleanse in stead of priest’s AOE cleanse, this doesn’t feel like a good nerf.
This just makes playing mystic a bit more annoying.
Don’t get me wrong, mystic is still pretty strong stats wise, but this nerf feels out of place.

Comments

• PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Does it count as a nerf if the initial buff wasn't intentional? Mystics were never meant to have a 32m lockon range and to automatically lock onto anything that's close to their crosshair, and Priests certainly didn't have the same functionality. They just fixed the bug and brought Mystic's lockons back in line with Priest's.
  • it was a braindead lock on lol. Felt like cheating lmao.

It doesnt feel out of place at all .
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @CornishRex said:
    > Also the distance remained 30m, priests still have 20m only on their lockon so there you have it :shrug:

This. Still seems bugged for that reason.
  • Koikoi wrote: »
    > @CornishRex said:
    > Also the distance remained 30m, priests still have 20m only on their lockon so there you have it :shrug:

This. Still seems bugged for that reason.

Priests got it to around 29 ish m, with the glyph.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've already answered this to few people but that is not a nerf, but a change made to fix the unintended function.

original text:
    "락온 시 적용되는 범위가 과도하게 컸던 문제가 수정됩니다."

translates to:
    "Fixed lock on range being excessively large"

sources:
    Original KR text: http://tera.nexon.com/news/update/View.aspx?n4articlesn=299&n4pageno=1
    My translation: https://essentialmana.com/news/ktera-928-patch-note/
  • Ah ok thanks for the clarification
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Tfw people have been used to a bug for so long they complain when it goes back to it's half-intended function.
    Arwen wrote: »
    Expect the worst nerf yet to come, as on NA is patch 63 while on EU is patch 64 and there I'm already struggling with the [filtered] 5 mins vow and a 15 mins CD (6 mins CD with all the cdr's possible (included the superior noct)). Everytime I die and i know i did vow i'm wondering why the [filtered] I don't have res....
    Worst nerf ever in this game in all the years I've been playing. GG Tera.

We already have the Vow nerf....we're on the same patch as EU....also superior noct doesn't decrease cooldowns, but yea the vow change sucks but I think it gets bumped up to a 10 minute duration around/after the awakening update rip
  • voidyvoidy ✭✭✭✭✭
    These nerfs have been in the schedule for months now. It's only been a matter of when. Sucks that it was around long enough to basically become a class feature, but that's Butthole Studios for you. Have fun aiming like the rest of us.
  • Any clarification on the 10min vow duration in KR?
  • They took so long to fix a important bug like this that people now think they have been nerfed LOL
  • FeenoxFeenox ✭✭✭
    the fact that this took literally months to get fixed is hilarious. i know thats not on eme's end and bhs probably figured they'd just package the fix with the most recent patch we just got, but seriously, thats ridiculous. bhs is getting worse and worse with delivering important patches to us..
  • Arwen wrote: »
    Expect the worst nerf yet to come, as on NA is patch 63 while on EU is patch 64 and there I'm already struggling with the [filtered] 5 mins vow and a 15 mins CD (6 mins CD with all the cdr's possible (included the superior noct)). Everytime I die and i know i did vow i'm wondering why the [filtered] I don't have res....

Totally agree... only i timed mine and it is 6 minutes 40 seconds cooldown. with 5 minutes up. Also why is priest grace not plaguable or regressable, but vow is?
  • Arwen wrote: »

Yeah, this is ridiculous. It really had made playing mystic not fun at all...and when my group that I static with is learning content, we have to continuously start over now :/ They need to put it back how it was.
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Margarethe wrote: »
    CornishRex wrote: »
    Arwen wrote: »

Yeah, this is ridiculous. It really had made playing mystic not fun at all...and when my group that I static with is learning content, we have to continuously start over now :/ They need to put it back how it was.

It's almost as if mystics are supposed to be the harder healer to play with a bigger reward to the party or something...

According to what I read in another thread previously, the cooldown is supposed to be lowered by the talent system, making the actual effect time longer than the cooldown.

Otherwise, tank/dps' will learn with a priest and later switch to a mystic.

Vow only has a reset talent, which has a chance to proc when someone reses with vow.