The new CM

To the new Community Manager,
At this point all you'd have to do is reactivate Vanguards and you'd be hailed as a hero.
Give people an easier way to acquire noctenium, you'd be a king.
Create an incentive to run content or create actual worthwhile events that doesn't just ruin the in game economy and you'll be a god.
To be a good CM though
  • admit that you're not TERA savvy (because chances are you don't know more than "this class is cool 'cause its an elin" or something along the lines of nothing to do with gameplay) but that you are willing to learn and actually BE willing to learn
  • communication
  • listen to the feedback of the community both on the forums and in game
  • communication
  • respond to legitimate questions, ask questions on why people are happy or upset with said circumstance
  • communication
  • a longer heads up for in game events so that people can clear their schedules if they are interested in attending said events
  • communication
  • take polls from time to time to see what people would like to see
  • communication
You are the face of EME. You are what we see. You are who the players turn to. You have a pretty solid Player Council for the most part. You aren't alone. Use them. Ask for their input. They are pretty much our representatives. They already do a lot for the forum community as it is. You can trust them.
Do all these things and you'll be a great CM as well as a friend to the community.
Thanks.

Comments

• StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Yeah...wanted to lvl one more tank and decided to not do it, because it will need to do two (20 bams) mid tier vanguards to get ONE RANDOM glyph.

poor new players...
  • Yeah...wanted to lvl one more tank and decided to not do it, because it will need to do two (20 bams) mid tier vanguards to get ONE RANDOM glyph.

poor new players...

tbh this probably the worst reason alone to be mad at VG nerfs but to each their own I guess.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Unless they actually fill the post that Spacecats left, EME only has one CM for all titles that EME publish. Circuits.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    who is our new cm we will sacrifice to cute elin godess and who will be our new scapegoat :3 ?
  • To be a good CM though
    • admit that you're not TERA savvy (because chances are you don't know more than "this class is cool 'cause its an elin" or something along the lines of nothing to do with gameplay) but that you are willing to learn and actually BE willing to learn

It's just my personal opinion, but I would like to see a CM level a character from the beginning all the way up to +9 Stormcry (as a normal player would). I don't think you can empathize with the community until you fully understand what it takes to reach that level. They could even make it part of the twitch stream to help other players (sort of like a zero to hero series).
  • Ammutseba wrote: »
    To be a good CM though

It's just my personal opinion, but I would like to see a CM level a character from the beginning all the way up to +9 Stormcry (as a normal player would). I don't think you can empathize with the community until you fully understand what it takes to reach that level. They could even make it part of the twitch stream to help other players (sort of like a zero to hero series).

Which Class would you like to see leveled ?
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    > @ShadowOfLight said:
    > StitchedSoul wrote: »
    >
    > Yeah...wanted to lvl one more tank and decided to not do it, because it will need to do two (20 bams) mid tier vanguards to get ONE RANDOM glyph.
    >
    > poor new players...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > tbh this probably the worst reason alone to be mad at VG nerfs but to each their own I guess.

"worst" is a subjective definition, same as "best". It depends only on needs of players.
    i have tonns of nocts, i have acc wide dragons. For me glyphs for chars are way more important than tier 8 emporium that also not far.
    so yes youre right - to each their own.
    and i bet new players will first struggle with glyphs, rather than scales or nocts or vg point to lvl their tier in emporium. The last doesnt need so many points at first anyway.
  • Ammutseba wrote: »
    To be a good CM though

This would be a great way to start it off. I'm not sure @CobaltDragon understands the full weight of doing that yet - or at least without GM cheats like when they +15'd starfall - but I applaud him for the response as it seems like he was willing to learn which is huge imo.

• @
    Ammutseba wrote: »
    To be a good CM though

I LOVE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
  • Please pay attention when you make events - they should be fair for everyone, not just for those who viewed Twitch stream
    and/or came in certain time to certain place.
    I never got anything from Mongo's
  • ShadowOfLightShadowOfLight ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    > @ShadowOfLight said:
    > StitchedSoul wrote: »
    >
    > Yeah...wanted to lvl one more tank and decided to not do it, because it will need to do two (20 bams) mid tier vanguards to get ONE RANDOM glyph.
    >
    > poor new players...
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > tbh this probably the worst reason alone to be mad at VG nerfs but to each their own I guess.

"worst" is a subjective definition, same as "best". It depends only on needs of players.
    i have tonns of nocts, i have acc wide dragons. For me glyphs for chars are way more important than tier 8 emporium that also not far.
    so yes youre right - to each their own.
    and i bet new players will first struggle with glyphs, rather than scales or nocts or vg point to lvl their tier in emporium. The last doesnt need so many points anyway.

Yeah, I agree, which is why I stated "to each their own". The main pushes against the VG nerfs is credits, and dragon scales but i admit IoD tokens nerf is huge as well. However in the grand scheme of things, once you have all your alts and all your glyphs its relatively easy. 20 mid tier bams aren't that hard to farm. Farming 400 high tier dungoens on the other hand is a lot more time consuming and grants the 1.5 crit dragon - which is completely different from your account bound version. The VG tokens is being complained about because its the only source of superior noctenium available to f2p users and uses 400 noctenium per noct. you can have 100,000 noctenium and if you convert it to blue nocts you could still burn through that amount using it for the 400 high tier dungeons to get the 1.5 dragon.

Silly me, I derailed my own post.
  • Lvl warr tank.
    its will be surprise that you can que as tank but... You cannot tank because your stance and skills not learned till 52!
    whoever did this should suffer.
  • btw did we get a new CM
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    AxeI wrote: »
    Ammutseba wrote: »
    To be a good CM though

Which Class would you like to see leveled ?

Probably a class like Lancer, Warrior, Sorcerer or Zerk which require a decent amount of effort to be good at, in my opinion.

Let him do a dps class, so he can also feel how players feel when queve times take many minutes on dungeons.