[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

DPS RANK post awakening patch

Hi guys, as you see in the title, please rank DPS from best to worst.

I'm a main heal and I want to have a character I can DPS with without having to tryhard to have decent DPS.

Comments

• brawler wins lol

i think its Valkyrie warrior zerker archer sorcerer that my personal rank
  • 1) ninja.
    2) ninja.
    3) ninja.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    Berserker
    Warrior
    Slayer
    Brawler
    Archer
    rest

.. was what i felt while playing :o
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    Depends on what you mean by "decent DPS without tryhard" in which aspect, but I'll assume among every DPS class.

Thing is that I can say Zerk is super easy to learn at start, but to adapt to it in all combat situation, it's not any different from any other class in terms of "knowing the class" to apply whatever utility it has in various situations.

I can say Zerk is powerful in Raw power, short runs, and combat that does not require much mobility, but on the contrast, Warrior is extremely well rounded in any combat type, duration, and situation. Slayer is also well rounded too.

In my personal experiences, I find Zerk much easier early on, but if you lack knowledge about the class's utility with their skills, you will struggle when the combat environment change. However, it's the opposite for Warrior and Slayer where I (still) struggle with their combos and stuff but I find myself struggling in varying combat environments.

For non Awakened classes, Valkyrie, Archer, Ninja, Gunner, and Reaper are solid choices in KTERA. However, this is due to Talent differences, where in NA, Ninja suffers in that regard. Therefore, it's more Like Valkyrie, Archer, Gunner in NA.

Personally I cannot get used to Archer and Gunner despite how everyone says they are really easy. Valkyrie on the other hand is nice as you are experienced player with basic game knowledge, and Reaper is quite fun if you like fast paced style like Warrior.

Since it looks like Sorcerer suffers in KTERA, I'd imaging Sorc and Ninja being the worst when Awakening arrives.

Sorc is something I cant get used to either despite others saying it's not too difficult to learn. But Ninja is easy to learn at start, but I can't really say you'd get a good DPS compared to other classes.

Of course, this also varies depending on which tank/healer combo you have in party, but I'll assume you'd know that by now as you are healer main yourself.

If you seek well rounded stats in many situations, go Warrior or Slayer.
    If you want some leisure at start and not plan to adapt in the class much, go Zerk.
    If you don't care for Awakened classes, go with either Valkyrie, Reaper, Archer, or Gunner.
    If you just want a different experience, go with any of the class you feel like you'd like. Ninja and Sorcs are fun too.

But if you mean't "decent DPS without tryhard" for specific class instead, you have to put some effort to learn them anyways since the higher DPS a class can pull off, the higher standard for "decent DPS" for such class will be.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    The thing is, your personal comfort with each class matters a lot. Like what @Idi0ticGenius said above, although archer and gunner may be easy classes for most people, its not the case for him.

Anyways, DPS rank is something like Nonslaying: [Tier 1: Zerk/Valkyrie/Warrior] [Tier 2: Slayer/Reaper] [Tier 3:Archer/Sorc/Gunner] [Tier 4: Ninja]
    SLAYING Rank: [Tier 1: Zerk/Slayer] [Tier 2: Warrior/Valkyrie/Reaper] [Tier 3: Archer/Gunner] [Tier 4: Ninja]

Post Awakening patch, just move Zerk/War/Slayer to tier 1, Valk down to tier 2, and everything else remains the same.
  • On Story's Twitch they have a night bot which they programmed to tell which is the best in turns of dps. Story is a very skilled player on KTera
    and this shows the highest to lowest in terms of dps in Ktera currently.

Berserker > Warrior > Slayer >>> The wall of 4 Dimension >>> Archer > Ninja, Reaper > Gunner, Valkyrie > Sorcerer
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    Damn why do sorcs have to be bottom feeders again, damn it.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    Ktera tier list is irrelevant to NA's tier list
  • PetasoPetaso ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    They asked for post awakening patch and ktera is the only one that has the awakening.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Mieax wrote: »
    They asked for post awakening patch and ktera is the only one that has the awakening.

And they also have talents making some classes way better than others.
  • i'm confused in that they asked for post? and i gave postawkening. of course ktera and ours is different because of talents but i posted it because OP asked for post awkening dps rank. xD otherwise i woudl give NAs.
  • SaabiSaabi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Unfortunately for the OP, all the classes in Tier 1 have to try hard. I guess you can play Zerk? because their awakening is the most braindead and overall gameplay isn't challenging. It doesn't require really fast hands to do well, just boss knowledge.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    InFRaReD28 wrote: »
    Unfortunately for the OP, all the classes in Tier 1 have to try hard. I guess you can play Zerk? because their awakening is the most braindead and overall gameplay isn't challenging. It doesn't require really fast hands to do well, just boss knowledge.

is it highly ping reliant tho? I mean there's classes more affected than others, all are but some are more. Asking cause 180ms, tho I guess I'll just go with ranged from now to forever after the re-ta-rded controller changes
  • Elinu1 wrote: »

I feel your pain. Sorc is supposed to be the "glass cannon" class. Top tier DPS, but low defense. Unfortunately, game balance isn't a priority for Bluehole.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ammutseba wrote: »
    Elinu1 wrote: »

I feel your pain. Sorc is supposed to be the "glass cannon" class. Top tier DPS, but low defense. Unfortunately, game balance isn't a priority for Bluehole.

B...But it's balanced with talents!