[PC] We are aware of current ongoing server issues, and are investigating. Thank you for your patience and understanding!

Lack of team play on Guardian Legion Quests

12346»

Comments

• HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    Hexagram wrote: »
    Killing the boss faster doesn't mean squat. As a slayer i get 1k contribution for every approximately 1 million damage done. I'd rather be dpsing until the time runs out with a decent tank than killing it and teleporting around and winding up killing the crab and then doing frogs.

I have to disagree here and that is because i have used slaying on my brawler which already has +6SC storm weapon plus etchings on jewelries and 2.0 dragon along other stuff so my dps is pretty good even for a brawler and i kinda cleared the basilisks super fast when going at early hours finding solo channels then moving real quick to another mission.

What happens though is that from what i saw at least - please correct me if i am wrong - the bosses get extra stats with every additional player in the area so the bosses get extra HP/Endurance/Crit resist/Damage/Attack speed/Etc based on how many players are around.. So the more players are around then the more HP and more Endurance has one boss which means that us as players will spend more time fighting the same boss depending on the entire dps as a group.. But if you happen to deal a crazy amount of damage while the rest are being normal then you will get so much more points than others though if there are two or three more crazy dps with you then you will normal points as well

Unfortunately.. and from what i saw at least.. It is fine to fight a boss for a prolonged time as long as you are in top 3dps in a large group though it is even better to solo bosses ( especially with slaying ) because at least in my case i could get 2.5boxes in under two minutes after doing basilisk so i could move real quick to another mission ending up with 4boxes or 5boxes per 5minutes unlike when the guardian patch came where i could get around 3 boxes per 5 minutes following the big groups ( the missions that have long waiting times like frogs where there is a lot of explanation give the less points and especially since damage does matter so anyone can get as much % .. so better go for the missions that start real fast and does not have too much waiting in between fighting like basilisk or crustacean ).

Did you read past my first line at all? It didn't matter how big the group was every 1 million damage i was doing i was getting 1000 points. I am a S L A Y E R, soloing basilisks in the wee hours is not an option. I am glad you found a way where you can do 100% of the damage and maximize your dps on your brawler in a really unique situation. It does not apply to anything i said. I haven't seen any difference in damage i do whether the group is small or large. Maybe they gain more hp and endurance maybe they don't. What i do know like i said is what i can actually observe. I am sure if you took the time to observe how much you hit for and how many points you got in return you could come to similar conclusions.
  • Meh so much complaining and I'm just thinking this has been one of the better social content I've seen for a while. Great ideas and intentions behind it, utilizing the open world that most people aren't aware of and grouping players up together for a reasonable challenge. The reward are arguably way more than fair for the work you put in. Overall groot job o/
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    My upset came from the fact that the if you do a 10man or 15man bam without a tank then that bam will 2shot any dps starting from the one with the highest aggro and in that case you want to have a tank to keep the bam more or less in the same position. And because of this the dps not only that benefits almost full time from having the option to back crit which increases the dps tremendously instead of kiting the bams around and dying 50% of the time but the tanks provide debuffs to endurance so all in all the tanks are actually quite important for the dps classes boosting them ever so much.

And what do tanks get in return for playing such an important role? You guessed it.. 1/2 points or 3 boxes per 5mins compared to the other classes with equal gear that get 5/6 boxes per 5minutes ( i even saw healers with +0 frostmetal doing as good as a brawler with +6SC with 2.0 dragon and extra etchings on jewelries so i went on my priest with +0twistshard and it all got funny from there ).

Then the question arises: what will happen if all the tanks decide to reroll into healers or dps for guardian missions? Who is going to back crit and get 6 boxes per 5minutes anymore when everyone will kite the bams and die so much?
  • I wish we got points from healing :/ Also we don't get any extra points or bonus from being in a group..takes me forever to cap each day to the point where I don't even bother anymore.
  • I wish we got points from healing :/ Also we don't get any extra points or bonus from being in a group..takes me forever to cap each day to the point where I don't even bother anymore.

Are you by any chance a healer? Because if you are a healer then you need to make some investments as in getting the second option for the weapon which costs 20k gold to be able to switch to dps whenever and also go and buy from the vanguard merchant some dps jewelries/etc plus get some back crit niveots ( inspect healers that you see at the top and you should get an idea about it ).

Healers right now and even with +0 frostmetal are doing really good when it comes about getting guardian points but you need to back crit and dps ( if you want to be nice with your tanks then also try to dispel stuns at bams whenever you can ).
  • So are they going to add any new missions at a later time?
    Right now there are 2 blue and 4 green, after an hour or 2, it starts to feel like grinding. =/
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I wish we got points from healing :/ Also we don't get any extra points or bonus from being in a group..takes me forever to cap each day to the point where I don't even bother anymore.

Are you by any chance a healer? Because if you are a healer then you need to make some investments as in getting the second option for the weapon which costs 20k gold to be able to switch to dps whenever and also go and buy from the vanguard merchant some dps jewelries/etc plus get some back crit niveots ( inspect healers that you see at the top and you should get an idea about it ).

Healers right now and even with +0 frostmetal are doing really good when it comes about getting guardian points but you need to back crit and dps ( if you want to be nice with your tanks then also try to dispel stuns at bams whenever you can ).

Oh yes I am a Mystic :) Where do I get this weapon? Right now my main weapon is Stormcry..and it does decent damage. Sorry..I am a newbie lol.

I'll go see about getting the back crystals too! Thanks :D
  • aeee98aeee98 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I wish we got points from healing :/ Also we don't get any extra points or bonus from being in a group..takes me forever to cap each day to the point where I don't even bother anymore.

Oh yes I am a Mystic :) Where do I get this weapon? Right now my main weapon is Stormcry..and it does decent damage. Sorry..I am a newbie lol.

You can choose to pay 20k to get the second roll especially since you are in stormcry. On the second set of rolls you need to use semi enigmatics to reroll them to dps ones, but the investment is worth it (you can use your mystic in anything else that requires you to dps such as IoD).

EDIT: I have tried on a Guardian +0 Mystic with full dps rolls. I did all my 40 boxes in slightly above an hour, so I don't think it is impossible.

• Oh yes I am a Mystic :) Where do I get this weapon? Right now my main weapon is Stormcry..and it does decent damage. Sorry..I am a newbie lol.

My bad.. i forgot to add this one.

You can shift +mouse click your current weapon and it will ask you to spend 20k for a new setup then you can switch with shift +mouse click whenever you want to heal or dps ( you can also go to your character and save a whole heal gear setup for say number 1 then save a whole dps gear setup for say number 5 and click 1 or 5 whenever you want to heal or dps because the weapon setup gets saved as well so you do not have to use shift every time ).

Also, get a cheap guardian chest/glove from the vanguard NPC to roll dps stats on them if you do not want to spend another 40k on them.
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭

What is there to even heal? Not much does damage. DPS can just instantly res up nearby. Everyone automatically gets every healer buff.