[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance on 9/23 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

This game eats too much time

2

Comments

  • WhippyWhip wrote: »
    The thing is that OP isnt a new player, maybe is my interpretation of casual, but that doesnt mean new to me, that just means can play 3/4 days out of 7

    I've made toons on other servers and spend time leveling and gearing them, for new player yee its hard, but what do you expect that just because their new they should get frostmetal/dragon/etchings easier then others? Cus then everyones going to complain

    My original point was more looking stating that you cant be a casual player and expect to have everything a hardcore player has be it gold, mats, gear, glyphs, w/e, you only get back what you put in

    The OP is 5 months old according to his forum date. thats pretty new to me.

    Also your worried about people getting dragons easier than others? if you were around for the argon loot box event you were given a dragon for free basically. so grinding vs events kinda throws this out the window.

    Your point to me is if you are a casual player, you must make the events or youll be grinding forever.

  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    WhippyWhip wrote: »
    Jesus people still complaining...
    Looks its happend, yes its lame, but they are planning more stuff to be released like events and stuff, you had months to get your glyphs and if you paid attention to the forums you would have realised that they was going to change the vg's to single as of start of feb, its not eme that you had poor time keeping skills

    Sorry but if you are a casual player you cant expect to have the same gear/wealth as a hardcore player

    Stop talking. Full stop.

    Go back and read the thread. The very day spacecats said they were changing it there were people saying please reconsider this, please don't do this, including myself. I even mathed it all out in multiple situations. Poor time keeping skills? I made a poll 3 weeks ago so that hopefully EME would see how stupid this decision was.
    WhippyWhip wrote: »
    Gear or glyphs all of it is character progression
    Nor is iod long, if you have a few toons you can get your glyphs easily, gear progression is harder in this game now as it punishes you if you play multiple toons, but this only punishes you if you are going for sc gear that takes 10's of thousand of xp

    If you plan on getting frost (all you need for high teir dungeons) then it is very simple to do so and you can get a toon to full frost within a day easy

    You can't do high tier IoD without 439 ilevel. You can't get 439 ilevel in one day. No new player can do that, not with one char, not with 2 chars. You are talking out of your rear. The fact that you even said that and you think you are serious, is hilarious.

    So stop talking. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

    if i start from scratch i can get to frost in 2 weeks do all dalies 16 farm world bams rinse repeat. you have to work hard take your time and build up tera aint going no where in a hurry go eat some ice cream with friends gf family come back play some work on gloves go chill take your time. don't rush.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm a casual player but I still try to be somewhat competitive. I really enjoy playing and pvping with multiple classes but the time it takes to develop a character is too long. I'm not talking about leveling up because you can do that in a day. I don't even care about the ridiculously expensive gear progression because I usually just have mid-tier gear on my main character and low-tier gear on my alts. And I just pvp with guardian equipment anyway. But the time it takes to get all the glyphs for a character is ridiculous and they've decreased the crystal rewards for Island of Dawn BAM quests. Now I gotta kill 150 of the top-tier bams for just 1 glyph. Do you know how long that [filtered] takes? What's the point of creating multiple characters if you can't even enjoy what each one has to offer? I get that the game is all about end-game content and they are trying to prolong that as much as possible but this is too much

    it is a korean mmorpg, all korean mmorpg eat too much time ;)
  • PowerhungryPowerhungry ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I think that your points are valid but this is not a post about equality among players. It is about the enjoyability of the game as a whole. There's a lot of dimensions to this topic like achievements, diversity (things you can do like events ,bg, dg, solo quests, craft, etc), competition, and mastery (how well you control your character, etc). I think the main selling point of Tera is that it is a true action-combat MMORPG and I would say that Mastery is probably one of the most important things that contribute to its enjoyability.

    The glyphs affect the Mastery element because it affects cooldowns and stun durations and limits what you can do in pve and especially in pvp. Not having them makes playing the character feel sluggish. A good example of this would be the attack speed glyph for brawlers who are pretty much crap without it. The fact that you have wait so long to even get to enjoy playing your character is detrimental to the game in my opinion. You can only do 3 of the top-tier bam quest per day and thats only if you have frostmetal or sc which gives you 36 of the top-tier crystal. One glyph requires 180 of those crystals... I get that you can get those master glyph boxes with low-tier crystals and other methods but once you've gotten a lot of them, the chances of getting the glyphs you want dwindles because it's RNG and once again, there is a limit to how many you can get per day

    Gearing only affects what dungeons you can do. You can still do dungeons and pvp with low-tier gear (and do well) so it doesn't contribute as much as glyphs. It's for people who want to go the extra mile (I personally don't enjoy dungeons so I'm probably a little biased on that)
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    I get that you can get those master glyph boxes with low-tier crystals and other methods but once you've gotten a lot of them, the chances of getting the glyphs you want dwindles because it's RNG
    so is every single other aspect of gear/character progression in this game short of swiping (and even then in a sense it's still random since you'd have to find a seller).
  • metagame wrote: »
    I get that you can get those master glyph boxes with low-tier crystals and other methods but once you've gotten a lot of them, the chances of getting the glyphs you want dwindles because it's RNG
    so is every single other aspect of gear/character progression in this game short of swiping (and even then in a sense it's still random since you'd have to find a seller).

    But you can buy enchant materials and buy your way through enchanting. You can't even put glyphs or glyph boxes in the bank
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    i'm pretty sure that you don't need me or anyone to tell you why what you're saying is wrong, so instead of continuing to go in circles you could spend this time working on your character progression. :-)
  • PowerhungryPowerhungry ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    it's an opinion. It's neither wrong nor right and all we can do is discuss it which is the point of a forum btw
  • Don't play this game and expect to progress anywhere if you don't have time for a second job.
  • DialooniaDialoonia ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    all the people talking about character progression.. for real most of you gather all the glyph with tokens like crocstar token where you only need 5 per glyph box, Also these token dropped in ABNM the fastest dungeon ever.

    I can give the Op only this suggestion:

    Buy Rng Boxes first.(from Mid IoD Bams) At the beginning it doesnt matter which glyoh you get so u can buy rng boxes. If u don't get every importat glyph you can just buy the last 2 or 3 glyphs.

    They should indeed reduce grinding amoun for glyphs .. i mean glyphs were introduced 5 years ago which was somewhat endgame but nowdays its not endgame anymore. Look at all the etching. First hard to achieve and now you get them basicly for free (even T4 except accessories which are Min max anyways .. but glyphs are important)

    And because of retards which this kind of opinion they really wonder why the game is dying.

    In my opinion they should make all glyphs aviable if you reach level 65.



  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    Most people here aren't going to really understand, as for a while getting glyphs was easy, especially with all the events. How glyphs currently are is just a lazy way to "extend" the life of the game, not sure why it's being encouraged to remain as is. BHS always talks about the gap between new and old players, glyphs would be a start.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Melyodis wrote: »
    WhippyWhip wrote: »
    Jesus people still complaining...
    Looks its happend, yes its lame, but they are planning more stuff to be released like events and stuff, you had months to get your glyphs and if you paid attention to the forums you would have realised that they was going to change the vg's to single as of start of feb, its not eme that you had poor time keeping skills

    Sorry but if you are a casual player you cant expect to have the same gear/wealth as a hardcore player

    Stop talking. Full stop.

    Go back and read the thread. The very day spacecats said they were changing it there were people saying please reconsider this, please don't do this, including myself. I even mathed it all out in multiple situations. Poor time keeping skills? I made a poll 3 weeks ago so that hopefully EME would see how stupid this decision was.
    WhippyWhip wrote: »
    Gear or glyphs all of it is character progression
    Nor is iod long, if you have a few toons you can get your glyphs easily, gear progression is harder in this game now as it punishes you if you play multiple toons, but this only punishes you if you are going for sc gear that takes 10's of thousand of xp

    If you plan on getting frost (all you need for high teir dungeons) then it is very simple to do so and you can get a toon to full frost within a day easy

    You can't do high tier IoD without 439 ilevel. You can't get 439 ilevel in one day. No new player can do that, not with one char, not with 2 chars. You are talking out of your rear. The fact that you even said that and you think you are serious, is hilarious.

    So stop talking. You clearly have no clue what you are talking about.

    if i start from scratch i can get to frost in 2 weeks do all dalies 16 farm world bams rinse repeat. you have to work hard take your time and build up tera aint going no where in a hurry go eat some ice cream with friends gf family come back play some work on gloves go chill take your time. don't rush.

    You are not taking a new player circunstances into account but only your own.

    And we are not talking only about gear but in overall aspects of character progression like glyphs and dragon 1.5x.

    I doubt you can even know what is leveling up without your wealth at this point becuase there are restrictions at how much gold you will get with a new account when leveling and reaching level 65.

    You are not taking into account non-elite accounts, entry limits per day, the new restrictions of how much vanguard credits you will earn, the restrictions on how much IoD tokens you will get, dragon scales from dungeons or IoD, time you will need to clear 2 star dungeons with a party with fresh level 65 players, bams won't give you enought gold and dungeons won't give you enought materials.

    Actually with the restrictions that we have in the game you won't get twistward in your fisrt week as a new player with one character without elite.

    Nice try but you have shown you don't even grasp the problem of the issue.
  • why cant they have a scoring system for points that could be used to activate glyphs that you want to open up including these master ones everyone is talking about. this would have to start at the beginning once you got out of stepstone. they could give points for doing storyline, quests. and once you hit 20 when glyphs are usable you could have a decent number already to use to start.
  • Bring back Temple of Temerity dungeon :)
  • ArdireArdire ✭✭✭✭✭
    that one dude on this thread who equated having master glyphs to being a "hardcore" player gave me an aneurysm i'll be sending you my medical bills

    gear is one thing but glyphs, uncommon and master, shouldn't be hard or painstaking to get. that's stupid. the only time that was remotely okay was when ToT and SG was around cause ToT was very easy and fast and SG was fun and creative and also a great money making dungeon if you already had your glyphs (cause once upon a time you could just throw money at the broker and buy the talents you needed for glyphs)

    but now it's dumb and not fun or a money-maker so having it take a long time/significant amount of effort is nauseating
Sign In or Register to comment.