Tank Footwear Rolls Question

Nice and quick, "Increase resistance to knockdown and stagger from boss attacks by 35%" on feet.
1. Is it worth it over say a lovely 2% MP/5 sec... *cough* battle solution *cough*, and other equally underwhelming golden rolls for the single item level?
2. Does it actually work? I felt no improvement (35% should be noticeable) in Shattered Fleet after getting them. Would 10 Balance Factor (Lancer has a base of 70) be better?

Comments

• RabqitRabqit ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    He actually has a point there, since lancers live from the stacks they get from perfect blocking and lose by getting knocked down...
    It's actually quite stupid in my opinion that you can't go for that stat cuz it lowers your gs.
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    The thing with knockdowns and staggers is that if the attack is doing to knock you down or stagger, its going to.

Balance and Knockdown/stagger resistance are pretty much entirely pointless outside of PVP (even then Zerks will still KD you even at 5928592859258 balance) so those rolls are entirely useless.

Mp increase should always be taken (espically sicne Lancer is very mana hungry when played correctly)
  • Actually it is not. The second boss in lk has a lot of kd skills. My lancer was pretty annoyed by it so I tried out spamming arise with my priest. The skill doesn't only get you up after kd but also buffes you kd res, with both glyphs he got ~70% less kd.
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Knockdown and stagger isn't really implemented in most dungeons, therefore it is not recommended using that roll as you will barely have use for it.
    Instead use something else that will be useful to you 100% of the time. Especially as a Lancer, as stated above, it is crucial to have more mana regeneration.
    Only dungeons which have knockdown and stagger (ignoring low tier dungeons) are probably LK/LKH, second boss in TR/TRH, first boss in BP as well.
    However, I don't think the roll will affect it by much, if you're careful enough you can just block it and you won't have any problems. The ONLY dungeon which I do think that roll MIGHT be useful at is LK/LKH, but I really think it's not worth it.
  • I used to believe in Arise balance buff until i saw that most of bosses and players have 100% KD anyway..
  • If you run a lot of PVE content with KD and staggers, it is defiantly a roll to consider.

Not like re-rolling is aids any more.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Lancer main, I prefer MP as I run out all the time.

KD mechanics are avoidable, and most Balance/Impact factor stuff aren't even relevant to consider anymore as they have been removed from the game (but still exist within game files because they do work to a degree, but BHS thought that it only makes it confusing for newer players and removed them).