There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Race Change to Elin Gunner Now Available!

2»

Comments

• AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    This is a win for the community, good job EME
  • Xristosx wrote: »
    Post i made on the 24th Jan

Heh...

It wasn't a patch change that they got automatically, but something they manually enabled (hence it being off the patch schedule). So, partial credit, I guess.

What he said - it had nothing to do with any patch. It was a setting enforced by our tools. Today we removed the setting.
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    Xristosx wrote: »

Heh...

It wasn't a patch change that they got automatically, but something they manually enabled (hence it being off the patch schedule). So, partial credit, I guess.

What he said - it had nothing to do with any patch. It was a setting enforced by our tools. Today we removed the setting.

So does that mean the same thing will happen with male brawler? Since it was nothing to do with the patch you should be able to enforce that right away with your tools correct?
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    So does that mean the same thing will happen with male brawler? Since it was nothing to do with the patch you should be able to enforce that right away with your tools correct?
    Depends on marketing goals :o
  • I’m surprised Enmasse didn’t have to get permission from BHS to do this change because Enmasse made it seem like they need permission from BHS to make any changes to the game.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    LennyH wrote: »
    I’m surprised Enmasse didn’t have to get permission from BHS to do this change because Enmasse made it seem like they need permission from BHS to make any changes to the game.

Well, now that EU did it, I don't think other regions would have a problem getting permission if they asked.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

Heh...

I suspect that Male Brawlers will go through the same as Elin Gunners: 1~2 months till the new toy thing dies out and then it's not much of a hassle anymore. If they release it at 1st they'll have a lot of costume swaps to deal with, besides I do bet they'll want to make a Male Brawler leveling event anyway.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 9
    ElinLove wrote: »

Heh...

I suspect that Male Brawlers will go through the same as Elin Gunners: 1~2 months till the new toy thing dies out and then it's not much of a hassle anymore. If they release it at 1st they'll have a lot of costume swaps to deal with, besides I do bet they'll want to make a Male Brawler leveling event anyway.

My thought.

I expect to switch my female to male in about two months after release ( it is weird to have a secx change after playing so much female rofl ).

By the way, does anyone know when we will get the new haircuts?
  • LennyH wrote: »
    I’m surprised Enmasse didn’t have to get permission from BHS to do this change because Enmasse made it seem like they need permission from BHS to make any changes to the game.

Well, now that EU did it, I don't think other regions would have a problem getting permission if they asked.

Can't compare EU to NA...because if thats the case, I don't see why EME is having problems getting permissions to release revamped older content(RMHM/DSU/FIHM) when EU already has it.
  • NOW YOU CAN BUY ALL THE ELIN COSTUMES !!!!!
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭

Can't compare EU to NA...because if thats the case, I don't see why EME is having problems getting permissions to release revamped older content(RMHM/DSU/FIHM) when EU already has it.

Because Gameforge is editing it themselves on their servers, and it's getting trashed with each subsequent patch. It's not something that BHS is doing centrally and distributing to other regions.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    GardoVdl wrote: »
    NOW YOU CAN BUY ALL THE ELIN COSTUMES !!!!!

This does make me wonder how much costumes in average each race/gender combination has.
    I would assume at least, that Elves and Castanics have a quantity at least similar to Elins, maybe in average the Elin player has more, but I don't think it's toooo far off.

Not to mention most are not exclusive, but it does open up a bit more the portfolio (I honestly would love to see Kitty Cat outfits for all females tho...)
  • LennyH wrote: »

Because Gameforge is editing it themselves on their servers, and it's getting trashed with each subsequent patch. It's not something that BHS is doing centrally and distributing to other regions.

If GF is editing it themselves, which mean EME can also as well. So why is EME forwarding our feed backs to BHS(BHS don't care) instead taking matters into their own hands? I wouldn't be so sure about GF trashing Tera with each subsequent patch, because I'm sure you've seen NA forums; every time EU release revamped old content, people post on the forums about how EU is getting X,Y, and Z, while we get nothing.
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't be so sure about GF trashing Tera with each subsequent patch,

you've read the trashing part wrong
    GF arnt trashing tera like you are thinking
    the extra work GF put in to have this extra that's being talked about is being trashed by the implementation of each new patch so GF have to re do their work again after each patch to keep what theyve adding extra
  • > @tisnotme said:
    > LennyH wrote: »
    >
    > counterpoint wrote: »
    >
    > I wouldn't be so sure about GF trashing Tera with each subsequent patch,
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > you've read the trashing part wrong
    > GF arnt trashing tera like you are thinking
    > the extra work GF put in to have this extra that's being talked about is being trashed by the implementation of each new patch so GF have to re do their work again after each patch to keep what theyve adding extra

In other words, they don’t want to go that extra mile to make extra content for the dying player base and retain what’s left because it’s extra work. Gotcha.
2»