An Idea for a new class

Comments

• kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    new class: trader. elin only ofc. passive ability - 15% discount on lootboxes in tera store
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    kubitoid wrote: »
    new class: trader. elin only ofc. passive ability - 15% discount on lootboxes in tera store

Sounds like a win, I'm making one.
    I mean, what else is TERA's end-game than Dress Up Simulator?
  • DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭✭
    We don't need another broken op new class.
    We need more content...
  • admonituadmonitu ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Instead coming up with new class ideas that keep making this game more unbalanced and broken, can you think of an idea to revive PvP?

Edit
    Here are some reasons why adding new classes is and was a horrible idea and eventually led to decrease in TERA population

1. Adding even one class usually requires careful consideration to make sure it will not severely imbalance the game but at the same time attract players to play it. BHS added a bunch within relatively short time period, possibly driven by quick cash grab. PvP balance was destroyed and coupled with lack of PvP content, it died quickly.

2. In a rush to release new classes, the dev did not have the time to fully develop the class and make it available to all races and genders, leading to gender locked and race locked classes that pissed off many people. In PvP server, NA players took their anger out on new players in leveling areas.

3. They spent too much time on the new classes and failed to address and add contents for other areas of the game, mainly PvP. For action game like TERA, PvP was always the main attraction and one that garnered more views on streaming.

They should not have added so many new classes at once. They should developed other areas of the game. Id say that 2 new classes shouldve been enough by now and possibly more PvP contents and better balance and even optimization for other regions. CC in mass PvP is not even funny with the new classes. Knockup in PVP as another form of CC was totally unnecessary with CC being already annoying enough before new classes arrived.

Please dont give them any new class ideas. It gives me shudder.
  • 66ECX7NAN766ECX7NAN7 ✭✭✭✭
    Make a Baraka-only class, and make it super op so everyone has to be a Baraka.
  • Tera needs a tank healer class, which do low damage but can stand a lot critical hits, while health party. That class will be a dream. Improve queque times x one million
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Tera needs a tank healer class, which do low damage but can stand a lot critical hits, while health party. That class will be a dream. Improve queque times x one million

This was actually one that I had personally requested semi-recently. ;)

I definitely like the sound of a class that is a hybrid of Tanking and Healing.

The class would probably have pretty low DPS output, but high amount of health, high defense modifier, high balance modifier, and high resistances.
    And there would be a constant flow of aggro through skills that damage outright or overtime, some of which provide health back to the character and their Party / Raid.
  • Gatokatzen wrote: »
    Tera needs a tank healer class, which do low damage but can stand a lot critical hits, while health party. That class will be a dream. Improve queque times x one million

The class would probably have pretty low DPS output, but high amount of health, high defense modifier, high balance modifier, and high resistances.
    And there would be a constant flow of aggro through skills that damage outright or overtime, some of which provide health back to the character and their Party / Raid.

a Paladin class? xD
  • place a debuff on target and then everyone who attacks it is healed for x ammount.
  • edited February 2018
    Nibellung wrote: »
    Gatokatzen wrote: »

a Paladin class? xD

Perhaps, but the feedback I had sent in had implied that the class would be more Vampiric in nature, which would mean that the class would not walk the same path as a Paladin. ;)
  • that sounds interesting. wonder if they would be shunned by society for using blood magic though from a lore standpoint.

• > @CobaltDragon said:
    > Gatokatzen wrote: »
    >
    > Tera needs a tank healer class, which do low damage but can stand a lot critical hits, while health party. That class will be a dream. Improve queque times x one million
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > This was actually one that I had personally requested semi-recently. ;)
    >
    > I definitely like the sound of a class that is a hybrid of Tanking and Healing.
    >
    > The class would probably have pretty low DPS output, but high amount of health, high defense modifier, high balance modifier, and high resistances.
    > And there would be a constant flow of aggro through skills that damage outright or overtime, some of which provide health back to the character and their Party / Raid.

The health configuration for a hybrid tank healer class, could be as mystic warding totem to health all the raid, and priest mana explosion who refill the mana, while be fighting ,but on this case ,that explosion will health the raid, a ring of ressurection, and cleanse similar to ring of healing , but on this case ; will resurrect all the party members inside a 40 meters range. Guess a non depend focus health system. Will help the hybrid role tank, mode, while keeping aggro. Healer Tank Can health ressurect and fight. Would be the perfect class
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    Gatokatzen wrote: »

This class wouldn't really be played unless it can do healer mechanics, like Dispels/Sleep/Secondary Aggro attacks, with Secondaries being extremely important for party safety. If it can't, then there's no reason to pick it over a Brawler who does much more damage or a Lancer/Warrior who actually provides DPS buffs to the party.