The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

`Valentine’s Day BAMassacre` clarifications please

At 5, 10, 15, and 30 kills, you’ll receive a Strongbox Key and one of five possible random rewards in your personal inventory (quantities vary by threshold):

Strong Bravery Potion
Feast
Rare Noctenium Elixir
Dyad Niveot Structure
Artisan Refining kits

And at the 50 kill threshold and higher (100, 200, 400, 500, and 1000 kills), we’re swapping out Artisan Refining Kits for a Frosty Mantle of Indifference, with an escalating chance to earn this cool cape at each higher threshold!
  1. 1. Do you only receive rewards at those indicated number of bam kills ? or is this additional rewards at those indicated number of kills ?
  2. 2. If it's a chance to receive the `Frostmantle of Indifference` at 100, 200, 400, 500, 1000 kills then how high is the chance that players actually get this ? doesn't this mean i can kill up to 1000 bams and still not receive a single cape ?
You can hunt alone, in a group, or even in a raid, but if multiple characters/groups take down a BAM, only the character/group dealing the most damage will be credited with a kill.
If i understand this correctly, only the character that deals the highest dps gets the kill credit ? or does everyone in the party/raid get a credit as well, and that the quote above just stated to say that multiple party/raids can try to kill but only one of those parties/raids will get credit, similar to Rally Quests ? if the prior, what is the point of stating that people can party/raid, and how will lancers and healers fare in this event ?
characters level 40-65 should kill BAMs of their level, or up to 5 levels higher.
I believe @CobaltDragon stated in another thread that having multiple channels on Island of Dawn (more than 10) is not possible due to event circumstances, that it will spread the `event bams` throughout all the channels making it hard to find them. does this mean that we can't kill any bam within out level range, and that it is specialized bams that spawn that we have to kill in order to receive credit ?

Thank you o/

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    At 5, 10, 15, and 30 kills, you’ll receive a Strongbox Key and one of five possible random rewards in your personal inventory (quantities vary by threshold):

Strong Bravery Potion
    Feast
    Rare Noctenium Elixir
    Dyad Niveot Structure
    Artisan Refining kits

And at the 50 kill threshold and higher (100, 200, 400, 500, and 1000 kills), we’re swapping out Artisan Refining Kits for a Frosty Mantle of Indifference, with an escalating chance to earn this cool cape at each higher threshold!
    1. 1. Do you only receive rewards at those indicated number of bam kills ? or is this additional rewards at those indicated number of kills ?
    2. 2. If it's a chance to receive the `Frostmantle of Indifference` at 100, 200, 400, 500, 1000 kills then how high is the chance that players actually get this ? doesn't this mean i can kill up to 1000 bams and still not receive a single cape ?
    You can hunt alone, in a group, or even in a raid, but if multiple characters/groups take down a BAM, only the character/group dealing the most damage will be credited with a kill.
    If i understand this correctly, only the character that deals the highest dps gets the kill credit ? or does everyone in the party/raid get a credit as well, and that the quote above just stated to say that multiple party/raids can try to kill but only one of those parties/raids will get credit, similar to Rally Quests ? if the prior, what is the point of stating that people can party/raid, and how will lancers and healers fare in this event ?
    characters level 40-65 should kill BAMs of their level, or up to 5 levels higher.
    I believe @CobaltDragon stated in another thread that having multiple channels on Island of Dawn (more than 10) is not possible due to event circumstances, that it will spread the `event bams` throughout all the channels making it hard to find them. does this mean that we can't kill any bam within out level range, and that it is specialized bams that spawn that we have to kill in order to receive credit ?

Thank you o/

Yeah, rewards need clarification.

1. It looks like there is a chance to get the mantle and not being garantued even killing thousands of bams.
    2. Here I think they meant the whole raid/party/player gets the kill but it would be nice if this will count as it actually works on vanguards or it will work as 1 for everyone.
  • Monster default loot tables have not changed. This is an event with its own UI and reward system.

Thresholds: 5, 15, 30, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, 1000. When you hit each threshold, the UI will offer your rewards.

Rewards: At each threshold you will receive a fixed reward and a random reward. The fixed reward for each threshold is a Strongbox Key. The random reward is rolled from the list provided.

Frosty Mantle of Indifference: I hope none of you experience this, but yes, RNG may not be on your side and you may not get the Frosty Mantle of Indifference even after clearing the 1000 threshold. You have a REALLY good chance at 1000 to get it though.

Kill credit is decided by the solo/party/raid that does the highest percentage of overall damage to the BAM. If you are partied with others then your damage is all counted together and all members get credit for kills.
    Examples:
    1. If you are in a raid of 9 people and some random solo player comes over and does more damage overall to the BAM you and your raid are fighting, then the system assigns credit to that solo player who just schooled your raid.
    2. In the same scenario, if your raid does more overall damage to the BAM than the solo player, as y'all should, then every member of the raid gets kill credit.

We have not increased channels on IoD. The system can dynamically increase channels if the channels get too full. We are not manually increasing channels so that every group gets their own personal space as we feel it is not in the spirit of an MMO. We will of course monitor the event for any improvements we can make the next time we run something similar.

Please note, there is a correction to the thresholds we previously listed: There is NO threshold for 10. There IS a threshold for 300. Check the thresholds listed above.
    @SingleBear

The explanation is most apreciated.

It is a shame frostly mantle of indiference may not reach one own's hands even at 1,000 mobs killed but it is somewhat reasuring that everyone in party/raid will get one count per mob killed.

I am not into a mood to farm like crazy for only this accesory but I will give it a try with one of my toons.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I am not into a mood to farm like crazy for only this accesory but I will give it a try with one of my toons.

It shows up in the rewards emporium at least once a week, if not more. With the amount of monthly $$$ you've said you drop on Tera in the past, I'm surprised you don't already have several.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

It shows up in the rewards emporium at least once a week, if not more. With the amount of monthly $$$ you've said you drop on Tera in the past, I'm surprised you don't already have several.

It is not something I would choose over other things.

And items on emporium are shown at random, so I would have the luck of never see it in almost 2 years. It is not like emporium shop is like those NPC's in game with all the stuff avaliable for you to only click on it and buy it whenever you want.
  • seraphinushseraphinush ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    @SingleBear Thank you for answering the questions above, it really helped clarify the event quite nicely. i just have 2 more, both are related -- one is technical and the other one is your opinion on the first question but might not even require an answer :
    1. Are the rewards character-based ? or account-based ?
    2. If the prior on the previous question (character-based), what incentive is there for players to hunt even more than 100 bams rather than switching to a different character ?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    The news post said that the rewards are character-based. (Edit: Also checked it now, and confirmed.) The incentive to hunt more than 100 BAMs on one character would presumably be the increasing chance to get the frosty mantle.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    no new items just old stuff anyways love the event time visit my abandoned level 65 alts.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Three chars till 100 included - braveries, feasts, one mantle. No single dyad.
    i wish i could give you my stuff to have one dyad..
  • Three chars till 100 included - braveries, feasts, one mantle. No single dyad.
    i wish i could give you my stuff to have one dyad..

You got a mantle at 100? Gratz
    Sorry about no dyad, we kept that item rare.