There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

No twitch stream or codes ?

I don't get how you guys can let the weekly tera twitch stream just fade away, spacecats worked hard on it and grew the number of viewers and ur just going to let that go by sometimes doing the stream/code and sometimes not ?
it's dissapointing

Comments

• They currently don't have a Tera CM to host said streams, same thing happened with the gaps between Tonka-Danicia and Danicia-Spacecats. Chill m8 they'll stream soontm
  • Elinu1Elinu1 Canada ✭✭✭✭
    I miss my reward credits.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭
    It's almost like Tera is such a torture for them, no one wants to do it unless they have to. Did you see the last stream they did? Did you notice the enthusiasm they had?
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 10
    Christin wrote: »
    It's almost like Tera is such a torture for them, no one wants to do it unless they have to. Did you see the last stream they did? Did you notice the enthusiasm they had?

They seemed pretty earnest about what they wanted to do (particularly Singlebear's explanations, as someone who has been at EME for a long time), but they were production team people. Their job is behind the scenes and in management, not to be on-camera personalities. Back in the day, Treeshark was no less awkward whenever he was on stream (and he had about the least "enthusiastic" personality you've ever met).

I think it's more important to have the open interaction with the production team rather than shutting them away from the community because they seem insufficiently enthusiastic.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭

They seemed pretty earnest about what they wanted to do (particularly Singlebear's explanations, as someone who has been at EME for a long time), but they were production team people. Their job is behind the scenes and in management, not to be on-camera personalities. Back in the day, Treeshark was no less awkward whenever he was on stream (and he had about the least "enthusiastic" personality you've ever met).

I think it's more important to have the open interaction with the production team rather than shutting them away from the community because they seem insufficiently enthusiastic.

I can't tell if you simply missed the point or are trying to change the topic completely?
    edited February 11

I can't tell if you simply missed the point or are trying to change the topic completely?

What is your point, then? You said that they didn't seem enthusiastic on the last stream, but it's production folk. They're not there to be enthusiastic on stream, but to deal with the day-to-day work of keeping the game running. That's also why they don't have the time to plan and do live streams every week; they already have enough work to do. Is there really any point in having Circuits do it when she admits she's only been focused on Closers and doesn't know TERA? Once they hire a new community team person and they settle into their role, I'm sure we'll have an enthusiastic face on stream again.

It's not really hard to understand what's going on in this case, so I think it makes more sense to focus the complaints on more constructive things.
  • Christin wrote: »

What is your point, then? You said that they didn't seem enthusiastic on the last stream, but it's production folk. They're not there to be enthusiastic on stream, but to deal with the day-to-day work of keeping the game running. That's also why they don't have the time to plan and do live streams every week; they already have enough work to do. Is there really any point in having Circuits do it when she admits she's only been focused on Closers and doesn't know TERA? Once they hire a new community team person and they settle into their role, I'm sure we'll have an enthusiastic face on stream again.

It's not really hard to understand what's going on in this case, so I think it makes more sense to focus the complaints on more constructive things.

They can still put up a code or something on the offline screen on twitch so people can check in. Or a brief pre-recorded video including a code. Keeps up some level of consistency. As you know the whole key methods in-game relying on reward shop issues, not to diverge too much, but the credits from the codes were noteworthy.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    JXE5356AKE wrote: »

They can still put up a code or something on the offline screen on twitch so people can check in. Or a brief pre-recorded video including a code. Keeps up some level of consistency. As you know the whole key methods in-game relying on reward shop issues, not to diverge too much, but the credits from the codes were noteworthy.

I think you missed the part where they said they weren't going to do those reward codes as often, and improve the rewards as such.

• really the only good reward from those codes were materials and credits. the 1-3 day mounts/costumes are clutter. did enjoy the 30 day TERA E-Line mount though. i enjoyed the information that is passed along in the streams more than the rewards. lot of people seem to expt the codes. like they said a gift should not be something expected as that ruins the purpose of a gift.
  • ChristinChristin ✭✭✭

There's a difference between people simply lacking enthusiasm normally versus someone acting like doing a specific task or working on a specific game is torture. You're just trying to make excuses, and it's not really working. Having an unenthusiastic personality doesn't even apply to this situation. When they weren't talking about working on Tera, they seemed happy and upbeat. I mean please.

You were trying to derail the topic and make my post be against "production team people", which wasn't fair. There was obvious disdain, which goes along with the comment that we get too much for free already. Don't try to turn me into some bigot against production team people just because I had the nerve to state the obvious.

Yes, we get a lot of free stuff, but as already stated, it's mostly junk that gets tossed or clutters up our item claim. Temp prizes aren't really much and go more for advertising the temp item than they do towards really benefiting players. However, I don't have much hope for better prizes either. I actually have a feeling we're in for consumables and untradables with a low, low chance of winning maybe a frosty mantle.

I don't care who does the streams. Here's hoping they can find at least one person in their office or hire someone that actually plays Tera. Apparently, that is a tough prerequisite to fill.
    edited February 13

There's a difference between people simply lacking enthusiasm normally versus someone acting like doing a specific task or working on a specific game is torture. You're just trying to make excuses, and it's not really working. Having an unenthusiastic personality doesn't even apply to this situation. When they weren't talking about working on Tera, they seemed happy and upbeat. I mean please.

You were trying to derail the topic and make my post be against "production team people", which wasn't fair. There was obvious disdain, which goes along with the comment that we get too much for free already. Don't try to turn me into some bigot against production team people just because I had the nerve to state the obvious.

I think you perceived my post as more antagonistic towards you than I intended, and I'm sorry for that.

I was not trying to derail the topic -- it seemed to me that you were complaining about the tone of the people on the stream, and I was pointing out that they were production people so I wasn't expecting the typical on-stream enthusiasm you'd get from community team folk. I took their "tone" to be a recognition of the fact that the game has a lot of problems and they know fully well that people are unhappy with the game and with them. I think it's important that they keep showing up on the stream even if they don't "come across" that well.

I don't agree with all they said, and the way explained things could be a lot improved. Some of the points they said definitely demonstrated their lack of historical awareness that led to things getting to this point. But it's a start. If we're going to have any sort of constructive working relationship, I think we have to set the contempt and disdain aside and just try to work towards solutions to the many problems at hand. This is why I don't see any value in further poisoning the well with accusations of "obvious disdain." I don't think that's actually the case, but even if it were, it won't get us anywhere. I think we should just tackle the objective points we disagree with head-on and try to make a good argument that they can agree with and support.
  • I currently have 3 level 65s - and working on my 4th (nothing compared to some of you, but I'm no slouch). So not sure where you get information that we don't play the game. I play every chance I get, so say hi to Dark.Gunny on CH if you get a chance.

Also, the streams aren't going away; as has been pointed out, we are currently looking for a CM to backfill the void left by Spacecats. Until then, Singlebear and I will do them when we can, but our time is filled working on getting v66, v67, v68, Fashion Coupon store updates (NOT GOING AWAY BTW), In game Events, BG calendar, item releases, product sales, dungeon highlights, Steam products, new starter packs, elite status updates, and about a million other things done. So please, believe me when I say we are not idly sitting around. We put in long hours and long weeks, but we are a small team and even one vacancy leaves a gap. Soon it will be filled and it will be back to normal and we'll all rejoice. Til then, patience, my young padawans.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I currently have 3 level 65s - and working on my 4th (nothing compared to some of you, but I'm no slouch). So not sure where you get information that we don't play the game. I play every chance I get, so say hi to Dark.Gunny on CH if you get a chance.

Also, the streams aren't going away; as has been pointed out, we are currently looking for a CM to backfill the void left by Spacecats. Until then, Singlebear and I will do them when we can, but our time is filled working on getting v66, v67, v68, Fashion Coupon store updates (NOT GOING AWAY BTW), In game Events, BG calendar, item releases, product sales, dungeon highlights, Steam products, new starter packs, elite status updates, and about a million other things done. So please, believe me when I say we are not idly sitting around. We put in long hours and long weeks, but we are a small team and even one vacancy leaves a gap. Soon it will be filled and it will be back to normal and we'll all rejoice. Til then, patience, my young padawans.

For some players you don't play the game if you don't keep clearing the only 5 star HM dungeon in the game everyday and do HH every week.

If you understand how ridiculous is that statement from those people you would be better ignoring them.
  • XristosxXristosx ✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    I currently have 3 level 65s - and working on my 4th (nothing compared to some of you, but I'm no slouch). So not sure where you get information that we don't play the game. I play every chance I get, so say hi to Dark.Gunny on CH if you get a chance.
    The information isn't straight from actual facts, its general assumptions on how we see EME act in a lot of different situations such as completely forgetting to update loot tables to even the regular standard(what was up with the 4500 metamorphics which each other region had straight away) which is the only end game example i'm giving so it isnt just "hardcore" players, Basic things like seeing CM's on a stream run a basic low level dungeon and wear the incorrect crystals, or you know suggesting in that twitch video with the new gear revamp "hey i like my gunner to be more tanky so i'm gonna put aggro reduction damage rolls on the chest" and while this one sounds nit picky it is literally the most basic thing you should learn at max level.
    Claiming on stream were looking forward to the new GM tools we recieved in this upcoming update, when you guys were talking about the guardian legion content actually without knowing like isn't it your guys job to actually know the ins and outs of your product? We ask that you make better events for the lack of content and the response? You take away our double vanguards and then put short events that bring the standard back only for a short while, sooooo the only way you could make your events slightly better was by making the overall experience worse?
    It's all about perceptions and what we see, back in the day you saw both Tonka and Minea actually running dungeons and actually playing the game, you wonder why people liked them, because they gave the feel that they cared about the game and had some kind of joy for it. What do we see of you guys? We see a player council that the majority of them dont play anymore( The majority not some of them, i know you play lucky etc.), we see EME staff that all they do on stream is shill for new costumes and do some silly bam spawn on stream sometimes, Your only attempt recently after to show you guys play the game is have a person(who isn't on the main part of the tera staff afaik) level up a character for level 11 after a hour stream, If you do have these characters that are at max level like you say you do why not show your experience on stream and actually show us your playing. Maybe even interact with your playerbase directly. Because i feel like a lot of us(which i could be the minority) feel like your a cold heartless machine that doesn't care about the game and is only doing the bare minimum for a profit and trying to milk all you can out of the game especially since you've branched out to newer games and barely increased the staff, you make it sound like there's literally only 5 people running Tera.

TL:DR Perception is important. Actions speak louder then words.
    For one last thing, seeing "your feedback has been passed on" feels so disingenious after its been repeated so many times in the past and nothing gets done a lot of "feedback" has been ignored for years.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    For some players you don't play the game if you don't keep clearing the only 5 star HM dungeon in the game everyday and do HH every week.

If you understand how ridiculous is that statement from those people you would be better ignoring them.

No its because of the above reasons i just listed, the problem is no one even see's them clearing base level 65 dungeons like RG, KC, SF which are the most basic of basic dungeons at max level. I mean spacecats did do battlegrounds sometimes even though he had a massive lack of understanding of the game, it did make him seem more relatable still. So no its not exactly being the most hard core player ever, it's more showing that they care about the game they run and not doing the bare minimum to get by.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xristosx wrote: »
    The information isn't straight from actual facts, its general assumptions on how we see EME act in a lot of different situations such as completely forgetting to update loot tables to even the regular standard(what was up with the 4500 metamorphics which each other region had straight away) which is the only end game example i'm giving so it isnt just "hardcore" players, Basic things like seeing CM's on a stream run a basic low level dungeon and wear the incorrect crystals, or you know suggesting in that twitch video with the new gear revamp "hey i like my gunner to be more tanky so i'm gonna put aggro reduction damage rolls on the chest" and while this one sounds nit picky it is literally the most basic thing you should learn at max level.
    Claiming on stream were looking forward to the new GM tools we recieved in this upcoming update, when you guys were talking about the guardian legion content actually without knowing like isn't it your guys job to actually know the ins and outs of your product? We ask that you make better events for the lack of content and the response? You take away our double vanguards and then put short events that bring the standard back only for a short while, sooooo the only way you could make your events slightly better was by making the overall experience worse?
    It's all about perceptions and what we see, back in the day you saw both Tonka and Minea actually running dungeons and actually playing the game, you wonder why people liked them, because they gave the feel that they cared about the game and had some kind of joy for it. What do we see of you guys? We see a player council that the majority of them dont play anymore( The majority not some of them, i know you play lucky etc.), we see EME staff that all they do on stream is shill for new costumes and do some silly bam spawn on stream sometimes, Your only attempt recently after to show you guys play the game is have a person(who isn't on the main part of the tera staff afaik) level up a character for level 11 after a hour stream, If you do have these characters that are at max level like you say you do why not show your experience on stream and actually show us your playing. Maybe even interact with your playerbase directly. Because i feel like a lot of us(which i could be the minority) feel like your a cold heartless machine that doesn't care about the game and is only doing the bare minimum for a profit and trying to milk all you can out of the game especially since you've branched out to newer games and barely increased the staff, you make it sound like there's literally only 5 people running Tera.

TL:DR Perception is important. Actions speak louder then words.
    For one last thing, seeing "your feedback has been passed on" feels so disingenious after its been repeated so many times in the past and nothing gets done a lot of "feedback" has been ignored for years.
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

No its because of the above reasons i just listed, the problem is no one even see's them clearing base level 65 dungeons like RG, KC, SF which are the most basic of basic dungeons at max level. I mean spacecats did do battlegrounds sometimes even though he had a massive lack of understanding of the game, it did make him seem more relatable still. So no its not exactly being the most hard core player ever, it's more showing that they care about the game they run and not doing the bare minimum to get by.

It's funny how you bring Tonka into this thread when he was as much hated than respected, he was no better than most of the eme staff and if anything I won't show respect at someone who keep players who loved harrasing others, griefing others for their own amusement and exploiting the game only because they were friends with him.

There is no point in complaining about the removal from vanguard rewards and the new events, people always complained in the past becuase they never liked the rewards being op or good anyway.

If you need a permanent event going on to enjoy the game then I don't think you really enjoy the game but a ephemeral aspect from it that has nothing to do with challenge, gameplay or lore.

I think those who complains everyday/week for the lack of events really needs to think the real reason why they are even playing becuase it really seems they don't enjoy the game and are only doing it becuase it became a habit that would be more like a vice than anything else.