The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Valentine event bam massacre's kill count starts at 0 for each new tier.

Title. Consequently, it's going to take more than 1000 bam kills to get the 1000 bam tier.

For example, your UI currently shows the 100, 200, 300, 400. When you finish the 100 tier reward, then the 500 tier reward starts but it starts at 0 for the kill count again. This means you'd have to kill more to start at the next tier.

Comments

• Also further, the UI says "Defeat xMedium monsters that are 5 level(s) higher than you."
    >Not medium monsters, and 5 levels higher thing is untrue.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    5 lvls higher?? Which is that? o-o
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

I would bet it only applies to leveling players, after all there's no Lv 70+ BAMs anywhere as far as I know
  • unknown.png

Wew yea, the kill count certainly is something.
  • metagamemetagame ✭✭✭✭
    event page doesnt say its only 1k
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

I would bet it only applies to leveling players, after all there's no Lv 70+ BAMs anywhere as far as I know

The level thing is approximately +/- 3 levels of what level you are.
  • Sorry about the localization issue. New text for event UI is implemented as of maintenance this morning.
    The bit about "no more than 5 levels higher than you" is actually +/- 5 levels. Again, my bad, it should have been better localized.
  • DocWinterDocWinter ✭✭
    edited February 13
    Quick comment on the zero restart thing--in my case it reset when I claimed the rewards. I killed 50 BAMs, Saw the first 5 quests were done, was curious about how RNGesus would treat me so I claimed the rewards. RN still hates me, but claiming the rewards seemed to reset the kill count to zero. @SingleBear --can you confirm if this is in fact what happened, if it is what was intended to happen, or if I just missed that footnote on the announcement?

Edit: On the level thing, even Level 65's need the +/- 5 range, since most of the IOD BAMs are over 65 in level. If only 65 worked for us, those BAMs would not.
  • TJKatTJKat ✭✭✭
    From what I've seen, you only have 4 quests up at a time and each of those 4 quests gets credited for every kill. When you claim a quest, it adds a new one to the bottom of the list and the newly added quest starts at 0. So you want to claim quests as soon as they complete so the newer, bigger quests start counting kills as soon as possible. That sound about right?
  • TJKat wrote: »
    From what I've seen, you only have 4 quests up at a time and each of those 4 quests gets credited for every kill. When you claim a quest, it adds a new one to the bottom of the list and the newly added quest starts at 0. So you want to claim quests as soon as they complete so the newer, bigger quests start counting kills as soon as possible. That sound about right?

Yes, that has been my experience..
  • Well, that would not conflict with what I saw, but it is, in nutshell, patently obnoxious. Especially since they did not tell us that was how it was gonna work. That would mean that, if you follow that scheme and claim a reward as soon as it is available, the various "kill thresholds" would be 5, 15, 30, 50, 105, 215, 330, 450, 605, and 1215 (instead of 5, 15, 30, 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500, and 1000)--HOORAH for EME Events!