The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Please fix the servers. They are lagging really badly!

Ever since and hour before maintenance the servers have been really unstable. The ping is double and sometimes triple. It's legit unplayable.

I expect a high priority for something this bad. tbh

Comments

• Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    It's due to the event. EU turned off their event because of 'low performance issues'.
  • Naru2008 wrote: »
    It's due to the event. EU turned off their event because of 'low performance issues'.

Perhaps EME should do the same. This unstable ping is horrible. The only event that seems worth participating in is the double gear XP.
  • We are actively tracking the performance of the event. Please continue to share your individual reports of performance issues with details: what server are you on, which hunting zone you are in, and the time of day.

The data we collect will be sent back to our Developer so that we can make the performance of the event better.

• Sitting idle in Habere, my ping is 2-3x higher on average, spiking to 5-6x what my normal ping is. This has become almost unplayable. Let us know when you guys follow GF and disable the event so I can play Tera again. :)
  • it doesnt matter what zone you're in @SingleBear even in dungeons I have at least 5x my usual ping. Just do what EU did and disable it so we can at least run dungeons.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭
    SingleBear wrote: »
    We are actively tracking the performance of the event. Please continue to share your individual reports of performance issues with details: what server are you on, which hunting zone you are in, and the time of day.

The data we collect will be sent back to our Developer so that we can make the performance of the event better.

as said above it has nothing to do with where you are, even in ghilli you get continuous spikes of 2-5 X your regular latency.
  • While typing a messaging to my guildies sometimes there will be a freeze for about 0.5/1 sec before it sends the actual message.
    I just ran the KC dungeon for a guild quest and the same small freezes are present in there, it will do it while in combat.

Ping keeps jumping randomly from 50ms to 106ms
    while that isn't much, it feels like it's way more than 106ms. My whole game is freezing that is not 106ms. I've dealt with high ping
    and this is a different issue. 106ms tbh isn't that high.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    Pretty sure it's not rocket science as to what the cause is. (No offense meant EME.) But an event to track every single bam at all the provinces and areas at all times, and tracking hundreds of player's progress, probably is something the build can't handle, and wasn't optimized by BHS at all. If BHS would just go and optimize the game, this event would probably not be too bad, but considering EU had problems, I'm assuming KTera, JTera, all other regions have also had this issue with this event.

Good idea, good execution publisher-wise, but developer-wise, terrible execution. Turn off the event, let everyone play the game, and then let's revisit this event once BHS figures out how to optimize it.
  • edited February 13
    Naru2008 wrote: »
    Pretty sure it's not rocket science as to what the cause is. (No offense meant EME.)

None taken. And you're right, it's not rocket science...it's computer science. (I got jokes.)

What we are trying to establish is exactly how this impacts our servers. Knowing that it is crushing the CPUs on our arbiter servers and not a packet issue is important. The more info we can pull and send to Bluehole the better our chance of getting the event optimized so that we can bring it back better.
  • Naru2008Naru2008 ✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Mockery, it's clearly an ISP issue.

05d.jpg

Margarethe, always the kidder. :)
    Pretty sure it's not rocket science as to what the cause is. (No offense meant EME.)

None taken. And you're right, it's not rocket science...it's computer science. (I got jokes.)

What we are trying to establish is exactly how this impacts our servers. Knowing that it is crushing the CPUs on our arbiter servers and not a packet issue is important. The more info we can pull and send to Bluehole the better our chance of getting the event optimized so that we can bring it back better.

I like your style. You should post more often with your jokes. :+1:
  • EvasiveFoxEvasiveFox ✭✭
    edited February 13

[Removing Due To Forum Violation - Call-Outs ]
    ["Calling out" En Masse Entertainment staff in a post.]
  • Well here's my report: Turn this off and give us something else that doesnt hinder the servers.
  • EvasiveFoxEvasiveFox ✭✭
    edited February 13
    I didn't call out anyone, merely giving my opinion.
  • FIX THE SERVER! RIP PING AFTER THE MAINTENANCE!!!!
  • At work, I logged in 30 min before maintenance and ping went from usual 150, to 250, where it actually screwed Aranea run, so I just logged out.
    Now at home it went from usual 130 to 200 then 250, now at 300, doesn't matter where I am, I was in Aranea, at Simon says and lastly did VG gathering.
    Now I have enough, as I got spikes to 500.
    All that on CH.