There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Thursday (2/22) from 8-11 a.m. PST

Please fix the servers. They are lagging really badly!

Comments

• @CobaltDragon
    How long do you think that you need to keep this event running in order to gather the data you need? All the 3 days?

Please, turn it off as soon as you realize the data is enough, for the sake of your playerbase.
  • sanj66 wrote: »
    but what are you all doing for us that can login, aka almost everyone and is experiencing 3-5X the latency we had before and is rendering dungeons even ghillieglade almost unplayable? whats the point of even running say rkem to get screwed over by the lag with this event, it was turned off in other regions because of this issue and you all persist on keeping it...

We have our Networking Team reviewing everything possible, and we are gathering real time data that can be directly looked into by TERA's Developer, in the hopes that an Event like this can be fully reviewed and actually optimized for later Events of this same nature.

Shutting off the Event without gathering the data wouldn't lead to any future optimizations of the Event.

Okay but can we get an estimate of how many more hours you want of data? People did plan to play the game today. Can't pvp, can't pve other than killing bams which isn't exactly exciting.
  • sanj66sanj66 ✭✭✭
    sanj66 wrote: »
    but what are you all doing for us that can login, aka almost everyone and is experiencing 3-5X the latency we had before and is rendering dungeons even ghillieglade almost unplayable? whats the point of even running say rkem to get screwed over by the lag with this event, it was turned off in other regions because of this issue and you all persist on keeping it...

We have our Networking Team reviewing everything possible, and we are gathering real time data that can be directly looked into by TERA's Developer, in the hopes that an Event like this can be fully reviewed and actually optimized for later Events of this same nature.

Shutting off the Event without gathering the data wouldn't lead to any future optimizations of the Event.

yes but making players suffer either ridiculously high ping as a by product or just deciding not to bother to play, like myself and other guildies, i hope keeping this event is worth it to you all.........
  • Or how about giving feedback to Bluehole telling them to get credit by doing actual PvE and PvP content? Dungeon counter and battleground counter. Further explanation is that harder dungeon clear has better reward while low tier dungeon has okay rewards.

One shotting weak bams is just boring. It only promotes afkers and classes that can cheese the initial hit. Damage contribution means nothing when the bams are paper.
  • I already filled out a ticket for it but I lost my last vanguard daily in the lag haha. Now THAT is lag :D
  • I logged in this morning before I had to go to work (7:30am-8:30am est) to the TR server and ran the high lvl IoD bams (Giants, Hydra's and Battle Masters) on 3 characters (all Archers) with no issues at all. My ping was 60-70ms which is what it usually is.

I get home from work and log-in (3:30 pm est) to the TR server and my ping is 100-300ms afk in Highwatch. I ran Ghillie twice and using Rapidfire was not rapid.

5 19ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% be-33489-cr02.miami.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.95.45]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    6 19ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% be-12274-pe01.nota.fl.ibone.comcast.net [68.86.82.154]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    7 19ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae9.mpr1.mia2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.14.165]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    8 41ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae1.mpr2.mia2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.28.6]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    9 46ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae12.cr2.iah1.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.21.105]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    10 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% ae27.cs2.iah1.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.30.240]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    11 --- 100/ 100 =100% 100/ 100 =100% ae4.cs2.ord2.us.eth.zayo.com [64.125.28.74]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    12 53ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae27.cr2.ord2.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.30.245]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    13 59ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae0.mpr2.ord6.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.22.129]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    14 52ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% ae3.mpr1.ord5.us.zip.zayo.com [64.125.28.206]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    15 57ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 64.125.186.90.t00764-02.above.net [64.125.186.90]
    0/ 100 = 0% |
    16 66ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% 208.67.49.180
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭
    edited February 13
    Not going to beat around the bush here. It's not even 2pm PST, 5pm EST. You still have 3 hours at the earliest to peak.

It's pretty obvious that if you continue like this, the event is going to cause the amount of lag that we experienced on the release day of the Valkyrie class. And yes, I can already see plenty of Valks where Runeburst is only firing 4 of the hits maximum, only because this is an open world event, it affects Open World AND dungeons.

There's a reason why Gameforge killed this event pretty quickly and replaced it with their more usual Dungeon Type event (which works on the same Elin Interface icon).
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    Not going to beat around the bush here. It's not even 2pm PST, 5pm EST. You still have 3 hours at the earliest to peak.

It's pretty obvious that if you continue like this, the event is going to cause the amount of lag that we experienced on the release day of the Valkyrie class. And yes, I can already see plenty of Valks where Runeburst is only firing 4 of the hits maximum, only because this is an open world event, it affects Open World AND dungeons.

There's a reason why Gameforge killed this event pretty quickly and replaced it with their more usual Dungeon Type event (which works on the same Elin Interface icon).

As a heads up
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    well gameforge must have garther data quicker than eme since they always release new patches before NA they partying in the office look at them let them lag ahahahahahah.
  • SatevaSateva ✭✭
    edited February 13
    I am usually 30-40 ping. Since just before maint I've been at 150-300+.

The event is great and all, but, I'd like to actually be able to play the game. .-.

Getting rid of all but one teir of the event kind of renders farming it pointless, at least make it lower than 500 if you're going to make us break out our ungeared alts to farm this...
  • edited February 13
    Cobalt, since you are effectively remove the majority of the event and will potentially remove even the 500 mob one if performance does not improve, are there plans for any alternative event as compensation?
  • Cobalt, since you are effectively remove the majority of the event and will potentially remove even the 500 mob one if performance does not improve, are there plans for any alternative event as compensation?

Still TBD at the moment, but I think the Team is leaning towards a Vanguard Item and Rep Event to fill the void, if things do not improve.
  • Only the 500 threshold is available on all servers. Please continue to inform us of any performance issues you experience during this reduced version of the event. We will also be monitoring the server logs. If we continue to see performance issues we will completely disable the event.

It is unfortunate the Valentine's BAMassacre event caused these issues. We felt this would be a really cool event. Hopefully we can bring it back some time in the future once Bluehole has reworked it.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SingleBear wrote: »
    Only the 500 threshold is available on all servers. Please continue to inform us of any performance issues you experience during this reduced version of the event. We will also be monitoring the server logs. If we continue to see performance issues we will completely disable the event.

It is unfortunate the Valentine's BAMassacre event caused these issues. We felt this would be a really cool event. Hopefully we can bring it back some time in the future once Bluehole has reworked it.

It was good, I was able to get all rewards at least on one toon.

Sadly the event hurt the most those who were runnning Dungeons and Battlegrounds and that is something an open world event shouldn't do.

Why not add these tables of rewards of the events as jack pots on dungeons and battlegrounds as a compensation?
  • I feel the main problem was the event was too successful/popular, if less were doing it at the same time it may have not been as bad.