[PC] Maintenance is completed!

Event Target of 500 too high

24

Comments

  • So once again an event is ruined and rendered near pointless for no good reason. I mean, you couldn't even keep the 100/200/300/400 reward tiers? Did Bluehole send you a memo that this was too rewarding, like your original plans for the dragon mounts?
    TERA's newest Producer @seandynamite was able to finish 500 in under an hour, so it seems like a reasonable amount for those who still want to finish their current progress.

    What class, what level/gear, what BAMs, and were they solo/in a group?
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    Sateva wrote: »
    Please tell us how to do so.

    Raids farming sickly IoD bams...Sickly bams die stupidly fast and Raid gives credit for everyone

    That's still flimsy, as I don't think everyone was doing that prior. At least I wasn't. And if that's why they removed the lower tiers, that means they punished those who didn't raid for the actions of those who did, while making it so the only reasonable way to get it done is to raid...thus accomplishing nothing aside from killing their "event."

    I thought it was cool that I could do my IoD dailies and work towards this at the same time, but seems that was too fun/convenient.
  • too many rewards? Eme has done events where they gave out rng boxes for items worth 150k.... like the Pink pinion/purple pennons.... those items are stil pretty worthless because of the event where the rng boxes for them rained from the sky like my tears when i enchant Stormcry.
    Me tinx it is more server stability related... as CoboltDragon stated in his post about them monitoring server stability and possibly removing the event altogether if the servers are still unstable.
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    TBags wrote: »
    Create event.... check
    Population on Servers boom because event is being done.... check
    Server lags due to population boom..... errr.. check?
    Fix lag issue by making the event pointless..... check

    Spend 1 hr killing 500 bams for a strongbox key.... or do 1 random lvl 65 vanguard and get 600g+ and buy a strongbox key from the broker....

    Yeah I agree..
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    canikizu wrote: »
    The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
    Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

    That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it

    They changed it to kill the event and it was successful..
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    TBags wrote: »
    too many rewards? Eme has done events where they gave out rng boxes for items worth 150k.... like the Pink pinion/purple pennons.... those items are stil pretty worthless because of the event where the rng boxes for them rained from the sky like my tears when i enchant Stormcry.
    Me tinx it is more server stability related... as CoboltDragon stated in his post about them monitoring server stability and possibly removing the event altogether if the servers are still unstable.

    Yeah but how would that make any sense by removing the rewards below 500? You still have to farm to get 500 do you NOT? So if they want you to get to 500 for ONE reward why would they remove the ones below that? Your still going to be farming to that 500. It would have made better sense to keep all the lower rewards up to 200 and have people get the rewards fast and be done with the event. This is why I strongly believe this has nothing to do with reducing lag but because they realized that the rewards were to great especially if people were doing the event on multiple characters.
  • If you are looking for a vote on keeping the event or dropping it altogether, I vote to flush it. This event was a cluster from the git go.
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    canikizu wrote: »
    The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
    Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

    That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it

    It makes no sense at all to change any kill amount or even remove the kill amounts below 500 since everyone has to get to 500 anyway for this one reward. SO how would that reduce the lag on the server by removing the amounts below but keeping a higher number? People essentially would still be farming regardless!! LOL Now, If the purpose of this change was to kill this event they were successful in doing so.. now that its a waste of time and all.
    If i have to guess, I think it's the way of BHS designed the interface and database query.

    Do you notice that you can only see 4 quests at one time (5/10/30/50)? and when you claim the 5bam quests, the 100 quest will appear with the kill count as 0/100. I think it is because that quest was just autogenerated from server at the spot. So basically server had to process more queries than usual in a short amount of time to generate new quests. Think of it like the lag we usually ahve when daily elite reset, but a smaller scale, but last forever since people keep claiming and generating new quests.
  • lag is fixed now guys, since no one is doing the event :lol:
  • ChidoChido ✭✭✭
    nice key i got, thanks for amazing event hope to you guys do more events like this in the near future!
  • 500 an hour with your super admin gear with +15 stormcry perfect rolls perfect crystals and all the consumables you can get am i rite?
  • JerichowJerichow ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    @CobaltDragon - This is going to sound harsh, and it's basically because it is, but it's things like this thread and all that it entails that reinforce the belief that removing my Elite status and not giving any more money to this game was the right decision to make as a player - I want my time respected and things like this laugh at me as they slap my time in the face.

    I love Tera but at this point I want nothing more to do with the game anymore because of events like this. I understand a good portion of the things that could fix this game are out of your control but when handed the reigns to something you CAN control, we get things like this event - and from this evidence I feel I can come to a sound conclusion that Tera is as another user put it - a seasonal game to be played a couple months out of the year.

    I hate to come off as so rude and unappreciative of the work you guys put into this game at EME, because I'm sure you guys did actually clock in more than a few hours to make things work.... But the problem lies a little bit deeper.

    EME has had how many years now to practice and experiment with getting events right, and what can be seen from all of that time? This honest-to-god comes off to me as a carbon-copy, spitting-image of how Bungie is handling Destiny 2.

    3+ years of experience only to faceplant again, and again, and again, and again. It genuinely baffles me how a company can be with a project or game for so many years and yet still manage to drop the ball so hard, even after so long.

    I'm sorry but events like this just reinforce and cement in my mind that leaving this game to its devices was the best thing I ever did as a gamer and consumer.
  • ToxicDemiseToxicDemise ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    canikizu wrote: »
    canikizu wrote: »
    The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
    Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

    That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it

    It makes no sense at all to change any kill amount or even remove the kill amounts below 500 since everyone has to get to 500 anyway for this one reward. SO how would that reduce the lag on the server by removing the amounts below but keeping a higher number? People essentially would still be farming regardless!! LOL Now, If the purpose of this change was to kill this event they were successful in doing so.. now that its a waste of time and all.
    If i have to guess, I think it's the way of BHS designed the interface and database query.

    Do you notice that you can only see 4 quests at one time (5/10/30/50)? and when you claim the 5bam quests, the 100 quest will appear with the kill count as 0/100. I think it is because that quest was just autogenerated from server at the spot. So basically server had to process more queries than usual in a short amount of time to generate new quests. Think of it like the lag we usually ahve when daily elite reset, but a smaller scale, but last forever since people keep claiming and generating new quests.

    Yeah I guess if you put it that way.. but how much lag would querying additional pop up quests after completing one be? Also why would they keep the 500 amount instead of a lower amount below and up to 100/200? I still think the intention was to slow down rewards and to deter people from running the event on their alt characters.
  • think i will hold off on spending money for a bit if this is how they do events :c
  • canikizu wrote: »
    canikizu wrote: »
    The reason they changed it has nothing to do with server lag. It has to do with the fact that they think in their minds giving us the amount below 500 is too many rewards especially when we are doing the event on multiple characters. The fact that this wasn't even considered before they released the event is BEYOND ME.. Not to mention. i am getting real sick and tired of events giving out minuscule rewards as it is.. like how is this event going to give a huge advantage to anyone even if they did it on multiple characters?!?!?! You can only get 8 rewards or so on each character? LOL.. So instead lets reduce it to ONE.. Smart idea... NOT.. 20 minutes ago there was a hundreds of players standing around where I am at.. and now I see a handful. Enmasse you officially killed this event, and once again thanks for changing an event half way through. You guys do this all the time and it appeases the players who got to start early while screwing others that started later. 500 per character for a strongbox key and a potential additional reward which isn't that great is a WASTE OF TIME!
    Actually it does affect the server. EU Tera has the same event right now and they also had to turn it off.

    That being said, 500 bams for 2 keys and a random reward is not worth it

    It makes no sense at all to change any kill amount or even remove the kill amounts below 500 since everyone has to get to 500 anyway for this one reward. SO how would that reduce the lag on the server by removing the amounts below but keeping a higher number? People essentially would still be farming regardless!! LOL Now, If the purpose of this change was to kill this event they were successful in doing so.. now that its a waste of time and all.
    If i have to guess, I think it's the way of BHS designed the interface and database query.

    Do you notice that you can only see 4 quests at one time (5/10/30/50)? and when you claim the 5bam quests, the 100 quest will appear with the kill count as 0/100. I think it is because that quest was just autogenerated from server at the spot. So basically server had to process more queries than usual in a short amount of time to generate new quests. Think of it like the lag we usually ahve when daily elite reset, but a smaller scale, but last forever since people keep claiming and generating new quests.

    Yeah I guess if you put it that way.. but how much lag would querying additional pop up quests after completing one be? Also why would they keep the 500 amount instead of a lower amount such as 100? I still think the intention was to slow down rewards and to deter people from running the event on their alt characters.
    Because 100 is too small of a number, and people can reach it super fast ( can do 12 alts a day, and afk the next 2 days). Also you might still see the server lag with 100 since it's relatively fast, it might not as serious for open world, but people in dungeons will still hate it so much. So either they went 100, still feel lag, and increase to 200, and still lag, and increase to 300 etc, they went straight to safe number of 500. 500 is a very conservative number.

    Don't get me wrong, I dont like it either and i hope they change reward, cuz I'm not doing it.
  • Jerichow wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon - This is going to sound harsh, and it's basically because it is, but it's things like this thread and all that it entails that reinforce the belief that removing my Elite status and not giving any more money to this game was the right decision to make as a player - I want my time respected and things like this laugh at me as they slap my time in the face.

    I love Tera but at this point I want nothing more to do with the game anymore because of events like this. I understand a good portion of the things that could fix this game are out of your control but when handed the reigns to something you CAN control, we get things like this event - and from this evidence I feel I can come to a sound conclusion that Tera is as another user put it - a seasonal game to be played a couple months out of the year.

    I hate to come off as so rude and unappreciative of the work you guys put into this game at EME, because I'm sure you guys did actually clock in more than a few hours to make things work.... But the problem lies a little bit deeper.

    EME has had how many years now to practice and experiment with getting events right, and what can be seen from all of that time? This honest-to-god comes off to me as a carbon-copy, spitting-image of how Bungie is handling Destiny 2.

    3+ years of experience only to faceplant again, and again, and again, and again. It genuinely baffles me how a company can be with a project or game for so many years and yet still manage to drop the ball so hard, even after so long.

    I'm sorry but events like this just reinforce and cement in my mind that leaving this game to its devices was the best thing I ever did as a gamer and consumer.

    I agree whole heartily.. and I've been playing this game since beta. Every event in the last several months hell for a long time actually have been awfully unrewarding or super great to start off but was changed half way through because Enmasse realized it was to "rewarding". My best advice to anyone is that if you want to take advantage of these events you should show up the minute they start, because if it ends up being more rewarding than Enmasse realizes it will be removed/changed within the day.
Sign In or Register to comment.