The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

Please fix the servers. They are lagging really badly!

124»

Comments

• CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I smell that multi accounts using multi clients were abusing the event and that make the lag fest wee had.

If that was true, EU would not have had the same problem, diagnosed hours before.

Secondly, if that were the case, then there is an easy solution:

- Ban multi client/more than 1 account (not optimal from their perspective)
    - Have a better network architecture set up so that you can handle a larger volume during a 36-72 hour event, that has been advertised for months

• ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I feel the main problem was the event was too successful/popular, if less were doing it at the same time it may have not been as bad.

I smell that multi accounts using multi clients were abusing the event and that make the lag fest wee had.

Bots or no bots, there was a noticeable increase in poor performance from the servers once it was announced that the number of event tiers was going to be reduced.
  • its probably sloppy code for the event reward UI collection. Tera has so many redundant packet transfers you wouldnt believe. So if a lot of ppl are interacting with that badly coded reward UI with high frequency (since kill counts for early rewards are low), It makes sense that the server feels like its going through a DDOS attack
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    SingleBear wrote: »
    Only the 500 threshold is available on all servers. Please continue to inform us of any performance issues you experience during this reduced version of the event. We will also be monitoring the server logs. If we continue to see performance issues we will completely disable the event.

It is unfortunate the Valentine's BAMassacre event caused these issues. We felt this would be a really cool event. Hopefully we can bring it back some time in the future once Bluehole has reworked it.

I had a great time! I was lucky enough to get home at lunch and play for an hour. Small raid, and we hadn't figured out you could kill 5 levels above OR below your level, but I was lucky enough to get 170.

I wish I was optimistic that BHS can successfully fix this--but the quizdome is still not working what, 9 months later?
  • After reducing the event to a single BAM kill Threshold, the server performance issues have been greatly diminished. We will continue to monitor it throughout the night.

We designed the event with multiple thresholds so that all players could participate. Some people would only have time to complete a few thresholds whereas some would be able to clear all of them. And yes, we knew that a lot of you would also know exactly where to go to clear the thresholds quickly and then move on to alts to clear the thresholds with them as well. It's super cool to us that some of you will min/max an event like this. We love your enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, the event had a negative impact on server performance and we couldn't see it thru to completion. I do hope we can bring this event back with multiple thresholds again. And the loots will be just as generous, even for you min/maxers.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    SingleBear wrote: »
    After reducing the event to a single BAM kill Threshold, the server performance issues have been greatly diminished. We will continue to monitor it throughout the night.

We designed the event with multiple thresholds so that all players could participate. Some people would only have time to complete a few thresholds whereas some would be able to clear all of them. And yes, we knew that a lot of you would also know exactly where to go to clear the thresholds quickly and then move on to alts to clear the thresholds with them as well. It's super cool to us that some of you will min/max an event like this. We love your enthusiasm.

Unfortunately, the event had a negative impact on server performance and we couldn't see it thru to completion. I do hope we can bring this event back with multiple thresholds again. And the loots will be just as generous, even for you min/maxers.

Wouldn't be a way to keep the 500 kill threshold but including all the rewards from the lower tier threshold wheh players reach that amount?
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Wouldn't be a way to keep the 500 kill threshold but including all the rewards from the lower tier threshold wheh players reach that amount?

Sadly, no. We do not have the ability to edit the current event's reward.
124»