There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

IOD vgs are too low still

the island of dawn vanguards are back to "normal" after the events ,HOWEVER they are in reality cut in half now.
in the past (cant remember exact details) there were issues with vgs and they were doubled to bring them back to "normal rates" and somehow eme forgot that fact.
they just seem too low hence the spiking talen prices on broker.

Comments

• EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    This is the base rate that every other region has. We just had it doubled via event for years. The initial running out at the end of the year might have been a 'forgot' situation, but the current state is on purpose and was stated as such, as far as I'm aware.

You can certainly make the argument that it feels too low, that even a repeated triple event will not really let us break even with how it was in the past (as several other threads have done), or even that they aren't as rewarding as you'd wish them to be, but please don't go for a 'forgot' approach.

I'm sure that they are perfectly aware that they have taken a nerf bat to the drop rate. And that the doubling being turned back on in January was simply a grace period to try and take the sting out of the nerf due the sudden nature of the situation that made it come about.

Edit- For the sake of completeness. We'll have them back to double again from Feb 27 to Mar 6, according to the event calendar, but this week it's Guardian Legion bonus time.
  • Do u know what bonus we will have ?
    Im waiting for news or for the event to start, but nothing ...
  • Ty very much Seandynamite !
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    edited February 19
    Do u know what bonus we will have ?
    Im waiting for news or for the event to start, but nothing ...

If you mean the Guardian Legion event, it's posted in-game on the Calendar (as an aside, a big thank you to @EME for using that part more again) and as a News post
    Each bonus reward runs from 10 a.m. PST to 9:59 a.m PST the following day, as follows:
    2/19 – 2/20 : 30 TERA reward points
    2/20 – 2/21 : 20 Item XP (50 total)
    2/21 – 2/22 : 30 TERA reward points
    2/22 – 2/23 : 20 Item XP (50 total)
    2/23 – 2/24 : 30 TERA reward points
    2/24 – 2/25 : 20 Item XP (50 total)
    2/25 – 2/26 : 30 TERA reward points
    2/26 – 2/27 : 20 Item XP (50 total)

Which I'm taking to mean that each time you claim the reward you'll also get that extra bonus, depending on the day. It might get lost in the spam from the other rewards, I haven't had the time to check in-game. The 50 total confuses me, though maybe that's just because the event runs so that you could do two sets of 40 within the period of one type of reward, given that the Legion counter resets at 3 a.m. PST, whereas the event switches over at 10 a.m. PST.

Edit- And I'm too late. Ah well, I wanted to say thank you for the use of the Calendar notification area anyway, so thank you @seandynamite and whoever else is involved for doing so.
  • > @LXM6H9H4JH said:
    > Im waiting for news or for the event to start, but The 50 total confuses me, though maybe that's just because the event runs so that you could do two sets of 40 within the period of one type of reward, given that the Legion counter resets at 3 a.m. PST, whereas the event switches over at 10 a.m. PST.

Whats confusing?

30 + 20 = total of 50 xp.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    DL7MMWLJ3W wrote: »
    Whats confusing?

30 + 20 = total of 50 xp.

*blinks* Okay, so I think the appropriate response here is doh and a head smack for missing the obvious.

Thank you.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    @seandynamite

That's a cool event, thank you.

However, this does not address the question in this OP or the complaints we've voiced to you since January 3rd about halving the VG rewards. As it stands, if you did triple vg rewards for the rest of this month, our current total would be less than if the team had made no change at all.
  • I think that most of us agree that the IOD rewards are too low. However, I also think that the other rewards are too low (dungeons, battlegrounds, etc). Unfortunately, the rewards are based on the amount of content the game has to offer. Little content = Little rewards. Since there are only a hand full of things to do at end game, the grind is there to encourage people to spend more time gearing up in between patches.
  • SoffyasdSoffyasd ✭✭✭
    At least, if they are going to remove the double vg, at least change the keen motes droprate to 100%. but still, i'd rather have double vg than this legion BS event.
  • IOD is kinda depressing now, expend like 40 mins or 50 mins avg, killing 160 basilisk for 112 golden talents.
    112 golden talents
    56 golden darics
    28 golden plates.

at least make keen mote 100% drop. So the farming wont be sad af.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rapunzzel wrote: »
    IOD is kinda depressing now, expend like 40 mins or 50 mins avg, killing 160 basilisk for 112 golden talents.
    112 golden talents
    56 golden darics
    28 golden plates.

at least make keen mote 100% drop. So the farming wont be sad af.
    what this person said.....I know they want us to stay longer in the game, but let us have the motes so we can use our alts. don't worry, we will still buy stuff in the shop lol.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    IOD rewards are a joke imo. Not worth without double
  • IOD rewards are a joke imo. Not worth without double

Nothing in game seems worth doing now actually.. unless there is an event for it.
    Basically we went from double vg which gave 'ok' rewards and economy breaking events like mongo to single vg which is total crap and events that are only 'meh'... from one extreme to the other, thats what it feels like anyway.

I rather see no events at all and just have normal regular gameplay actually be rewarding.
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    I agree with you in all.
    Its true we asked for events. Hell, begged! But not for price of double vgs definitely.