Is possible that the main fps drop reason is the UI?

When i press Ctrl+X (hidding UI) i gain a huge fps boost, that is lost soon as i pressed Ctrl+X again, fixing the UI lag can boost up to 20 fps (atleast for me) it is possible to workin in the UI for a possible fix for the fps issue?

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    Furappi wrote: »
    When i press Ctrl+X (hidding UI) i gain a huge fps boost, that is lost soon as i pressed Ctrl+X again, fixing the UI lag can boost up to 20 fps (atleast for me) it is possible to workin in the UI for a possible fix for the fps issue?

Lag is not because the UI, however fps drops are related in certain extend to UI.

We are in hopes console UI can be the solution for the masive fps losses and later to be ported to PC version if proved to be a thing.
  • You are right, UI is one of the main factors. Unfortunately chances of it getting reworked are slim as it has been a well known issue for many years.

I can't stop wondering why is that - UI is essentially just a bunch of static 2D images that do not require any rendering (or real-time calculations at all). Tera UI is visually no different from old MMOs from 10-15 years ago that you almost can run on your calculator. Any yet it consumes as much calculating power as a bunch of moving 3D models with special effects.
  • kubitoidkubitoid ✭✭✭✭✭
    yr main lag reason is na network
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandervb wrote: »
    You are right, UI is one of the main factors. Unfortunately chances of it getting reworked are slim as it has been a well known issue for many years.

I can't stop wondering why is that - UI is essentially just a bunch of static 2D images that do not require any rendering (or real-time calculations at all). Tera UI is visually no different from old MMOs from 10-15 years ago that you almost can run on your calculator. Any yet it consumes as much calculating power as a bunch of moving 3D models with special effects.

Well, it's not exactly static 2D, neither is just static 2D effortless anyway, specially considering every name, title and guild logo has to be scaled for each of the players around, and some monsters nearby too, also their indicators of aggro and such.
    Truth is, that this is taking WAY too much effort when it shouldn't, and yes it's been a well known issue that TERA rendered the UI on some flash based system that hogs the CPU like mad.

I also bet/hope on console port bringing new UI engine that can be either ported or adapted easily to PC, architecture difference is not an issue at all, so there's no reason to not make it.
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭
    UI causes FPS drop, that's for sure.
    The question is whether EME will go through the hassle of getting the same optimisation KTERA has implemented here as well.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anotsu wrote: »
    The question is whether EME will go through the hassle of getting the same optimisation KTERA has implemented here as well.

That's up to BHS.
  • sorry, in my country (for some reason) we say lag as fps drop as well but i didnt mean as a network issue
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

That's up to BHS.

As in forwarding the message to them, of course.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭

That's up to BHS.

Probably already done and repeated countless times. But we know how BHS loves just showing the middle finger instead
  • AnotsuAnotsu ✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

That's up to BHS.

Probably already done and repeated countless times. But we know how BHS loves just showing the middle finger instead

Probably? It would be nice to know if they did that tho.
    That is why these kind of threads appear time after time because this an ongoing issue since forever, and I don't recall any response from EME about the matter, at least through the past year.
    I just hope to see a response from EME such as "We will forward the message to BHS". Of course get updated about the matter as well, if it's gonna happen or not. The worst thing is sitting in the dark, and that's personally the thing that puts me off about EME the most.
    Not like they're going to read this message and change anyway, whatever.
  • Anotsu wrote: »

That's up to BHS.

That is why these kind of threads appear time after time because this an ongoing issue since forever, and I don't recall any response from EME about the matter, at least through the past year.
    I just hope to see a response from EME such as "We will forward the message to BHS". Of course get updated about the matter as well, if it's gonna happen or not. The worst thing is sitting in the dark, and that's personally the thing that puts me off about EME the most.

This issue was already reported to Bluehole, but no updates have been provided back to me about progress.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    I knew a player that played with the UI off by pressing Ctrl Z twice because they couldn't do dungeons otherwise
  • Anotsu wrote: »

That's up to BHS.

This issue was already reported to Bluehole, but no updates have been provided back to me about progress.

You guys are the only that can ask them to hurry up with the updates, the playerbase need this keep pushing them