[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance for EU servers at 2:00 UTC. We will be entering into maintenance for NA servers at 1:00 AM PDT. We appreciate your understanding, and ask that you plan accordingly.

Noctenium infusions causing lags?

Hello, i noticed some weird and pretty high lag spikes while using noctenium infusions in my original tera region (EU) and did a test:

0f75a1d79dddb26989edcb86d3722646.png

First part of the graph is while spamming skills without nocteniums, 2nd part is spamming skills while using nocteniums and the last part again without nocteniums.
I tested in NA aswell (in MT to be exactly) and i have the same problem. Apparently this is a problem of everyone in EU tera, but since i have this problem in NA tera aswell i made this forum post here. If is possible, try to do a test like mine while spamming skills with and without nocteniums to see if this problem is also happening here in NA (probably it happens in NA too since atleast me have this problem here too). If is a general problem, a report from both EU and NA tera regions would made easier and faster for Bluehole to find a fix.

In EU it got reported recently with this forum thread

Comments

• KetothKetoth ✭✭✭✭
    Using the normal noctenium will increase the lag
    Reason: it need update your noctenium count everytime you use a skill. From some testing i did : having less items in your inventory reduce this type of lag.

You wont see this lag with blue noc.
  • AbaddonoffireAbaddonoffire ✭✭✭
    edited June 2017
    Ketoth wrote: »
    Reason: it need update your noctenium count everytime you use a skill. From some testing i did : having less items in your inventory reduce this type of lag.

thats a very odd bug.
  • KarmaTheAlligatorKarmaTheAlligator ✭✭✭✭✭

what do you mean by blue nocteniums? theres 2 different kinds? ive only seen 1 kind.

The blue kind is the one you get from the vanguard quartermaster, you convert normal noct to a potion that gives you a slightly boosted effect for a set time (and we call it blue because the damage numbers are blue instead of yellow).
  • canikizucanikizu ✭✭✭

thats a very odd bug.
    It's not a bug. It's how the game is coded. Everytime you use something and consume one stack of whatever thing you use, it will open your inventory and minus 1 of that particular item. So everytime you use noctenium, it will open your inventory, make a search through your list of items in there, and minus 1 noctenium from it.

Reason blue noct cause less lag because it is a buff, so it dont have this behavior.
  • Haggard86Haggard86 ✭✭✭✭
    If only it didn't cost so many vanguards to make 1 blue
  • KirelyKirely ✭✭
    edited June 2017

Well, i just tried with blue nocts and that's the graph of my net:

b44a56b91894707c6a41fff418747a2e.png

Mid part is when i started to spam skills with blue nocts

It happens the same with the nocteniums in battleground

Also wanna add that i tried also with inventory totally empty and both normal and blue nocts, still getting lag spikes
  • First half of the gif is without nocts spamming skills in Cresentia and the second half is with nocts (When it starts to spike really high)
    (Take note: It's the orange line)

feaf1d85cf.gif
  • Anyone found a solution to this problem ?! i cant run BG without lag cause of this sh** bug =(
  • PartyblastPartyblast ✭✭✭✭
    Kirely wrote: »

Well, i just tried with blue nocts and that's the graph of my net:

b44a56b91894707c6a41fff418747a2e.png

Mid part is when i started to spam skills with blue nocts

It happens the same with the nocteniums in battleground

Also wanna add that i tried also with inventory totally empty and both normal and blue nocts, still getting lag spikes

The only solution is to not have ANY noct in your inventory and use blue/gold noct. Even if you have the blue/gold noct buff the game still opens your inventory to look at the noct stack if you have one to look at, continuing to cause lag.

Thanks BHS!
  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Until BHS changes how items are used (like potions/Nocts etc), using Any items like Nostrums or nocts will lag the game.

Also

>Last post was June 17 then jumps to Feb 18

>Nice Necro
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    Most definitely still an issue today.

And using superior/rare Nocts still has the issue unless you have 0 Nocts in your inventory
  • This issue has also been reported for review.
  • Viticks wrote: »
    Anyone found a solution to this problem ?! i cant run BG without lag cause of this sh** bug =(

When you do battlegrounds just store any green nocteniums in your bank, so it wont do the item count update cuz bg noct is limitless.
  • @CobaltDragon Just in case it wasen't the full report.

Common Nocteniums will send your inventory each time you use one of them, this also true for any other consumable in the game and brooches which is also very bad for combat when you're justu pdating a small thing.

This isn't a bug but it's fairly stupid and bad done^ and it could be fixed in many ways.

Despite other types of Nocteniums not consuming anything if there's common ones present in the player inventory the server will update the whole inventory regardless. This is a bug since there's no real reason for this to happen.

It's also fair to point out that your equipment, costumes, etc. also count as inventory and are as well sent which is also stupid. The inventory packet could be smaller. If you open up your inventory there's no reason for the server to send your equipment too...