[PC] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 12/10 at 8am PST. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/terapcmaintenance

Can we do something about the rampant kicking on Battlegrounds?

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew when they gave players the power to kick, there would be problems like this. many spoke out in the forums telling eme this sort of thing was going to happen when they mentioned it was going to be implemented. but as I said so many times....their game, their rules.

Just as a heads up: 80% votes on kick has been a thing on BGs for more than a year already, dare I say at least 2 years, I remember seeing it 1st on CS when it was active daily. It literally changed nothing. It just changed the possibility to kick AFKs and offlines easier.

Besides, people have been EQ kicking like t-rds ever since EQ is a thing, it's nothing new to be bringing attention to new kick system.
    tho if the entire possibility of kicking regardless of old or new rules is the issue, guess you could also live with bots rampantly queing and just spamming their ":)" "I'm not a bot, I'm a human :)" like they do and proceed to spam auto-attack on base
  • Reasons people kick:
    1. The target is a feeder.
    2. PVE or nonsensical crystals.
    3. Team building.
    4. Trolling.

Basically it comes down to losing games, avoiding that outcome. Losing a game because people have improper crystals or just because they're terrible at the game is usually a huge waste of your entire team's time. Fooling yourself by pretending guys that are targets for the kick are learning is another waste of time. Some people are just destined to be kicked because they didn't put the effort in to learning about the game. It only makes sense t cut those loose ends, if you coddle them they're never going to learn and they're going to continue trapping teams.

I don't often initiate kicks(outside of soloq 3s, that is another thing entirely) but I generally do vote yes because dragging around non-factors really isn't good for anyone. Not even them because they're just padding their losses which further seals their fate of getting kicked.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    CornishRex wrote: »
    It would be nice if newbies got a popup telling them the correct setups and not allowing them to queue until they got the cruxes at least, since they're not intuitive enough to look at a pvp guide or ask someone in gchat, global, one of the many discords, forums etc.

...? There is a pop up that says what crystals they should be using. It shows up every time they log in the game. Every. Single. Log in.

If they aren't gong to read that, they aren't going to read whatever pop-up happens for BG. There's a pop-up on KC (just like there used to be for Channelworks and nerfed Demokran Facroty,) and people STILL get kicked because they won't use a nostrum after 2-5 minutes.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    This is normal when theres low influx of new players. The only who pvp these days are die hard veterans and they have no nerves to lose just from one clueless player. PVP is dead anyway due to the huge advantage from this illegal program that everyone is using right now and imba classes +9 stormcry set. Everyone knows each other on the pvp scene from the extremely low population and if you have a bad reputation we kick you instantly. Not having right crystals and unequilized gear is instant kick.
  • having higher damage is nice from consumables but i refuse to use em if i can get away with it. i am one cheap person. lol
  • kknaexkknaex ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    U have been kicked out several times
    Why I never got kicked out???
    Unless they Overhaul the PVP, I think kicking is good so ppl who would get kicked either ask why they got kicked or just give up.
    It's better to have "No game" than "Trolled Game."
  • If you're dumb enough to queue with the wrong setup you deserve to be kicked out for wasting time.

There is an outstanding wealth of information at your fingertips on the INTERNET........the bulk of the problem would disappear if suckers weren't lazy self entitled, carry me everywhere plebs.

Self Education has it's merits. Like how unfortunately for most people........Tera would not be floating this long without it's jail bait race.
  • Actually the people are just doing "troll kick" randomly because they think it is fun. Sadly you can't see the name of the player that starts the votekick.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    Actually the people are just doing "troll kick" randomly because they think it is fun. Sadly you can't see the name of the player that starts the votekick.

Always someone send the vote to kick I check fast on the user that is voted to be kicked and most of the times he has good crystals for PvP.

As you said, it is either to troll or just because personal issues between the one that sent the vote to kick against that player.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    If you play PvP battlegrounds in Tera you know names of players. The active population is so small you cannot be in the dark here.

There are some troll kicks but as I said ^

90%+ of kicking I see are players:
    - In PvE crystals
    - Cruxes (usually PvE...)
    - Known feeders
    - BM players

And any of the above, deserves a swift kick.
  • I am not sure how players call it PvP as in Player v.s Player when they queue with PvE crystals as in Player v.s Environment .. Aanddd since the said players have wrong crystals setup for PvP then they might as well have a poor glyph setup and if why not then probably a lack of knowledge about certain classes and skills ( might explain why your stun gets KDed by this amazing popori then that stunned player gets away when it should have probably died xD ).

Anyway, i am with the players that kick in these cases because it only harms the PvP party/raid.
  • EnthilestEnthilest
    edited September 2018
    I have been playing MMO's for about 20 years. I have never participated in any type of battlegrounds pvp. I have always been hesitant due to the crappy mechanics / exploits that plague most MMO battlegrounds. Tera is basically a causal game, this would be a good time to learn, so what is there to lose? It took me several games to get the feel of it. Yeah, I sucked & did not know what I was doing or what half the abbreviations were. No one explains anything & everything is fast paced. But I kept on & I "learned the ropes" in both FW & CS. I do what the raid leader says & I know where to be most of the time. Over the weeks, I actually started getting some kills & many assists in my crappy eq gear. I even made a pretty decent rank with some good groups. I was actually having fun.

Then I keep running into a certain raid leader who told me when I was a noob trying to learn, that the next group I will be kicked. They play often. Every time I got into "their" raid, I would be kicked. I have seen them make nasty comments about how they wont win with me in the raid & to kick me, etc. Even after I learned & improved my rank, this person demands the raid kick me or they get raid leader spot & start yelling KICK KICK KICK. This person does this to others also. But they have a grudge against me for having been a noob at one time. This causes other people who see this behavior to start blacklisting you.Most of the time this is in FW. FW seems to be more "elite" than CS. Today I was kicked for no reason given in FW. I guess I should have seen it coming when the raid leader starts talking about all the familiar faces in the raid (not me).

If this is the kind of treatment that people get for actually being a decent player but not having StromCry gear or are part of the raid leaders set of special friends, why should I bother playing not only a battlegrounds, but anything at all in Tera? OH, and the best part is, you get penalized for being kicked for whatever reason. You lose rank points & you can get a "desertion" flag. Really? That is pretty carelessly thought out.I do not have to play this game or give any money to it - so, I am not going to sit around and cry about it. But this experience just reinforces every negative opinion I have had about pvp & I think that is really sad.

I think one of the "best" things I have seen in CS was the raid leader started yelling at people (because we were losing) that if you don't know how to do CS, then don't join next time. So, how are people supposed to learn? If you try hard, you have every right to participate as everyone else. This is a random que event, not a bring your own special team event.
  • edited September 2018
    Enthilest wrote: »
    Then I keep running into a certain raid leader who told me when I was a noob trying to learn, that the next group I will be kicked. They play often. Every time I got into "their" raid, I would be kicked. I have seen them make nasty comments about how they wont win with me in the raid & to kick me, etc. Even after I learned & improved my rank, this person demands the raid kick me or they get raid leader spot & start yelling KICK KICK KICK. This person does this to others also.
    I definitely recommend sending the chat evidence to EME in a Support Ticket so this [filtered] can be permanently banned from the game.

But, that aside, you bumped a very old thread.
  • Enthilest wrote: »
    I have been playing MMO's for about 20 years. I have never participated in any type of battlegrounds pvp. I have always been hesitant due to the crappy mechanics / exploits that plague most MMO battlegrounds. Tera is basically a causal game, this would be a good time to learn, so what is there to lose? It took me several games to get the feel of it. Yeah, I sucked & did not know what I was doing or what half the abbreviations were. No one explains anything & everything is fast paced. But I kept on & I "learned the ropes" in both FW & CS. I do what the raid leader says & I know where to be most of the time. Over the weeks, I actually started getting some kills & many assists in my crappy eq gear. I even made a pretty decent rank with some good groups. I was actually having fun.

Then I keep running into a certain raid leader who told me when I was a noob trying to learn, that the next group I will be kicked. They play often. Every time I got into "their" raid, I would be kicked. I have seen them make nasty comments about how they wont win with me in the raid & to kick me, etc. Even after I learned & improved my rank, this person demands the raid kick me or they get raid leader spot & start yelling KICK KICK KICK. This person does this to others also. But they have a grudge against me for having been a noob at one time. This causes other people who see this behavior to start blacklisting you.Most of the time this is in FW. FW seems to be more "elite" than CS. Today I was kicked for no reason given in FW. I guess I should have seen it coming when the raid leader starts talking about all the familiar faces in the raid (not me).

If this is the kind of treatment that people get for actually being a decent player but not having StromCry gear or are part of the raid leaders set of special friends, why should I bother playing not only a battlegrounds, but anything at all in Tera? OH, and the best part is, you get penalized for being kicked for whatever reason. You lose rank points & you can get a "desertion" flag. Really? That is pretty carelessly thought out.I do not have to play this game or give any money to it - so, I am not going to sit around and cry about it. But this experience just reinforces every negative opinion I have had about pvp & I think that is really sad.

I think one of the "best" things I have seen in CS was the raid leader started yelling at people (because we were losing) that if you don't know how to do CS, then don't join next time. So, how are people supposed to learn? If you try hard, you have every right to participate as everyone else. This is a random que event, not a bring your own special team event.

that is one of the reasons I miss level 30 and above cs. I learned how to play most of my classes in cs. it was so much fun then until.......
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kick should be only an option when you have afks, as people uses right now they dont even do it against those actually ruining the matches but only because their toxicity wont allow them to have "noobs" in their teams. This is a common issue on many BGs on other games but not all games can kick left and right as TERA can.