[TERA Console] Maintenance to deploy the v86.01 update is scheduled for Monday, September 14 at 7 p.m. PT. Patch notes: http://bit.ly/terac_v86
[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Noctenium infusions causing lags?

2»

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know that his can make some players mad at, but I think common nocterious should be blocked of being used and make the players to get the blue and gold noct.

If BHS don't have any intention to fix them then at least they can do that much.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I know that his can make some players mad at, but I think common nocterious should be blocked of being used and make the players to get the blue and gold noct.

If BHS don't have any intention to fix them then at least they can do that much.

Maybe make into a "this item can't be used anymore" but still be useable for the refiners, and at the same time make the uncommon noctenium refiners cost 0 at the vanguard shop so all players with common noct just convert them, remove friendly, alliance and common noctenium from every reward and make the vanguard reward for 439 and higher give a uncommon noctenium infusion.
    6R1MM01R3 wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Maybe make into a "this item can't be used anymore" but still be useable for the refiners, and at the same time make the uncommon noctenium refiners cost 0 at the vanguard shop so all players with common noct just convert them, remove friendly, alliance and common noctenium from every reward and make the vanguard reward for 439 and higher give a uncommon noctenium infusion.

Yes, something like this.

Accidentally the proxy community is fairly aware of that and that's the usual reccomendation if the users net can't handle the inventory spam.
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭

Problem is that rare/superior nocts is that they make the inventory calls, so you still have the lag, albeit you're not updating the inventory with a new inventory.
  • clfarron4 wrote: »

Problem is that rare/superior nocts is that they make the inventory calls, so you still have the lag, albeit you're not updating the inventory with a new inventory.

They only do if you have common nocteniums in your inventory, which is probably a bug in their code, so effectively banking them is enough to get rid of that.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    drkmosc wrote: »
    clfarron4 wrote: »

They only do if you have common nocteniums in your inventory, which is probably a bug in their code, so effectively banking them is enough to get rid of that.

What about putting them in a pocket pet?
  • Catservant wrote: »

What about putting them in a pocket pet?
    Yeah as said above, the server will just send the player inventory, they aren't sent unless youre accessing them normally the same way banks aren't.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    I have noticed that we cannot bank certain nocteniums which is not nice but still my question is: do i lag if i do not use noctenium since it should not get all that crazy ordeal to open my inventory and -1 whenever used?
  • drkmoscdrkmosc ✭✭
    edited February 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    I have noticed that we cannot bank certain nocteniums which is not nice but still my question is: do i lag if i do not use noctenium since it should not get all that crazy ordeal to open my inventory and -1 whenever used?

When you open your inventory everything gets sent so regardless it may be a tad slow, this could be done better but it isn't a main issue.

Main issue is on consumables doing the same as pressing I for each use which then, noctenium will make plenty of use being the worst offender.

So no, having nocteniums in your inventory if unused don't cause the inventory to get sent. However, if you're using non common nocteniums in addition to having common nocteniums in your inventory the same effect will happen most likely because of buggy code from the server side, nothing is reallistically changing your inventory but the server still sends the inventory if those 2 conditions are both met.
    edited February 2018
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »

When you open your inventory everything gets sent so regardless it may be a tad slow, this could be done better but it isn't a main issue.

Main issue is on consumables doing the same as pressing I for each use which then, noctenium will make plenty of use being the worst offender.

So no, having nocteniums in your inventory if unused don't cause the inventory to get sent. However, if you're using non common nocteniums in addition to having common nocteniums in your inventory the same effect will happen most likely because of buggy code from the server side, nothing is reallistically changing your inventory but the server still sends the inventory if those 2 conditions are both met.

The more reason to neglect the use of single nocteriums and force players to use blue or red nocs instead.

The more reason to neglect the use of single nocteriums and force players to use blue or red nocs instead.
    Well the reason remains unchanged, it's pretty stupid and as well intensive net wise for the servers and users so it's obvious to say that it needs fixing but it's BHS so well :smile: .

And about your suggestion, EME won't do that since "that's blocking user for content from the game!" that isn't the real quote from spacecats but should hold the meaning from the previous issue with CCB and achievements, they will probably not change their stance on this. So it's on BHS to deploy a fix and a proper handle of the consumable, inventory and equipment packets which they most likely will just ignore and it's really something that should be fixed since alpha or beta, it isn't very excusable..

Also, in the end your solution would force anyone to expend way more money for noctenium and while it has clear issues it isn't every net that can't handle the inventory spam, so it isn't an issue for them though it totally is for the general state of the servers.
    edited February 2018

Well the reason remains unchanged, it's pretty stupid and as well intensive net wise for the servers and users so it's obvious to say that it needs fixing but it's BHS so well :smile: .

And about your suggestion, EME won't do that since "that's blocking user for content from the game!" that isn't the real quote from spacecats but should hold the meaning from the previous issue with CCB and achievements, they will probably not change their stance on this. So it's on BHS to deploy a fix and a proper handle of the consumable, inventory and equipment packets which they most likely will just ignore and it's really something that should be fixed since alpha or beta, it isn't very excusable..

Also, in the end your solution would force anyone to expend way more money for noctenium and while it has clear issues it isn't every net that can't handle the inventory spam, so it isn't an issue for them though it totally is for the general state of the servers.

Obviously I am talking baised, I have not this issue to be that hard on my game but I have read and see many things about common nocs making lag/fps drops/freezes even those who don't use them but are near from those who use them.

Not sure if that is truth or not but if that is the case then to allow people access to that content that degrade the gameplay experience of other users I don't think is a good idea.

It is totally baised and I wonder how much truth it is on those claims.
  • Is there any fix to this even in console green noct is causing lag :/ and we dont have any means of getting blue noct :/