There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Guardian Legion Event Rewards

Is it just me, or are the rewards for this current Guardian Legion event kinda, lower, than what we expected? I remember, looking at the event calendar in weeks past, and talking with some friends about how we were gonna spam this guardian legion stuff for this week together. Now that they've seen the extra rewards, the most common response I get is "why bother?".

I think maybe a x1.5 or x2 bonus to the actual guardian legion credits themselves would've been neat. But beyond that, I find that the content is actually very rewarding in itself (honestly, I feel like increasing the gem box drop amount whatsoever would be overkill). However, the biggest complaint I hear about it is the immense amount of time it can take if you're not geared to the teeth and overly proficient at whatever class you're using. So maybe, increasing the actual points acquisition instead of the actual drops would make for a more attractive event?

Honestly, I can't speak for other servers, but I did the content on my home server of Fey Forest on and off throughout the day today and it seemed to me like there was about the same if not less people doing it than what I'd seen in the past few weeks at similar times. I understand that this is a week long event, and so it wouldn't make sense for it to have excessive "once in a year chance" kind of rewards, but it just doesn't feel like theres much of an event going on at all atm.

Comments

• Depends on the hour/timezone for how many people are doing guardian missions but yeah, they are fewer as the weeks pass. Maybe better pricing on the items that can be obtained with the credits, or add more items to the listings like : uncommon refiner for the 412 seller, rare refiner for the 431 npc and superior refiners for the 439 npc? or even if only uncommon refiners for the high tier npc, that would be nice. Maybe silver/gold talent stacks from the surprise boxes.
  • Vulcarion wrote: »
    Is it just me, or are the rewards for this current Guardian Legion event kinda, lower, than what we expected? I remember, looking at the event calendar in weeks past, and talking with some friends about how we were gonna spam this guardian legion stuff for this week together. Now that they've seen the extra rewards, the most common response I get is "why bother?".

I think maybe a x1.5 or x2 bonus to the actual guardian legion credits themselves would've been neat. But beyond that, I find that the content is actually very rewarding in itself (honestly, I feel like increasing the gem box drop amount whatsoever would be overkill). However, the biggest complaint I hear about it is the immense amount of time it can take if you're not geared to the teeth and overly proficient at whatever class you're using. So maybe, increasing the actual points acquisition instead of the actual drops would make for a more attractive event?

Honestly, I can't speak for other servers, but I did the content on my home server of Fey Forest on and off throughout the day today and it seemed to me like there was about the same if not less people doing it than what I'd seen in the past few weeks at similar times. I understand that this is a week long event, and so it wouldn't make sense for it to have excessive "once in a year chance" kind of rewards, but it just doesn't feel like theres much of an event going on at all atm.

Thanks for the feedback on it - we will be running those kinds of events in the future as well - this is one of those "some folks will get a lot of use out of it, some won't" kind of events, so we're trying as many different things as we can (that don't break the servers, that is) to see what works and what doesn't.

I have a feeling you'll see those double-type events in the near future, but just wanted to say thanks for the feedback.
  • Good to hear, thanks for the response!
  • StitchedSoulStitchedSoul ✭✭✭✭
    Can we also have enchanting boxes and tokens back from IOD that you nerfed.
    TY.
  • i have a question, it says this for example for the event:
    "2/19 – 2/20 : 30 TERA reward points
    2/20 – 2/21 : 20 Item XP (50 total)"
    does that mean u can get a maximum of 30 tera reward points on that day ? and the next day a maximum of 50 item xp ?
    OR>..
    is that per claimed box?

because if its 30 and 50 maximum then wtf.
  • EllexemEllexem ✭✭✭
    HAAYAAKD43 wrote: »
    is that per claimed box?

Yes, you get the extra for each claimed box. So you can earn either 800 extra Item XP or 1200 Reward points, if you claim 40 boxes.
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    The rewards are not bad though as they are but indeed it is needed to play certain classes or have certain gear to be able to do anything there..

Actually, i have +3SC armor ( feet/gloves/chest with proper rolls ) on brawler with enduring etchings and i also get the endurance buff from priest at guardian but even so there is this crustacean boss which comes with a green quest for example that takes 30% up to 50% from my HP with a single attack because this boss is so nasty that he does x2 stuns -many times one after another- that each can last 7sec and if i do not i-frame those stuns then he does this pushing attack with bubbles that ruins me HP with everything usually happening in less than eight or ten seconds if enraged ... So i use the i-frames for stuns but then he jumps in the air spawning those bubbles before i have my i-frames ready so he still ruins my HP - also ruining my growing fury ...... And that happens every twenty-thirty seconds or so ( i tried pots but its not helping that much so i ended up even rerolling my gear with % HP per 5seconds to try to maneuver around ).

I am not sure why a boss has two stuns that can last 7sec that he uses many times one after another in a 8sec window while also having this nasty attack jumping in the air and doing heavy damage while pushing tanks away but in my case i ended up avoiding certain bosses like this one ( i also rerolled a new priest and thinking to get a valkyrie as well since the brawler takes so much effort and is so badly rewarded since as a brawler with equivalent or better gear i actually get 2/3 boxes per 5minutes doing equal or better damage compared to the said classes ).

p.s. the thing is that if all the tanks reroll into priests/valks then this might be a problem
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    @HLK76PFWXT vs the crab use your iframdes to avoid its stuns and vs the bubbles use skills that can't be interrupted.

The bubbles can't be iframed but if your class have an skill that his animation can't be interruped then use it when bubbles are spawned and that skill will pass throught them.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »
    @HLK76PFWXT vs the crab use your iframdes to avoid its stuns and vs the bubbles use skills that can't be interrupted.

The bubbles can't be iframed but if your class have an skill that his animation can't be interruped then use it when bubbles are spawned and that skill will pass throught them.

Groundpounder? Haymaker? I did not know but thanks. I will try it.

The damage from bubbles still sucks.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

Groundpounder? Haymaker? I did not know but thanks. I will try it.

The damage from bubbles still sucks.

I don't know if brawler has an skill that ignores staggers or stuns, other classes have skills that ignores staggers and stuns while they are in animation and if you use them in the moment bubbles is going to be spammed you won't get trapped to that annoying skill.

The bubbles that make you float are another different matter.
  • There is a tell for each mechanic for each of the bosses. Just learn the tell and you will be able to walk around the bubbles.

I don't do crab regularly, so I can't describe the tell, but I could when I get back to playing.
  • FluffnificentFluffnificent ✭✭
    edited February 21
    Tuwangi training is s free box and some change every nine minutes that could be done in idoneal and avatar.
  • > @HLK76PFWXT said:
    > The rewards are not bad though as they are but indeed it is needed to play certain classes or have certain gear to be able to do anything there..
    >
    > Actually, i have +3SC armor ( feet/gloves/chest with proper rolls ) on brawler with enduring etchings and i also get the endurance buff from priest at guardian but even so there is this crustacean boss which comes with a green quest for example that takes 30% up to 50% from my HP with a single attack because this boss is so nasty that he does x2 stuns -many times one after another- that each can last 7sec and if i do not i-frame those stuns then he does this pushing attack with bubbles that ruins me HP with everything usually happening in less than eight or ten seconds if enraged ... So i use the i-frames for stuns but then he jumps in the air spawning those bubbles before i have my i-frames ready so he still ruins my HP - also ruining my growing fury ...... And that happens every twenty-thirty seconds or so ( i tried pots but its not helping that much so i ended up even rerolling my gear with % HP per 5seconds to try to maneuver around ).
    >
    > I am not sure why a boss has two stuns that can last 7sec that he uses many times one after another in a 8sec window while also having this nasty attack jumping in the air and doing heavy damage while pushing tanks away but in my case i ended up avoiding certain bosses like this one ( i also rerolled a new priest and thinking to get a valkyrie as well since the brawler takes so much effort and is so badly rewarded since as a brawler with equivalent or better gear i actually get 2/3 boxes per 5minutes doing equal or better damage compared to the said classes ).
    >
    >
    > p.s. the thing is that if all the tanks reroll into priests/valks then this might be a problem

Dude :/ how are you in storm and don't understand ground pounder. It provides A) a cone defense wall that always blocks and provides 100% resist to everything over like a 2 second cast time. It is the iron wall of Brawler. Double dash his leap stun and ground pounder bubbles. They will be off cool down for the next use of the abilities. And if you mess up, crab does single fake out jump before he goes up. Spin that camera and bullrush then come back in. Gutrend boss is harder for us fisticuffs because of idiots not moving aoes.

To be honest compared to my warrior, Brawler has it easy in lrgion. I'm in frost but tank balders/gutrend/crab 95% of time for amazing damage off of perfect blocks for 2-3 chests per legion event compared to my frost warrior struggling to get 2
  • HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited February 21
    I'm in frost but tank balders/gutrend/crab 95% of time for amazing damage off of perfect blocks for 2-3 chests per legion event compared to my frost warrior struggling to get 2

I love to tank crabs for example the second boss at shattered fleet since they trample so much and we can get so many perfect blocks with haymaker.. but this one from guardian legion is on another level because he has two stuns and that jump which many times happen in less than eight seconds if he is enraged..

EDIT: I have tested Groundpounder on both crab/basilisk at guardian and both pushed me back through it after jumping in the air doing damage and stuff so it does not work after all or else i would have noticed..

By the way, i was messing around with damage from behind crystals going behind whenever i would see a +9SC Lancer since it is literally impossible to fight for aggro with brawler against lancers even if i do more damage since they have more natural aggro gain especially if i use 20% aggro gain on growing fury.. So i ended up switching from % damage aggro towards you with normal % damage but then when i had to tank normally.. I ended up doing actually more damage so what is going on? Maybe it is because for example the crab at the guardian legion many times turns around on its own to do X skill then comes back to me again on its own and during that time i am not actually the highest in the aggro list even though i have the most aggro? EIther way.. it was very interesting to see that % damage done was better than % aggro towards you