[PC] Maintenance is completed!

How are Ryzen 5 2200/2400G performance on TERA?

Has anyone tried to run TERA on Ryzen 5 2200 or 2400G without a discrete graphic card? I'm really interested in their performances.
Also wondering if they can run multiple games at once, such as TERA+Overwatch or TERA+BnS. (Lowest setting is fine)
If you can share your experiences with these two CPUs it would be awesome, thank you in advance!

Comments

• Don't buy any hardware for tera. Never. Ever. It runs like crap on anything and everything.
  • Varg707 wrote: »
    Don't buy any hardware for tera. Never. Ever. It runs like crap on anything and everything.

This. Don't even bother spending a dime on hardware for this game even a nasa computer will run this game at 30 fps max, and as soon some players pop on your screen or go to a battleground you will get half of the fps.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    TERA hardware buying tips: Pick that old 2nd gen Core i5 unlocked, and overclock it's brains out, then something like a GTX 1050 at most and you're set. You'll likely get a whopping 40 FPS in Velika. Maybe even 20 FPS on CS spawn (I get 8 on my 550 Ti).

Not kidding, this came is dual core only, and DX9, very badly optimized at that. I get it that you likely want to build a new system or upgrade an existing one, and wanna know if it's a good option for TERA.
    But yeah, realistically speaking, you shouldn't ever upgrade anything (other than very low single thread performance machines) if your goal is running TERA.

In a different view: don't let TERA stall your upgrades.

EDIT: wouldn't be surprised at all, if a GTX 580 did better in TERA than a 1050. Makes sense? No. But it's TERA.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    GardoVdl wrote: »
    Varg707 wrote: »
    Don't buy any hardware for tera. Never. Ever. It runs like crap on anything and everything.

This. Don't even bother spending a dime on hardware for this game even a nasa computer will run this game at 30 fps max, and as soon some players pop on your screen or go to a battleground you will get half of the fps.

I have an Alpha console more than 3 years old with Core i7 @ 2.0 GHz (4 cores, 4 threads), 8 GB DDR3 RAM, NVidia GTX 850M with 2 GB GDDR5 and runs at 50 fps in most places in Tera at graphics sets 5 lowering to 3 for that same fps on battlegrounds. That cost me about 1 thousand dollars back in those days but now those specs can be adquired with $250 dollars.

I have also a Lenovo Y700 series Laptop with a Core i7 @ 2.4 GHz (4 cores, 8 threads), 12 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX 960M with 4 GB GDDR5 and runs above +80 fps in most places in Tera at max graphics sets lowering to 5 on Battlegrounds and 3 at CU. This cost me about $1,500 dollars about one year ago so by now its price should also droped about the thousand.

I have also a Lenovo Y520 series Laptop with a Core i5 @ 2.5 GHz (4 core, 4 threads), 8 GB DDR4 RAM, NVidia GTX 1050M with 2 GB GDDR5 and runs about 70 fps in most places in Tera in max graphics, about the same if I lower to 5 on Battlegrounds and 3 on CU. This one cost me $750 dollars 3 months ago.

Those specs are far from a NASA PC and as you see those are not that expensive and yes, they can run Tera at more than 30 fps.

What I have to admit in CU it can drop a lot fps when raids from several guilds zerg towers, I had to change even to the lowest settings to be able to play with more than 20 fps on the Alpha console.

The best way to do before investing on a new machine is to think about the other task you will perform.

Ryzen should be more than enought to play those other games and Tera itself, by specs it is even better than the Core i7 and Core i5 I have on my machines.
  • Well runs like [filtered] anyway because my 8700k @ 5.0ghz gets fps drop like crazy in 5man dungeons on preset 0. Thought that would eliminate the lag but oh was I wrong. AMD has low singlethread performance which is not recommended for tera. Expect only good fps on overworld and old dungeons.
  • Hi, thank you all for the input. I'm not looking for any "what to buy" advise. I'm building a 2nd rig and plan to go with 2nd gen Ryzen without a discrete graphic card for multiple purposes and TERA is one of them so I'm wondering what I should expect. Maybe it can't run TERA, then I will change my mind. For now, I am looking for Ryzen 2200/2400G performance on TERA, I don't need anyone to tell me go buy intel or don't buy anything. Thank you.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think it should be fine :)
  • edited February 2018
    If you can get a 4.5-5 GHz overclock on a Sky/Kaby/Covfefe era chip, FPS isn't overly terrible (you'll still dip to like 5-15 during raids and/or dungeons when the brawler gigas the mobs) most of the time: 30-100 in dungeons & cities> depending on your GPU & graphics settings.
  • If you can get a 4.5-5 GHz overclock on a Sky/Kaby/Covfefe era chip, FPS isn't overly terrible (you'll still dip to like 5-15 during raids and/or dungeons when the brawler gigas the mobs) most of the time: 30-100 in dungeons & cities> depending on your GPU & graphics settings.

I'm using a locked i5 4690 with cheap b85 mobo and I get 80+ fps afk, 30+ fps in all dungeons and hh raids, I have tera running 12+hours everyday for almost 3 years now. Your newer chip with oc performance is horrible probably because you don't know how to tweak the game, try google how to improve your fps and you will see different results if you put in the efforts.

Also this post is not about how to get better FPS, I'm simply wondering the 2200/2400G performance on TERA, nothing else. I'm interested to hear from whoever owns the chip(s) to tell their experiences, or cpu experts/tera game engine experts to estimate on these two chip's performance without a discrete graphics card.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    the cpu is still young, so we dont know really, the best we have is ryzen 3

but i think you can run tera in max setting with both cpu, from what i heard 2400G seem to be too much expensive if we compare with 2200g
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    If you can get a 4.5-5 GHz overclock on a Sky/Kaby/Covfefe era chip, FPS isn't overly terrible (you'll still dip to like 5-15 during raids and/or dungeons when the brawler gigas the mobs) most of the time: 30-100 in dungeons & cities> depending on your GPU & graphics settings.

I'm using a locked i5 4690 with cheap b85 mobo and I get 80+ fps afk, 30+ fps in all dungeons and hh raids, I have tera running 12+hours everyday for almost 3 years now. Your newer chip with oc performance is horrible probably because you don't know how to tweak the game, try google how to improve your fps and you will see different results if you put in the efforts.

Also this post is not about how to get better FPS, I'm simply wondering the 2200/2400G performance on TERA, nothing else. I'm interested to hear from whoever owns the chip(s) to tell their experiences, or cpu experts/tera game engine experts to estimate on these two chip's performance without a discrete graphics card.

Like with all APUs, the performance of the iGPU can change by a pretty high amount depending on how good your RAM is.

The single core performance of the 2200G/2400G is about the same as a Ryzen 5 1400 once overclocked, slightly better than Coffee Lake i3s (which actually aren't that bad since they're 4c/4t). The iGPU isn't great, but it's not terrible.

According to benchmarks online, it performs between an i3-8100 and an i5-8400 with a GT 1030 at stock, and even better once overclocked. As to what your performance will be like, I don't exactly know, but it should be playable (at least 30 FPS in dungeons) with some performance tweaks on lower settings.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Obs wrote: »

Like with all APUs, the performance of the iGPU can change by a pretty high amount depending on how good your RAM is.

The single core performance of the 2200G/2400G is about the same as a Ryzen 5 1400 once overclocked, slightly better than Coffee Lake i3s (which actually aren't that bad since they're 4c/4t). The iGPU isn't great, but it's not terrible.

According to benchmarks online, it performs between an i3-8100 and an i5-8400 with a GT 1030 at stock, and even better once overclocked. As to what your performance will be like, I don't exactly know, but it should be playable (at least 30 FPS in dungeons) with some performance tweaks on lower settings.

If we're considering a GT 1030 level of graphics performance, sounds like it will run TERA fine, not GREAT but fine. I mean it has about the same processing power as my own card here (if it's as good on DX9 as an old card, that is), I keep 30 FPS at max graphics in dungeons (everything max save for light enrichment on 1, screw that FPS killing blur). Sounds like a good option for a cheaper build.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It should run Tera moderately well. Ryzen is comparable to Intel's previous performance levels and a 1030 performance is enough for non-AAA games max graphics scenarios. Just keep in mind to not cheapen out on your RAM. I used to play with a GT545 which is worse than a 1030 and it handled most non-AAA games at 1080p high settings [ex. League, BnS, some shooters]. It was even paired with a garbage cpu, fx-6100 and before that an AMD Phenom II.

Also, make sure you use dual memory sticks rather than single, single channel will result in reduced performance. Single channel cuts fps by nearly half in a wide variety of games.