New Hairstyle question: Random or pick one?

Hello! o/

I saw that the new hairstyles are coming with the male Brawler patch and i was wondering are we going to have the same buy a ticket and get a random hairstyle chosen for us like K-Tera has? or can we buy a type of hairstyle ticket where we can just pick our own hairstyle?

zhQ6VD6.jpg

Comments

• AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    Pretty sure it's going to be RNG
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    When released in KTERA, I believe there were two types of boxes:

1) Standard:This box gives you a random hairstyle and automatically applies it to your toon.
    2) Premium: This box gives you a random hairstyle, but you can preview it before deciding whether to apply it.

Loriri or Seraphinush would know the fine details
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do not bother on buying lottery tickets.
  • The first hair for Elin looks nice, but judging by the ears it is not the type of Elin I want the hairstyle for, so no sale.
  • So... not available in character creation, thus appearance changes are useless, and then, these are random select from the tickets?
    It would be good if EME could clarify this, otherwise this is just top money grab if these will be sold exclusively via EMP store.
  • this is a move that Nexon does in their other games. i was wondering how long it would be before it came into this now that Nexon has its tendrils into KR Tera
  • Random hairstyle? Why? Just why?

Imagine lootbox that contains random costume that instantly becomes perma-equipped. To take it off you have to pay 10 bucks (appearance change voucher).
  • Xandervb wrote: »
    Random hairstyle? Why? Just why?

Imagine lootbox that contains random costume that instantly becomes perma-equipped. To take it off you have to pay 10 bucks (appearance change voucher).

that is exactly what is happening actually. lot of people do not like it.
  • loot boxes v 2.0
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    loot boxes v 2.0

Cancer intensifies

EME better not follow this. If they wanna go the scummy route and sell those hairstyles, it better be in a sure chance box that you can chose to equip it or not, and preview 1st
  • SowenSowen ✭✭✭
    https://en.tera.gameforge.com/news/detail/preview-the-male-brawler

Gameforge did a good thing there, the random ones are *free* ingame and the one that allows you to choose its paid.
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is a move that Nexon does in their other games. i was wondering how long it would be before it came into this now that Nexon has its tendrils into KR Tera

It's just something Korean games do, it has nothing to do with Nexon. Koreans just like selling things through RNG, just look at other games that even Nexon had nothing to do with. Their mobas have RNG boxes, their shooters have RNG boxes, etc. RNG is a zero effort and low cost method of making money, it's why Western developers have been doing it too.
  • oh EU is doing it from the Fashion Coupon store? that is acualy pretty good, im down with that \o/

@seandynamite any word if where getting the same deal here to?
  • edited February 2018
    While Gameforge actually logged on their characters and took screenshots, EME just decided to once again half [filtered] everything and steal a video from a youtube of someone showcasing the hair styles :+1:

What you have stated is not what occurred. The uploaded Youtube Videos showing the new Hair Styles were created and uploaded by us.

Edited : Nexon shared their videos with us to use.