[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Gem Crates

Comments

• PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    You probably aren't the main audience for this, since there's already a ton of gold in the system.

They are likely preparing to fish for console whales.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pixelator wrote: »
    You probably aren't the main audience for this, since there's already a ton of gold in the system.

They are likely preparing to fish for console whales.

OMG, forgot about them.

If this item is also included for console version, with their limited farming gold because past builds in the game then it really looks apealing.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    McOnosRep wrote: »
    REDDOT wrote: »
    This is literally buying gold in a sense.

Elite 30 and 90s say hi....

The entire EMP selling thing was a legal gold buying method since the start of this. And it was the best gold buying method of all, cause every F2P player could move the economy, fill EME's pockets, and get cute and cool all they wanted as long as they put effort. EVERYONE WINS! Now, nice friggen' job killing that. I seriously hope EMP selling is still a compelling method of getting gold, cause this one literally eliminates the need to sell players your stuff, you just swipe, get the boxes, sell gems to merchant, done.

It SERIOUSLY needs that EMP selling is still a viable thing, otherwise they're hurting badly the F2P player base that doesn't swipe. It starts to get boring to literally never be able to get those cute new costumes and such if your only way of doing it is swiping. I would bet that a huge chunk of the money into EME's pockets comes indirectly from F2P players. I've literally seen someone selling 60K EMP in Global on AV once. That's 500 dollars dumped into the game, out of which a big chunk the F2P community is the one that moved around (since it was selling EMP).
  • Lynxzer wrote: »
    lol i wonder what the whiteknights will say to justify this as not p2w

how is this p2w?.. you can totally get gems in game by doing guardians, ghillie, pit, dungeons and from broker spending your gold, etc... it takes TIME to farm them i know but still not p2w...

So if i buy a +9 SC weapon from the store or the whole set.. that mean isn't p2w? because you know you can get those in the game too, only difference is people who don't pay get it in half year and i get it in 1 second.. but is not p2w right? yea fair enough.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭✭
    "You need to vote with your wallets!"

Yeah, because that's worked so well in the past. I wonder how this new item will affect that mentality...
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    McOnosRep wrote: »
    REDDOT wrote: »
    This is literally buying gold in a sense.

Elite 30 and 90s say hi....
    Someone buying Elite Status to sell isn't the same as being able to directly buy gold. One actually benefits those who don't pay, the other doesn't at all.
    Lynxzer wrote: »
    lol i wonder what the whiteknights will say to justify this as not p2w

how is this p2w?.. you can totally get gems in game by doing guardians, ghillie, pit, dungeons and from broker spending your gold, etc... it takes TIME to farm them i know but still not p2w...

Pay to win isn't just about whether an item can be earned without the cash shop or not. Otherwise, EA would not have been slammed by gamers for pay to win, even American and European politicians as well as various members of the gaming industry stated those methods were all essentially pay to win.

We are at a point where publishers are being praised for selling 60$ games with cosmetic "micro"-transactions when before the loot box with advantages craze it had been considered bad to do so.
  • Uh.. i'm sure they've done the math, these loot boxes are going to be just as trap as all the others and emp will go back to normal rates in a day just like every other loot box. This is nothing new, just another loot box no one will buy after the first week.
    Margarethe wrote: »
    Pity, seems Tera is indeed moving to pay to win.

Never expected gold to be bought directly from the cash shop.

As several people stated above this could make harder for f2p players when trying to get something from cash shop throught in-game trades, becasue if EMP ratio increase then their time invested in the game will drop value.

I low blow against f2p comunity.
  • Even while you can use the jewels for enchanting and blow a lot of them in the process, putting a item in the cash shop that DIRECTLY gives you gold when sold to a npc is 100% p2w. EME finally freaking lost it.
  • So, has anyone actually seen anyone get diamonds or emeralds yet?
    Yemaya wrote: »
    So, has anyone actually seen anyone get diamonds or emeralds yet?

rWNPbIx.png

I saw this on a Discord server.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Uh.. i'm sure they've done the math, these loot boxes are going to be just as trap as all the others and emp will go back to normal rates in a day just like every other loot box. This is nothing new, just another loot box no one will buy after the first week.

I really hope. Man/girl/whatever"dontassumemygender" I really hope.

I hope so much these flop just like the EMP strongbox keys when CS keys were a thing, or like alkahests on cash shop before revamp.

If it isn't a flop, RIP F2P players, swipe for costumes or fork THE gold for EMP.
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    Yemaya wrote: »
    So, has anyone actually seen anyone get diamonds or emeralds yet?

Saw someone get the Diamonds so yes it's possible.
  • StarSpriteStarSprite ✭✭✭✭
    P2w but with how common the rubies are it's more like pay to be disappointed :c
    StarSprite wrote: »
    P2w but with how common the rubies are it's more like pay to be disappointed :c

Still better than metamorphic embles from other lootboxes.
This discussion has been closed.