We're having maintenance Tuesday, November 20 from 8 - 11 am PDT (three hours).

So, can we use Gender Change on current female brawlers?

Comments

• I believe we'll be doing the same thing as what occurred originally with High Elf Female / Castanic Female Gunners.
  • I believe we'll be doing the same thing as what occurred originally with High Elf Female / Castanic Female Gunners.

can you please indicate what that means? does that mean a time gap ?

What is stopping you guys from releasing the gender change ability on the actual male brawler launch? I don't understand

Korea had it on release, why the change?
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    Yeehaw wrote: »
    What is stopping you guys from releasing the gender change ability on the actual male brawler launch? I don't understand

What is stopping you from making a male Brawler on the male Brawler launch? I can't speak for the staff or the developers, but my opinion is that if you can't be bothered to make a male Brawler and level him up in the short time it would take to do so, then you can wait 3 months to have the option. I see it as a fair compromise.

Well, there's gear, glyphs and achievements that I can think of. Leveling isn't ever the issue, it's so easy after all. The hassle of getting gear, glyphs and achievements tho is another story.

Why they would NOT make it gender changeable on launch, I think is exactly for the same reason Elin Gunner was so too: make people participate in a leveling event, let the hype die down and less people pester about costume changing on support (possibly meanwhile many costume sales), and then when it's cooled down, allow it. Nothing technical, nothing BHS sided, just this management decision.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Why they would NOT make it gender changeable on launch, I think is exactly for the same reason Elin Gunner was so too: make people participate in a leveling event, let the hype die down and less people pester about costume changing on support (possibly meanwhile many costume sales), and then when it's cooled down, allow it. Nothing technical, nothing BHS sided, just this management decision.

I suspect this is exactly right. Ultimately, TERA's F2P model is about encouraging people to create more characters, and as the only region that does costume changes when you race/gender change, they probably want to avoid a giant demand spike right at the start (even if that means they get less money for now from gender changer sales).
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 22
    @CobaltDragon
    I believe we'll be doing the same thing as what occurred originally with High Elf Female / Castanic Female Gunners.

So we will be getting another character slot with the male brawler?
  • ElinLove wrote: »

I suspect this is exactly right. Ultimately, TERA's F2P model is about encouraging people to create more characters, and as the only region that does costume changes when you race/gender change, they probably want to avoid a giant demand spike right at the start (even if that means they get less money for now from gender changer sales).

Problem is EU is restricting it as well, so its a build thing. Still ridiculous that korea had it open from day 1.
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taldek wrote: »
    ElinLove wrote: »

Problem is EU is restricting it as well, so its a build thing. Still ridiculous that korea had it open from day 1.

It may not be a build thing at all, but just a marketing decision in both regions. (Or maybe, seeing what happened in K-TERA and with the last class, BHS decided to tell the other regions that it's better to do it this way.)
  • @CobaltDragon
    I believe we'll be doing the same thing as what occurred originally with High Elf Female / Castanic Female Gunners.

So we will be getting another character slot with the male brawler?

Yes, and a raise of maximum number of slots to 19 total.
  • edited February 22
    Let me clear that up -

1. Similar to what we did with Eliin Gunner launch, you will NOT be able to gender/race change to the Male Brawler at launch. You will have to create a new character and level it. Similarly, that restriction will not be permanent.
    2. Character slots are being raised to 19 - if you log in during the first week after the launch you will get a character slot for free (this is also like we did for Elin Gunner launch)
  • I'm an idiot. Yes. 19 is correct. editing like it never happened.