[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Id like to point out a major dysfunction on the "official" Discord

124»

Comments

  • TFYL7NJAFFTFYL7NJAFF ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    The one who kicked him was not IdioticGenius, if you were there at the time you would have caught the admin banning him and telling others that more disciplinary actions will be taken if they continue. So stop speculating about things you don't even know about. If you can't even get this fact right, it's obvious you never read the chat logs and you're just making stuff up to troll now.
  • W7GNYAP55AW7GNYAP55A ✭✭✭
    TFYL7NJAFF wrote: »
    The one who kicked him was not IdioticGenius, if you were there at the time you would have caught the admin banning him and telling others that more disciplinary actions will be taken if they continue. So stop speculating about things you don't even know about. If you can't even get this fact right, it's obvious you never read the chat logs and you're just making stuff up to troll now.

    " I assume it was idioticGenius"

    You should learn to read.
  • W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    TFYL7NJAFF wrote: »
    The one who kicked him was not IdioticGenius, if you were there at the time you would have caught the admin banning him and telling others that more disciplinary actions will be taken if they continue. So stop speculating about things you don't even know about. If you can't even get this fact right, it's obvious you never read the chat logs and you're just making stuff up to troll now.

    " I assume it was idioticGenius"

    You should learn to read.
    You should learn to read too, because the admin who banned him made it clear that he banned him, so it's obvious you didn't read the conversation and you're just here to make up lies and troll.
  • I kinda just skimmed through this thread and it seemed to get a little heated since I posted on it last. But if OP still has some questions he hopes to get answered I don't mind trying to help. @3LWMDDHHDX
  • AsrahAsrah ✭✭
    edited May 2017
    TFYL7NJAFF wrote: »
    ITT a new player telling experienced players they were wrong, trolling about it, get banned by widely considered one of the fairest reddit/Discord admins, coming on forums to complain. I've asked an admin for the chat log and your ban is so obviously justified that if they were to post it here people would just laugh at you.

    Please post it so we can see how many times i nicely asked for help, and the conversation was completely derailed any time i said anything close to "its ok guys, i know the basics youre talking about, and i noted them in my original statement."
    Random4lyf wrote: »
    Several people spent about 2-3 hours trying to teach this guy. And he still stood resolute. I've unbanned him from the discord. But there are many skilled players in there, several of which really did try to teach them.

    Here is something Lori was saying without his comments in between. Because when you're banned from discord all messages within X time frame get removed - ZdO6MAH.png

    Yes they did spend 4-5 hours over two days trying to teach me. i appreciate that. The problem was the derailing every time i said "ok i got this part, and i had mentioned it in my original statement. My trolling was neither justified nor wrong from my POV. I have no doubt whatsoever that the people that tried to help me are better than i am. But why exactly would i be expected to keep a nice tone when people keep derailing the conversation over small things? Saying "ive got the foundation for dodging and evasion down, i just need to figure out a way around desyncs/lag and ill be good" isnt a claim that im godly and everyone else is trash. Im not justified for having the bad tone, but i certainly dont consider what i did WRONG. Outside of calling that one dude the internet meme form of [filtered] with no seriousness at all. That was purely out of spite since he was making a point to lace 2-3 responses with some form of "youre new and youre garbage." Thats all irrelevant to the thread. New aside, skill aside, i can learn. Im capable of that. I just need a solid foundation in which to work. No derailing.
    W7GNYAP55A wrote: »
    To the folks who are reading this, this isn't as innocent as how he puts it. Him, and half of that discord were trashing the OP. They weren't just "pointing out," they were harassing him and pointing out his faults with finger pointing. This lead to an on-slaughter of abrupt attitudes of 1 vs. 1421515.

    After not being able to handle it anymore, I assume it was idioticGenius who banned him because he felt his criticism (which it wasn't, it was more of an attack) didn't get accepted. Instead of just moving on, he had to take it a step further and hit the ban hammer. While he's not obligated to let OP stay or get kicked, the entire discord was run by attitudes for several minutes to an hour. Even when things already settled, they follow suit to this forum to continue the discussion and on-slaughter.

    He had mod power, which could of been stopped, instead he was the one who promoted it and then escalated it by banning because he didn't appreciate the OP wasn't receiving their nasty criticisms and attacks.

    Just my speculation when I was in the channel, a happy by stander who wants to give the correct view of what actually is going on and happened. Instead of nicely saying, "Alright, I understand that's your point of view." And moving on, you have these man-childs literally pretending they're the best PvP'ers in the game, inferior, and trying to inject their viewpoint on someone else by force or get banned.

    Hold that thought mate. I do appreciate their attempts to help. I do agree alot of them derailed things when i so much as mentioned the experience i have with other games, carrying over to Tera. It needs some adaptation for how Tera works, but so far ive seen positive results.

    I do NOT agree that they were necessarily harassing me. They did make it obvious how they felt about my attitude, and instead of using my stream to give advice, they just said "lol ur bad" over stuff. I returned their attitude with attitude of my own. Im not innocent in this, dont get that idea please. I dont consider myself wrong perse, but i certainly wasnt in the right for my hostility.
  • AsrahAsrah ✭✭
    When I was first alerted about the whole thing, it was about how you kept saying you were stunned out of no where at the corner. People gave different speculations and tried to help out:

    Someone may have been invisible since reapers have invisibility skill, and Gridiron has invisibility stone.

    I accepted that the first time, but it became the go-to reason people gave for why i was being hit. What i was actually hit by was a bomb. First thing was "you were killed by X" without seeing the -X number that signifies taking player damage. Does that show when they are invisible?
    There may have been desyncs or lag, causing animations not display correctly. Then you kept talking about bad netcoding-- this is known to many players, regardless of PvE or PvP, yet there are other people doing fine despite that.

    Yes there are, and i asked for help regarding desyncs, just to be continuously told "well other people do it just fine" and "look i got a 4 kill streak!" instead of giving me any ideas. I appreciate that they took the time to respond at all, but that didnt exactly help.
    We also covered how some classes have absurd CC range. You literally ignored this, simply because you didn't see any "fancy animation for it" on your screen.

    i mean you can talk bad all you want but people have clearly said few things you refused to pick up:

    Stay with group, don't go straying alone.

    But watching you stream, with 5 or 6 other people, you were being stubborn about how you try to flank others.

    I did state later that the point was discovery. not doing "well" or "good." I know what i was doing was bad, there was nothing to pick up. But, i appreciate that offers. I was being stupid about it on purpose to try and hopefully pick up on some player habits. It was obvious after 1-2 deaths that trying to go in on someone solo wasnt going to work if i dont know the match up, or get teamed. I talked bad out of spite for the constant derailing. I guarantee you they are all literally and legitimately far better than i am at this game.
    We made some pointers of what you were doing wrong as well.

    You've only got half of the correct crystals, and complained about how others do much more damage compared to you. It looks like someone else already suggested crystals (savage, forceful, grieving, -wildcard-), but you still kept yours that way. I think they mentioned swift for wildcard. I'll be honest, i didn't know cruel and brutal doesn't work well on ninja, simply because I don't PvP enough. I can understand that you can't afford to have Niveots, but if you're crying over how you're inferior compared to others because of that, I don't know how to help you in that situation. It just can't be helped when you're basically getting "out-geared". I don't know how much those differences affect in PvP, but at least in PvE, cruxes to Niveots to Dyads can be significant.

    Ill keep all that in mind, thank you. I dont think im inferior because of that. I was misunderstanding the nature of "equalized" to mean "stats and ability coefficients" when it only refers to stats. I thought the 50-131k crits i was eating was due to people having better gear, item rolls, ilvl, etc. I was wrong.
    You were chasing an archer that clearly saw you, and you've ran into their stun trap.

    I saw someone for a brief second. My stream was 60FPS, but i was playing at 20FPS. You got to see things at a more noticeable rate than i did.

    [/quote]You tried to 1v1 a warrior, claiming that warrior was hacking or something when they stunned you with battle cry.[/quote]

    Wasnt about the warrior, and noone said hacking. I dont recall which specific fight that was about
    You kept using bladestorm as an engagement tool when target is more than 15m away. You're better off using decoy jutsu> flame bomb> bladestorm or something.

    My thought process was "well with netcode the way it is, might as well keep em in one general spot if i can, so my decoy jutsu doesnt put me 5M+ behind them" Barely anyone stood still, and i kept being out of range for follow up when using Decoy Jutsu. I tried it that way ALOT on the stream.
    You ran (jagged path) into a sorcerer clearly when their lightning trap was up in front of them.

    Again 60FPS stream, 20FPS play. I also didnt know what that was.
    You kept saying skill is irrelevant-- but it's PvP, how is skill not irrelevant? Maybe it's true since you lack experience.

    It seems true in Grid, because people walk around dealing 50-131k crits. No matter how many times i evaded peoples skills in Grid, if they hit me ONCE, i was dead. Come on, we arent gonna call 100-0 perma CC combos skillful are we? I mean sure, it takes skill to do them, but if your opponent cant fight back, thats just abusive game mechanics. Thats the devs issue though. I understand and respect a players desire to use tools given to them.
    You clearly lack knowledge of watching people's movement and animations when they are using skills. One good example is that you kept loitering around a popori archer holding his bow up, indicating that he was charging a skill (radiant arrow or penetrating arrow).

    20FPS play comes to mind mate lol. I didnt see things nearly as smoothly as you did on the stream. I didnt get to see most animations, i didnt see ANY animations when a warrior would backstab me.
    PvP is a game of mind. You have to toy with the opponent's thoughts and think ahead. It's hard to believe that you claim to play PvP in other games and still don't understand that concept. I had no issues with you, but seeing how you kept talking back to others who were trying to point out what you might have done wrong was not a good sight at all.

    Yeah and thats how you play Rogue, and how ive played Rogue for years. Believe what you want. But, not everything i know will come to fruition on the first day of PVP in Tera. I need to know how to adapt the skills ive brought with me to how Tera works. Thats what im working on right now.

  • AsrahAsrah ✭✭
    When I was first alerted about the whole thing, it was about how you kept saying you were stunned out of no where at the corner. People gave different speculations and tried to help out:

    Someone may have been invisible since reapers have invisibility skill, and Gridiron has invisibility stone.

    I accepted that the first time, but it became the go-to reason people gave for why i was being hit. What i was actually hit by was a bomb. First thing was "you were killed by X" without seeing the -X number that signifies taking player damage. Does that show when they are invisible?
    There may have been desyncs or lag, causing animations not display correctly. Then you kept talking about bad netcoding-- this is known to many players, regardless of PvE or PvP, yet there are other people doing fine despite that.

    Yes there are, and i asked for help regarding desyncs, just to be continuously told "well other people do it just fine" and "look i got a 4 kill streak!" instead of giving me any ideas. I appreciate that they took the time to respond at all, but that didnt exactly help.
    We also covered how some classes have absurd CC range. You literally ignored this, simply because you didn't see any "fancy animation for it" on your screen.

    i mean you can talk bad all you want but people have clearly said few things you refused to pick up:

    Stay with group, don't go straying alone.

    But watching you stream, with 5 or 6 other people, you were being stubborn about how you try to flank others.

    I did state later that the point was discovery. not doing "well" or "good." I know what i was doing was bad, there was nothing to pick up. But, i appreciate that offers. I was being stupid about it on purpose to try and hopefully pick up on some player habits. It was obvious after 1-2 deaths that trying to go in on someone solo wasnt going to work if i dont know the match up, or get teamed. I talked bad out of spite for the constant derailing. I guarantee you they are all literally and legitimately far better than i am at this game.
    We made some pointers of what you were doing wrong as well.

    You've only got half of the correct crystals, and complained about how others do much more damage compared to you. It looks like someone else already suggested crystals (savage, forceful, grieving, -wildcard-), but you still kept yours that way. I think they mentioned swift for wildcard. I'll be honest, i didn't know cruel and brutal doesn't work well on ninja, simply because I don't PvP enough. I can understand that you can't afford to have Niveots, but if you're crying over how you're inferior compared to others because of that, I don't know how to help you in that situation. It just can't be helped when you're basically getting "out-geared". I don't know how much those differences affect in PvP, but at least in PvE, cruxes to Niveots to Dyads can be significant.

    Ill keep all that in mind, thank you. I dont think im inferior because of that. I was misunderstanding the nature of "equalized" to mean "stats and ability coefficients" when it only refers to stats. I thought the 50-131k crits i was eating was due to people having better gear, item rolls, ilvl, etc. I was wrong.
    You were chasing an archer that clearly saw you, and you've ran into their stun trap.

    I saw someone for a brief second. My stream was 60FPS, but i was playing at 20FPS. You got to see things at a more noticeable rate than i did.

    [/quote]You tried to 1v1 a warrior, claiming that warrior was hacking or something when they stunned you with battle cry.[/quote]

    Wasnt about the warrior, and noone said hacking. I dont recall which specific fight that was about
    You kept using bladestorm as an engagement tool when target is more than 15m away. You're better off using decoy jutsu> flame bomb> bladestorm or something.

    My thought process was "well with netcode the way it is, might as well keep em in one general spot if i can, so my decoy jutsu doesnt put me 5M+ behind them" Barely anyone stood still, and i kept being out of range for follow up when using Decoy Jutsu. I tried it that way ALOT on the stream.
    You ran (jagged path) into a sorcerer clearly when their lightning trap was up in front of them.

    Again 60FPS stream, 20FPS play. I also didnt know what that was.
    You kept saying skill is irrelevant-- but it's PvP, how is skill not irrelevant? Maybe it's true since you lack experience.

    It seems true in Grid, because people walk around dealing 50-131k crits. No matter how many times i evaded peoples skills in Grid, if they hit me ONCE, i was dead. Come on, we arent gonna call 100-0 perma CC combos skillful are we? I mean sure, it takes skill to do them, but if your opponent cant fight back, thats just abusive game mechanics. Thats the devs issue though. I understand and respect a players desire to use tools given to them.
    You clearly lack knowledge of watching people's movement and animations when they are using skills. One good example is that you kept loitering around a popori archer holding his bow up, indicating that he was charging a skill (radiant arrow or penetrating arrow).

    20FPS play comes to mind mate lol. I didnt see things nearly as smoothly as you did on the stream. I didnt get to see most animations, i didnt see ANY animations when a warrior would backstab me.
    PvP is a game of mind. You have to toy with the opponent's thoughts and think ahead. It's hard to believe that you claim to play PvP in other games and still don't understand that concept. I had no issues with you, but seeing how you kept talking back to others who were trying to point out what you might have done wrong was not a good sight at all.

    Yeah and thats how you play Rogue, and how ive played Rogue for years. Believe what you want. But, not everything i know will come to fruition on the first day of PVP in Tera. I need to know how to adapt the skills ive brought with me to how Tera works. Thats what im working on right now.

    Edit: Reposted cause editing a BBcode fail nuked the post o.O

  • TheCatalystTheCatalyst ✭✭✭
    Discord is for the weak.

    Global chat is better
    :p
  • why you quit WoW lol? there is no toxic ppl in that game? Tera is not for sensitive people, trust me toxicity here is [filtered] real and you have to deal with it, sorry for your bad experience
This discussion has been closed.