There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Fashion Coupon Update?

Comments

• BabbelsimBabbelsim ✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    ElinLove wrote: »
    [...] Also, we need to identify if the one we have found is a permanent versions, a 30-Day versions, a 7-Day versions, a 3-Day versions, or 1-Day versions, to ensure we're adding the one that we intend.

I hope the one you guys intend, is the permanent one.
    Please be the permanent one...

Yeah, lol.
    It wouldn't be very nice to add in new skins / costumes that have never been seen before, just to make them Single Day versions with a large fashion coupon cost. ;)

What if we added the temporary ones at a lower cost on some of them though? How would folks feel about that?

that would be a big NO for me ty, been wanting a perma fiery halo for a long time its always been a 30 day one :<
  • LaemieLaemie ✭✭
    edited February 26
    Yeah iv never liked temp cosmetics myself, maybe it'd work better in form of that promo box you guys put in the calendar. When i buy a costume i tend to put it there and use it once in awhile, i change costumes pretty often and i like the feeling of not being forced to use the costume as much as i could before its gone... < Really hate hate! this feeling!

I dont think iv ever used any temp costumes in my Tera lyfe, i just threw them away when i got them. Just my opinion.
  • WadiWadi ✭✭
    Someone mentioned on discord that temporary costumes could help while people were leveling. i think it could work though. it seems like a ton of extra work for something that won't be used that often though.
  • Babbelsim wrote: »
    that would be a big NO for me ty, been wanting a perma firey halo for a long time its always been a 30 day one :<

You already had a chance to get the permanent version. If you want it that bad buy it off the broker.
  • LJ5HJXRCCL wrote: »
    Babbelsim wrote: »
    that would be a big NO for me ty, been wanting a perma firey halo for a long time its always been a 30 day one :<

You already had a chance to get the permanent version. If you want it that bad buy it off the broker.

first of, i didnt know there even was a perma one and second there is none on the broker on my server atm
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »
    [...] Also, we need to identify if the one we have found is a permanent versions, a 30-Day versions, a 7-Day versions, a 3-Day versions, or 1-Day versions, to ensure we're adding the one that we intend.

I hope the one you guys intend, is the permanent one.
    Please be the permanent one...

Yeah, lol.
    It wouldn't be very nice to add in new skins / costumes that have never been seen before, just to make them Single Day versions with a large fashion coupon cost. ;)

What if we added the temporary ones at a lower cost on some of them though? How would folks feel about that?

It has it's advantages for sure (like, considering the way it's going to be: the permanent and a cheaper temporary), but I get it that many people would feel like getting ripped off on the permanent one, even if it's the same price as the other normal permanent ones (which it should). More of a psychological thing than logical, if we still have both options but the temporary one is cheaper than perm. tho it does have to be cheaper, not the other one being more expensive. (Sounds confusing but I think you kinda get what I mean with the above, as in the permanent ones are normal price of current permanents, but temps are cheaper than this current normal).
  • Although it was mentioned a few times to the EME staff that all the IDs for weapon models are in Tera Database, so for no reason they had to spend time digging the IDs manually to make them into skins for the fashion coupon shop. Of course we only need the base models, and not every recolor of the same, or maybe only one recolor of each base model and all their IDs are on that website.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    [...] Regardless of what tools it takes to do it and how fast it is to enter the items (which, btw, is a horribly manual process - don't for a second think it's "easy" to do, even if it doesn't require a build).

Assumptions about how "easy" or "difficult" a task can be is based PURELY ON SPECULATION. Unless you have worked at EME and used the tools we use and walked a mile in our shoes, you probably shouldn't make assessments about how long something takes. [...]

Nah I call this BS, the team from Goat MMO Simulator did it in a few clicks on the compiler, you guys are faking it!

100% legit, if they can you can too!
    THIS IS OBVIOUSLY A JOKE
  • I'd like to clear this up though - back in October I said we would commit to adding these to the product roadmap and accomplishing them. I did NOT give a solid timeline nor did I say they'd all be done in the next couple months. So it's been 4 months - we removed Fed bills and moved all the items to another shop because it was yet ANOTHER currency that had no intent or meaning behind it; we are finalizing what may be the first of a few updates to Fashion Coupon shop for today/tomorrow/Wednesday (not sure which day - all based on prioritized workload for our small team).

I understand it feels like an eternity and I can't speak for what happened from prior Product Managers or CMs, but THIS TEAM is working hard on it (and especially @CobaltDragon - he will be hailed as a hero when this is done).

I just wanted to give that update as well. My attempt at being transparent about what we are working on and what we plan on working on is backfiring in that there is an entitled expectation that this is ALL we are working on, which obviously couldn't be further from the truth. Regardless of what tools it takes to do it and how fast it is to enter the items (which, btw, is a horribly manual process - don't for a second think it's "easy" to do, even if it doesn't require a build).

Assumptions about how "easy" or "difficult" a task can be is based PURELY ON SPECULATION. Unless you have worked at EME and used the tools we use and walked a mile in our shoes, you probably shouldn't make assessments about how long something takes.

I've said it before and I'll say it again,

Patience, young padawans. All will be OK.

I think that most people would agree with what I am about to say.

If, once the male brawler is released, all the TERA team did was work on the fashion coupon updates, ace dungeon store updates and vanguard store updates from March until June (or the next major patch) and turned on Double Vanguard Rewards as the only event during that period, I think a lot of people would be very happy because you would be delivering things that the playerbase have been asking the TERA team to deliver for a long time.

I accept that it might seem boring from an events perspective. I accept it might seem boring from a news perspective. I accept that the powers at be might see my proposal as boring. But, the team would be seen as legends at this point after everything that has gone down over the last year or so.

It's like BHS with the Talismans system in KTERA right now. They literally could have said to the KTERA playerbase that all they were going to do from now until July is optimise the game, and people would have called them legends because it's been 6 years of asking.
  • ZoknahalZoknahal ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the transparency from the EME staff in this thread. Cobaltdragon it's been really on point lately, and I would like to believe that if cobaltdragon delivers the fashion coupon update with most of what the playerbase suggested and requested, and seandynamite delivers the updated elite status based on player feedback, both of em would be considered as heroes.

But as of right now, I would like to suggest that for the future, when it comes to in game shops, please let the playerbase participate from its updating. We are the ones who play the game and been here for the longest, so allowing some players to participate of the process of updating in game dhops, would be beneficial for both the playerbase and EME from my point if view.
  • Zoknahal wrote: »
    I would like to suggest that for the future, when it comes to in game shops, please let the playerbase participate from its updating. We are the ones who play the game and been here for the longest, so allowing some players to participate of the process of updating in game dhops, would be beneficial for both the playerbase and EME from my point if view.

Did this not count ? :p

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/15266/names-and-pictures-of-weapon-models-that-are-not-yet-skins-but-hopefully-can-become-skins-wip/p1

https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/1434/screenshots-of-fashion-coupon-ninja-items/p1
  • Babbelsim wrote: »
    LJ5HJXRCCL wrote: »
    Babbelsim wrote: »

first of, i didnt know there even was a perma one and second there is none on the broker on my server atm

That's because it was a bonus from Golden Gift Boxes a few years ago, and it was a high-tiered bonus to boot. Chances are the few that were obtained as such have either been sold/used already.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just wanted to give that update as well. My attempt at being transparent about what we are working on and what we plan on working on is backfiring in that there is an entitled expectation that this is ALL we are working on, which obviously couldn't be further from the truth. Regardless of what tools it takes to do it and how fast it is to enter the items (which, btw, is a horribly manual process - don't for a second think it's "easy" to do, even if it doesn't require a build).

This is perfectly acceptable transparency. The problem is it's the first acceptable transparency you've given. If you just do this, then we are perfectly happy to say, "thank you for keeping us in the loop, we look forward to this thing we've been asking for, for over 2 years!"

Thank you for the response. It is appreciated.

Yes, those count. However, there's not even a staff response in one of them, and the other was LOCKED by a moderator, so how are we to know that you've acknowledged it? From our perspective it looks like empty exchanges between players, especially when a mod locks one.

You can see how that leads to pent-up frustration boiling over.

• What i would like to know is if they are going to remove the restriction on some clases (like gunner for example) that can't wear all the metal costumes :P
  • counterpointcounterpoint ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 26
    Shinamy wrote: »
    What i would like to know is if they are going to remove the restriction on some clases (like gunner for example) that can't wear all the metal costumes :P

My guess is that only BHS can do this, since I think it has to do with the way they internally remap costumes to give Gunner its unique look. (Even if they unlocked the costumes, they'd just be remapped to the gunner look instead, I think. That's how it worked in other similar cases.)