[PC] Maintenance is now complete!

Necroing Thread Feedback

Can we please just auto lock threads after a couple months of no replies? There’s been so many necros lately it’s driving me insane.

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    The funniest one was a thread that the forum system itself necroed and spammed 4x the same comment, almost a year later.

Tho some of them are people blatantly clicking on the page 640/641 dunno which is last now and posting something. Could be the system's anti-spam edit filtering tho
  • ViennoiserieViennoiserie ✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    It's great. Keeps moderators alert.
    But not rly. lul
    One known player did this before but since he/she had 'popularity immunity', not even punished unlike the other guy behind bars :p
  • Sure, sure
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    An MMO I used to play had a forum bot which locked threads automatically if someone posted in them a week or so after that thread became inactive. I think it automatically suspended the offenders as well. It was a pretty useful system.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    The funniest one was a thread that the forum system itself necroed and spammed 4x the same comment, almost a year later.

Tho some of them are people blatantly clicking on the page 640/641 dunno which is last now and posting something. Could be the system's anti-spam edit filtering tho

The "forum system" doesn't post. It's not a self-aware entity. If you're referring to posts by users with a random assortment of numbers and letters, those are just people who haven't set up their username. Many people either don't know how or don't feel the need to do so.
    It's great. Keeps moderators alert.
    But not rly. lul
    One known player did this before but since he/she had 'popularity immunity', not even punished unlike the other guy behind bars :p

Nobody here is "known". Nobody here has "popularity immunity".

No, I do mean that the user himself, posted the comment in May/March 2017, and then today or yesterday the system made 4 copies of the same comment by that exact same user, I do remember seeing that I posted a comment and it would duplicate it for no reason every now and then, and it seems the forum system did that thing again but 4x and after 1 year (huehue).
    Mods deleted the 4 copies and locked the thread but it did happen.

Also yes, once in a while Seraphinush or who was it (can't recall name precisely) just for the lulz necroed some threads for no other apparent reason, but no restrictions. Won't deny too that the chat system may have done some weirdass crap like it did with the 4 copies yesterday/today
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    An MMO I used to play had a forum bot which locked threads automatically if someone posted in them a week or so after that thread became inactive. I think it automatically suspended the offenders as well. It was a pretty useful system.

nope it is [filtered] system to suspend someone because he post in the wrong thread, do that and people will go to reddit

in the old tera forum minea auto lock thread of one month old
  • vkobe wrote: »
    in the old tera forum minea auto lock thread of one month old

The old forum just did this natively as a feature. Maybe Vanilla forums has a similar option or a plugin that can do it.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    nope it is [filtered] system to suspend someone because he post in the wrong thread, do that and people will go to reddit

There is absolutely nothing wrong with suspending someone for that. Don't give me that "post in the wrong thread" nonsense. People know exactly what they're doing when they deliberately seek out and post in a thread that's been inactive for several months. That's a "mistake" you have to try to make. If being suspended for 24, 48, or however many hours drives them off to reddit, I'd say nothing of value was lost.

I think first a warning is needed, if the offender incur in this fault again then a temporal suspension is in order.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018

There is absolutely nothing wrong with suspending someone for that. Don't give me that "post in the wrong thread" nonsense. People know exactly what they're doing when they deliberately seek out and post in a thread that's been inactive for several months. That's a "mistake" you have to try to make. If being suspended for 24, 48, or however many hours drives them off to reddit, I'd say nothing of value was lost.

sorry man but it is very [filtered], you suspend a new player who post in 2017 elin gunner thread, because the poor guys used google to have some infos and google refer him to 2017 elin gunner thread and the guys asked some infos about elin gunner and you suspend him, because this mistake ? if you want convince new player to not play tera good suspend them all, because they asked questions in old threads :/

you know than reddit will become with time a bigger forum for tera while than our forum lost members, so do you really want reddit to be the reference for tera ?
  • vkobe wrote: »

sorry man but it is very [filtered], you suspend a new player who post in 2017 elin gunner thread, because the poor guys used google to have some infos and google refer him to 2017 elin gunner thread and the guys asked some infos about elin gunner and you suspend him, because this mistake ? if you want convince new player to not play tera good suspend them all, because they asked questions in old threads :/

I don't think there's any evidence that they're suspending anyone for any real length of time for a first-time offense like that. What people were doing here was purposefully going to the last page and bumping threads just to troll. That's different.

• vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't think there's any evidence that they're suspending anyone for any real length of time for a first-time offense like that. What people were doing here was purposefully going to the last page and bumping threads just to troll. That's different.

i answer to equitas not you

i know how our forum work and i know than the dudes trolled our forum

but i know also than some new players or returning players necro some threads, because they look for some infos, for exemple elin gunner, new enchantment system, server merge, etc
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    I think first a warning is needed, if the offender incur in this fault again then a temporal suspension is in order.

If you must.

you know than reddit will become with time a bigger forum for tera while than our forum lost members, so do you really want reddit to be the reference for tera ?

If someone was actually searching for an answer, they would have found it. If they couldn't find it, and felt the need to create an account on these forums, they automatically agree to these rules. I'm almost certain you're going to reply with "What if they didn't read the rules?" It doesn't matter. By continuing to use this company's service, you agree to follow their rules regardless of whether or not you've read them. Besides, if they can't read, it won't matter how we tell them to "play tera good" anyway. We won't have lost anything if these kind of people decide to run to reddit.

last time i remember i never created a account on this forum, i created a account for my game and for a mysterious reason it automatically registed in this forum :)

well if you dont see yet our tera is in very bad shape, so lets go convince more people to quit tera :)

and have fun with dead forum :)

and so many of these kind of people on reddit who stopped to post here are veteran players who have more knowledge than you about tera :)
This discussion has been closed.