What I really want to know is, will there be any "pre-order"/limited time offers on console launch?

I'm sure there are more than a few of us who have a rather tight budget at times and I was curious if I should expect any limited
cosmetics/offers/etc with the launch and if so what price ranges so I can plan ahead. I will definitely be supporting the game and
investing in a Elite status, especially for the early XP perks to make the most of my time.

Has anyone heard anything about maybe some unique mounts, weapon skins, armour cosmetics, etc or even just bulk order
discounts that will only be available at launch?

Cheers in advance.

Comments

• i think maybe they gonna do like they did on PC , you gonna be able to buy a founder pack and get some itens that others who didnt bought aint gonna have it .
  • edited February 27
    More details will get announced as we get closer. Once something has been posted, I'll add this question to the Console Frequently Asked Question Thread
  • edited February 27
    I would like that...I did that for Skyforge when it was coming out for console pre-ordered a founder pack so I could play the game earlier then its official release
  • Founder's packs with founders title and perks please. Cosmetics are nice and all but more character slots and inventory space would be a godsend like on pc.
  • Founder's packs with founders title and perks please. Cosmetics are nice and all but more character slots and inventory space would be a godsend like on pc.

This is what I was talking about with discounted gear. I think it would be likely there is a few things like this. At least 2 slots I think would be reasonable anything more is likely more than most people will use. Titles are cool I guess, I'm the kind of person who is more likely to use earned titles over purchased ones though and I'm willing to wager this is more common but totally subjective and wouldn't hurt.

Main things I would want are weapon skins, mounts, slots and some EME and some discounted Elite Status. I don't know what else they could put in that would be interesting after a few months play.

They have likely already decided what will be in any possible packs though so I feel like discussing it is kind of pointless. -_-
  • What i really hope is that if they add a founder pack it cost around 30$ nothing more than that , cuz i think yall know that in the Brazilian PSN theres alot of inflation , so these 30$ become R$ 200,00 (and thats alot) to us so if they add a founder pack or elite status more than that 90% who play on our region aint gonna be able to pay. ^^
  • Apoiado
  • WCWKXCHTTG wrote: »
    What i really hope is that if they add a founder pack it cost around 30$ nothing more than that , cuz i think yall know that in the Brazilian PSN theres alot of inflation , so these 30$ become R$ 200,00 (and thats alot) to us so if they add a founder pack or elite status more than that 90% who play on our region aint gonna be able to pay. ^^

I hope regardless of a Founders Pack that they offer discounted Elite Status for the first month when they go live. If you donlt have the money to waste on cosmetics, at least then you will hopefully be able to pick up the VIP to still support the game devs if you want to and also snag a lot of benefits to get you to end game faster.
  • I would like that...I did that for Skyforge when it was coming out for console pre-ordered a founder pack so I could play the game earlier then its official release

There's no way they could do that, it's already so close to release, these guys are likely working around the clock crunching hard to get us a stable Beta and the moment those servers close, they will be crunching again to get the game to launch within barely a month if predictions based on previous trends pan out.

Besides I personally find those early access purchases a scam as well as an unfair headstart that nears on pay-to-win. But that's just my opinion on it.
  • I would like that...I did that for Skyforge when it was coming out for console pre-ordered a founder pack so I could play the game earlier then its official release

There's no way they could do that, it's already so close to release, these guys are likely working around the clock crunching hard to get us a stable Beta and the moment those servers close, they will be crunching again to get the game to launch within barely a month if predictions based on previous trends pan out.

Besides I personally find those early access purchases a scam as well as an unfair headstart that nears on pay-to-win. But that's just my opinion on it.

Well not my fault I saved money for things like that... *shrugs* it was just a suggestion, either way, I'm playing on day one!
  • For sure mate, I'll be right t here with you as long as there's no PSN outage, or download issues :3

It seems like these guys have been working hard to make sure this goes smoothly though so I doubt we will see any major hiccups.
  • Jinto02Jinto02 ✭✭
    > @VektorWithak said:
    > DemonStarlight wrote: »
    >
    > I would like that...I did that for Skyforge when it was coming out for console pre-ordered a founder pack so I could play the game earlier then its official release
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > There's no way they could do that, it's already so close to release, these guys are likely working around the clock crunching hard to get us a stable Beta and the moment those servers close, they will be crunching again to get the game to launch within barely a month if predictions based on previous trends pan out.
    >
    > Besides I personally find those early access purchases a scam as well as an unfair headstart that nears on pay-to-win. But that's just my opinion on it.

Ahhh pay to win is a mild stretch.. very few founder packs ever have "something" a non founder could not get in the game ie if u got a exclusive founder mount you still have access to mounts as a non founder. I see it as a way to give a little skin in the game with the hope the game turns out good..... for all those founder packs for all the failed mmos I've played sigh. But I've always felt every founder packs I've gotten was pretty fair. Except eq next or w/e that pos Minecraft clone was.... that was a utter complete waste of money. Dam u daybreak games
  • No the part I felt was leaning on the edge of P2W was early access in progression based games as that slight lead can make a huge difference, from earlier entry to higher level content which you can usually get rarer gear from and if any of this is able to be tradad, the limited quantities during new content releases tends to lead to easy profits which again would snowball a savvy player. It's not direct power, but especially in a group of players it can become a significant advantage all because they paid to get earlier access.

Otherwise I'm all for founders pack exclusives that are not gameplay related.
  • Jinto02Jinto02 ✭✭
    That's fair I can see your point getting to 50 in bdo was a huge advantage with early access which lead to more stones for plusing gear w/o having to first level up if I didn't have early access
  • No the part I felt was leaning on the edge of P2W was early access in progression based games as that slight lead can make a huge difference, from earlier entry to higher level content which you can usually get rarer gear from and if any of this is able to be tradad, the limited quantities during new content releases tends to lead to easy profits which again would snowball a savvy player. It's not direct power, but especially in a group of players it can become a significant advantage all because they paid to get earlier access.

Otherwise I'm all for founders pack exclusives that are not gameplay related.

When we say "Early acess" , its something like 2 days early not 1 or 2 weeks , i dont think that 2 days gonna be a huge advantage