There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Necroing Thread Feedback

24

Comments

  • edited February 28
    vkobe wrote: »
    Equitas wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    nope it is [filtered] system to suspend someone because he post in the wrong thread, do that and people will go to reddit

    There is absolutely nothing wrong with suspending someone for that. Don't give me that "post in the wrong thread" nonsense. People know exactly what they're doing when they deliberately seek out and post in a thread that's been inactive for several months. That's a "mistake" you have to try to make. If being suspended for 24, 48, or however many hours drives them off to reddit, I'd say nothing of value was lost.

    sorry man but it is very [filtered], you suspend a new player who post in 2017 elin gunner thread, because the poor guys used google to have some infos and google refer him to 2017 elin gunner thread and the guys asked some infos about elin gunner and you suspend him, because this mistake ? if you want convince new player to not play tera good suspend them all, because they asked questions in old threads :/

    I don't think there's any evidence that they're suspending anyone for any real length of time for a first-time offense like that. What people were doing here was purposefully going to the last page and bumping threads just to troll. That's different.

    @counterpoint could you PM me please as id like to send you a PM on this matter but cannot send one to you
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    vkobe wrote: »
    last time i remember i never created a account on this forum, i created a account for my game and for a mysterious reason it automatically registed in this forum :)

    well if you dont see yet our tera is in very bad shape, so lets go convince more people to quit tera :)

    and have fun with dead forum :)

    and so many of these kind of people on reddit who stopped to post here are veteran players who have more knowledge than you about tera :)

    Registering a game account also registers a forum account, yes. What's your point? This doesn't grant you immunity from the forum rules. You still have to follow them if you're going to use the forum. TERA is in a bad place right now, yes. What's your point? Letting people come in and post in threads that have long since been inactive isn't going to save this game. If they can't be bothered to read community guidelines, if they get bent over being warned/suspended and quit because they couldn't be bothered to read and follow community guidelines, then nothing of value was lost. These kind of people were highly unlikely to contribute to the game in any relevant way anyway. The same goes for all the useless trashposting that goes on around here. This forum isn't going to die because we don't let people post in threads nobody is paying attention to anymore. The last bit is absolutely laughable. There aren't "so many of these kind of people" on reddit. There's about a dozen people. Most of them offer nothing more than sarcastic responses and trashposts. A few of them are genuinely helpful. Anyone else that goes there is a new player, or returning from a long time away, and they end up posting their questions here anyway. In new threads, mind you.

    my point it is very [filtered] to think than post in old thread to ask question or infos=spam, trolling, insult

    if it is you really think you have a serious problem

    since severals month i dont see we are really better, we are only some dozens here to post every day, is long time i dont see some veterans posting here
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    my point it is very [filtered] to think than post in old thread to ask question or infos=spam, trolling, insult

    if it is you really think you have a serious problem

    since severals month i dont see we are really better, we are only some dozens here to post every day, is long time i dont see some veterans posting here

    Not once did I say that asking a question equated to any of those things. How you even came to that conclusion is beyond me. What I said was that dredging up old posts is against the rules, which it is. What I also said is that people who can't be bothered to read aren't going to be of much value to this community. I think you are the one with the problem here, and that problem is the inability to read. I'm seeing a pattern here. Why don't you do us a favor and dismiss yourself to reddit?
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Equitas wrote: »
    An MMO I used to play had a forum bot which locked threads automatically if someone posted in them a week or so after that thread became inactive. I think it automatically suspended the offenders as well. It was a pretty useful system.

    in this post you asked to ban someone who ask a question or infos in a old post :)

    who said i didnt already ? :)
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭✭
    vkobe wrote: »
    in this post you asked to ban someone who ask a question or infos in a old post :)

    You've finally grasped the concept I layed out in the first place. You're only a day and several posts behind. Maybe if I sit here and continue trying to spoon feed you this information, you'll get the entirety of it before the weekend comes. Let me try to summarize what I've said thus far in easily digestible bullet points:
    • It's already against the rules to "necro" threads.
    • Whether or not someone has read the rules does not change the fact that forum rules apply to everyone using the forums.
    • One would have to intentionally seek out an old thread to post in, meaning they would have to deliberately try to "necro".
    • The excuse that offenders had a question isn't valid. See points 1-3.
    • Allowing people to necro posts isn't going to save TERA.
    • This forum should have a system which automatically locks threads after a set period of time of inactivity OR
    • Temporary suspensions should be issued to those who necro posts, with elevating suspension times to repeat offenders.

    I really tried to lay it out as simple as possible, because you keep trying to deviate with excuses or blatant misinterpretations of what I've said. If you still can't understand after this, then I have no choice but to consider you a lost cause. Not that I hadn't done that a long time ago anyway. It's actually extremely surprising to me right now that you managed to come up with something more than "cute elin".
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    it doesnt change than if the rule is [filtered] it stay a [filtered] rule, what you suggest it in

    Equitas wrote: »
    An MMO I used to play had a forum bot which locked threads automatically if someone posted in them a week or so after that thread became inactive. I think it automatically suspended the offenders as well. It was a pretty useful system.

    for the rule we should ban a player because he asked questions or infos in a one week inactive post, for me it stay [filtered] to think that :)

    the goal it is not to save tera, but to avoid than it going to die too fastly or if you prefer buy time before the end

    and my cute elin :)

    490222TERAScreenShot20170907104822.png



  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭✭
    Lost cause, just as I figured. Thankfully I can take comfort in the fact that I can go back to ignoring your useless posts, and knowing I at least tried to get through to you.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Equitas wrote: »
    Lost cause, just as I figured. Thankfully I can take comfort in the fact that I can go back to ignoring your useless posts, and knowing I at least tried to get through to you.

    good to know you love stupid rule and be ruled by stupid rule, people will love to abuse you for that, for the rule you will probably follow or do something of very stupid ;)
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    The deal is that the whole discussion has taken extremes and "you're wrong by disagreeing with me you idiot" turn as always.

    The system to auto-lock threads after 1 month of inactivity sounds great, and warn any user that bumps threads without actual content once, next time jail bars, 3rd time ban I agree.

    Ban straight on for posting actual content on an old thread is extreme, unnecessary and doesn't make sense. As stated, some people just google the stuff, end up in the page, see that it's what they wanted to talk about, post and only then they may see that they necroed a thread, or may just not know how long is the tolerance for necroing. threads. Banning an user for a 1st time offense is stupid in my view. Even troll bumps on last page, deserve a warning 1st or at worst the jail bars thing before an actual ban. You're not posting porn on the thread, you just took it from last page, there's a HUGE difference.

    Also as I stated before but I bet it was ignored: YES, the system CAN self-necro threads as well through it's spam filter. Just saw it a while ago that a year old thread suddenly re-appeared with the last response to it copied 4x again.
    No, it WASN'T the user, it was 4 exact copies, with the exact same user name one year later. I know about the random automatic name and it was the exact same automatic name, 1st a normal user post and then year later the copies. Sounds like spam filter acting up. Imagine auto-ban because the system acted up on you?

    Back to it: I'm in favor of auto-locking threads after 1 month of inactivity (and I do believe 1 month is a fair time for a thread being relevant, specially on bug reports, suggestions and such that the discussion doesn't move as fast), and to warn/jailbar users who bump threads for no reason, warning for bump, jailbars for necro-bumps just before 1 month auto locks and such.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Sometimes I find a thread through google or forum search and I almost forget to look at the post date. I can imagine for people that are not computer savy can easily make that mistake especially when english is not their first language.
  • It would appear that the one that necro'd some of the threads got jailed , and some of them that stated that him/her had done so got wiped from the forums , yep great rulz and executed with precision
  • EPJD66KN4C wrote: »
    It would appear that the one that necro'd some of the threads got jailed , and some of them that stated that him/her had done so got wiped from the forums , yep great rulz and executed with precision
    I posted this in another section, but the response would apply here too :

    For any of those effected player, I'd recommend making a Support Ticket, if you hadn't already.
    We already saw a few reports of the Forum's Spam Filter applying disciplinary to Accounts, even going as far as deleting threads / posts by those profiles.
    If you write in, we should be able to review the Forum Profile, and at the very least, remove the disciplinary action.
  • EPJD66KN4C wrote: »
    It would appear that the one that necro'd some of the threads got jailed , and some of them that stated that him/her had done so got wiped from the forums , yep great rulz and executed with precision
    I posted this in another section, but the response would apply here too :

    For any of those effected player, I'd recommend making a Support Ticket, if you hadn't already.
    We already saw a few reports of the Forum's Spam Filter applying disciplinary to Accounts, even going as far as deleting threads / posts by those profiles.
    If you write in, we should be able to review the Forum Profile, and at the very least, remove the disciplinary action.

    @CobaltDragon if you'd like to pm me as i know of one account that has sent tickets over the last three days with out being told anything nor the ability to see the post you refer to , and i haven't seen it either
  • And to add that account as we have seen so far has had every post deleted (except where it's been quoted) and can't even access the shop with the emps on that account
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    EPJD66KN4C wrote: »
    It would appear that the one that necro'd some of the threads got jailed , and some of them that stated that him/her had done so got wiped from the forums , yep great rulz and executed with precision
    I posted this in another section, but the response would apply here too :

    For any of those effected player, I'd recommend making a Support Ticket, if you hadn't already.
    We already saw a few reports of the Forum's Spam Filter applying disciplinary to Accounts, even going as far as deleting threads / posts by those profiles.
    If you write in, we should be able to review the Forum Profile, and at the very least, remove the disciplinary action.

    Thank you for your time @CobaltDragon this account has just had the suspension lifted,
    @counterpoint this was why you were asked for the pm earlier
    Thanks all
This discussion has been closed.