The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

K-Tera Talisman update cancelled!

Comments

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    clfarron4 wrote: »
    ^ Case in point: The Koreans were meming these two Sorc Talismans pretty hard

1) [All Skills] Increase Cooldowns on all skills by 85%, but on successful hits decrease cooldown by 0.1 seconds
    2) [Hailstorm] On successful cast, enable re-cast of this skill within 3 seconds, but increase cooldown by 53%

Rocket fueling rotations by reducing cooldowns, because why not.

====

In any event, you were looking at 300 million + gold to grind to get to a decent set of top tier talismans. And they might not even have been the ones you wanted.

no no hang on, was that a REAL idea, those two talismans? Or was it the community who invented them as a meme to troll the talisman thing?

I mean, I don't know what goes on about BHS anymore so I can't discern sarcasm/irony from real posts anymore
  • Ray676 wrote: »
    Rip any creative class builds. Talismans were going to be so cool, stupid korean players ruining the game

No dude, it was going to be absolute BS, take away stats we already have and have to grind to get them back? that is moronic, also consider that the talismans were made to work around talents, that no other region has.
  • admonituadmonitu ✭✭✭
    > @Ray676 said:
    > No duh there would be "optimal min/max" talsimans. There's min/max in every game. But that's obviously for people who care about min/maxing and pop consumables every fight. You can still play the game, not min/max and still do very good damage and pull good numbers. Just being competent on your class(es) is enough.
    >
    > So i'll say again, RIP any creative and fun builds that could have happened.

While creative builds are cool, this talisman was NOT the way to go. Maybe some other way thats not so cancerous.

Or maybe you are prepared to waste 750k for a chance to experiment with creative builds.
  • RathgarRathgar ✭✭✭
    Yay! I no longer have to contemplate retiring from Tera!
  • qqqqqqqqqq
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    ElinLove wrote: »

1) [All Skills] Increase Cooldowns on all skills by 85%, but on successful hits decrease cooldown by 0.1 seconds
    2) [Hailstorm] On successful cast, enable re-cast of this skill within 3 seconds, but increase cooldown by 53%

====

In any event, you were looking at 300 million + gold to grind to get to a decent set of top tier talismans. And they might not even have been the ones you wanted.

no no hang on, was that a REAL idea, those two talismans? Or was it the community who invented them as a meme to troll the talisman thing?

I mean, I don't know what goes on about BHS anymore so I can't discern sarcasm/irony from real posts anymore

Actually real. See the Sorcerer tab of the translated list by Idi0ticGenius.
  • I did not want to be negative about it on the forums and especially since EME is putting so much effort into Tera/NA/PC lately .. but i did thought about not playing at that time because .. reasons.

It was nice if it could be implemented but with a more realistic RNG where it was needed to farm but not up to the point where we could end up becoming zombies.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭

====

MY GOD, THAT'S KAMIZUMA'S MUSIC!!
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    I hope this is a wake-up call for the devs. Still, must be heartbreaking to put together something you thought was going to be fun and cool only to discover...not so much. To the point of complete rebellion by the playerbase.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Catservant wrote: »
    I hope this is a wake-up call for the devs. Still, must be heartbreaking to put together something you thought was going to be fun and cool only to discover...not so much. To the point of complete rebellion by the playerbase.

...tho, I'm wondering if they did feel it would be good to begin with, or if it was already a ploy since the start to later introduce grind-easing cash grabs. Not everyone works with good intentions. You can mask the good intentions as well. To be honest, in this case I do hope it wasn't good intentions at all, since well, it did get screwed.
    What I would feel sad about, was like some new class or such, that you really cannot imagine being made with intentions to screw up players, being terribly received. Like, it takes a lot of work, a lot of passion, a lot of coffee and way less sleep than is healthy, to make it all work the way you think is cool then "you guys zuccss trash gaem die all".

Still, I can understand the side of the developers seeing all their code going into the trash bin.

Eh I can't be that forgiving sorry, I can't even imagine them putting huge effort into it anyway...
  • YamazukiYamazuki ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    Ray676 wrote: »
    No duh there would be "optimal min/max" talsimans. There's min/max in every game. But that's obviously for people who care about min/maxing and pop consumables every fight. You can still play the game, not min/max and still do very good damage and pull good numbers. Just being competent on your class(es) is enough.

So i'll say again, RIP any creative and fun builds that could have happened.

The system wasn't "new", it was essentially what is available now being moved behind a grind wall. What ever you could do with said system can already be done now if you wanted.

Either way, if BHS truly wanted to provide diversity in play style there's always the glyph system, it could always be revamped with the grind from it removed and just treat it as a skill tree sort of thing. It's a basic thing that exists in a million games.
  • NikuroTega wrote: »
    Maybe now BHS can focus more on the second part of class awakening!

It was already on the roadmap in KR - so this has no effect on it.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    for those who argued "creative build" This was the result optimal build for Lancer

i14798660814.gif
  • HellsterHellster ✭✭
    You can still have creative builds, they would have just had to be really good at balancing.... which we know they aren't. Other MMO's such as WoW have had different viable builds for years. Not to mention people discover new ways to play classes quite frequently. I want to see more variability in Tera's gameplay, but the talisman method was not the answer.