The Maintenance on our PC Servers has completed. Servers are up and running, thank you for your patience!

[Discussion] March battleground calendar, no 3s or grid? Nerfed diamond? [updated]

HUGE EDIT:

The march battleground post has since been updated to include 2 crucial information points which explains the calendar more in detail of why.

1. Grid is being removed (will be replaced with new version in future)
2. Emeralds have an increased chance than diamonds so overall we should get better rewards

You can go ahead and ignore the bottom half of this post.

In case anyone didn't see, this is the calendar that EME has created for March.

Capture.PNG

Second, we are changing up what you can get in the jackpot. Jackpots in featured battlegrounds award one of the following:t:

Emeralds x5
Emeralds x5 ( this has a higher probability than what the Diamond had )
Superior Etching Box x1
Champions Enchanting Box x1
Precious Gem Box x1
Dragon Scales x2
We don't get a diamond anymore? I mean 5 emeralds is pretty good, but still sucks to lose that diamond jackpot. I think I would have preferred to see Emerald x10 instead of diamond so it encourages diamond crafters as well as gives people who aren't stormcry +5 to use emeralds for their gear instead of trying to trade diamonds for emeralds.

*EDIT: The post was updated to add the tidbit that emeralds are more common drop than diamonds were. I can accept that change.

Personally, I am very confused why they eliminate the need for rewards from half the battlegrounds that exist in TERA. I've tried to reason why they might have removed it from rewards but I can't really figure it out. I understand that some people don't like 3s/grid as much as I do, but to eliminate it completely is pretty frustrating. You could reduce the numbers or perhaps make a poll or something but just randomly putting this out without any feedback from player council or PVP community seems really silly.

Other than that, the etching boxes and such are a nice addition but was sad to see dragon scales return to the calendar. I have almost 2000 and now they get to stockpile even more.

I'm just curious what people think about the new calendar I guess. Am I crazy? Or are people upset like me?

Comments

• I think this is actually terrible.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 28
    iLucky wrote: »
    I'm just curious what people think about the new calendar I guess. Am I crazy? Or are people upset like me?

I think there are things good and things that should not be touched. Like removing 3s and Grid completely from jackpots when they could have been at least one day per week each. May be they removed 3s to not let some players exploit emeralds from jack pot.

I personally like more 10 emeralds than 1 diamond as you say and think dragon scales are a good addition to the jack pot as you can trade them for dragon mounts, strong pots and health pots. Now what EME should to is to include nocterium refiners in the dragon shop and something usefull for pvpers and pveers alike.
  • AyiAyi ✭✭✭
    I'm happy to see more Fraywind Canyon games a week, not a fan of 3s/Gridiron personally
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    Corsairs and Fraywind are without a doubt the most qued for battlegrounds and should be prioritized more than the others.

However I would agree that 3s and gridiron could of been given 1 day each a week because:

3s is limited to a small population who do it regularly.

Gridiron was removed I'm assuming because grid 2.0 is coming in soon.

Rewards are better due to the emeralds and etching boxes. Now if the rate is high enough (to be seen...)
  • Grid 2.0 comes with awakening, I doubt that is soon. Grid 1.0 was removed way earlier on the Korean timeline though, before RKE I believe. So we're likely getting it yoinked without notice.
  • > @JXE5356AKE said:
    > Grid 2.0 comes with awakening, I doubt that is soon. Grid 1.0 was removed way earlier on the Korean timeline though, before RKE I believe. So we're likely getting it yoinked without notice.

The “Awakening” update comes in April to NA.
  • EME, if you are removing Skyring from the jackpot because of recent feeding in Team 3s, why not just limit the jackpot to Solo 3s only? It is a lot more difficult to feed when the community is queuing at the same time. With leaderboards coming in March, it will also be significantly easier for the community to police feeders by reporting other players that seem out of place on the leaderboard.

Please do not punish the 3s community for the actions of a few individuals. We may be small, but we deserve at least one night a week in March. The Skyring community is not vocal enough to make a big deal of this and won't complain on the forums - most will just quit after this calendar becomes effective.

If this is not the reason, then please explain why you decided to completely kill Skyring?
  • If you want to please the larger community, you could always have Skyring jackpot on every other CS day. Skyring will not stop CS from popping because it does not really share the same population as CS, so they could both feasibly be on the same day. Just a suggestion!
  • 3s draws some of the most viewers on Twitch for Tera. Nobody cares about watching CS or Grid streams. People want to watch BGs that actually take some skill and not just RNG for the better team.
  • KoikoiKoikoi ✭✭✭
    > @Infuzed77 said:
    > If you want to please the larger community, you could always have Skyring jackpot on every other CS day. Skyring will not stop CS from popping because it does not really share the same population as CS, so they could both feasibly be on the same day. Just a suggestion!

Iv suggested this a few times that 3s should share a day with a larger BG either FW/CS so you're not completely eliminating small or large scale. Some people do not prefer one or the other.
  • MelyodisMelyodis ✭✭✭
    EME, if you are removing Skyring from the jackpot because of recent feeding in Team 3s, why not just limit the jackpot to Solo 3s only? It is a lot more difficult to feed when the community is queuing at the same time. With leaderboards coming in March, it will also be significantly easier for the community to police feeders by reporting other players that seem out of place on the leaderboard.

Please do not punish the 3s community for the actions of a few individuals. We may be small, but we deserve at least one night a week in March. The Skyring community is not vocal enough to make a big deal of this and won't complain on the forums - most will just quit after this calendar becomes effective.

If this is not the reason, then please explain why you decided to completely kill Skyring?

like to use that word quit when thing not in their favor. thanks for the changes tired of the same old for pass few months.
  • > @JXE5356AKE said:
    > Grid 2.0 comes with awakening, I doubt that is soon. Grid 1.0 was removed way earlier on the Korean timeline though, before RKE I believe. So we're likely getting it yoinked without notice.

The “Awakening” update comes in April to NA.

please,don t tell us we will get it only in the end of the month :(
  • I'm honestly glad sky ring is gone.

The try hard and constant kicking because everyone and their mother is an elitist was getting out of control.

Now if we could just get a fully equalized fraywind so fraywind isin't dominated by the same few people every game that would be great.
  • I'm honestly glad sky ring is gone.

The try hard and constant kicking because everyone and their mother is an elitist was getting out of control.

Now if we could just get a fully equalized fraywind so fraywind isin't dominated by the same few people every game that would be great.

I'm sure you'd still get dominated by those same people every game.
  • P9GNNHPDEM wrote: »
    I'm honestly glad sky ring is gone.

I'm sure you'd still get dominated by those same people every game.

Seeing as they don't in grid or corsairs i highly doubt that.