There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

K-Tera Talisman update cancelled!

Comments

• CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    for those who argued "creative build" This was the result optimal build for Lancer

i14798660814.gif

Oh dear... Well, then I guess this time it wasn't just that the players complained, now someone showed them that if they release half-*ssed content people will simply exploit it.
  • Ray676Ray676 ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    [Removing Forum Violation]
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    lancer are grasshopper :3
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Ray676 wrote: »

It's pretty obvious what's happening. The Lancer awakening skill has a talisman to reset on hitting something. Since there are multiple targets, you get a higher chance to reset (or not, depending on how the reset was coded).

Also, it looks pretty fun.
  • NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    Obs wrote: »

It's pretty obvious what's happening. The Lancer awakening skill has a talisman to reset on hitting something. Since there are multiple targets, you get a higher chance to reset (or not, depending on how the reset was coded).

[Righteous Leap] On successful hit, 20% Chance to Reset Cooldown of [Righteous Leap]

Yus!
  • CezzareCezzare ✭✭✭
    edited March 1
    NikuroTega wrote: »

[Righteous Leap] On successful hit, 20% Chance to Reset Cooldown of [Righteous Leap]

Yus!

That would be fun to see in FWC or CS.
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
  • MewtubeMewtube ✭✭
    edited March 1
    It's a redundant system anyway. Whatever the developers wished to accomplish by the talisman, it can be integrated with current crystal and glyph systems. I mean, these two existing systems already offer customization of character setup: crystals for stat wise customization, glyphs for skill wise customization. They can be freely swapped before combat. There is really no need for another system that does similar job. If the developers really want to add more dynamics to character builds, improving the current glyph and crystal system might be a better approach.
  • Idi0ticGeniusIdi0ticGenius ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1

I was pointing out the "creative build" part. no context needed. By presenting the gif alone, I'm saying that's the final result of Lancer's build with talismans-- spam one skill over and over for maximum DPS possible. Go ahead and read the complete list of Tier 3 talisman translations .

The build is just taking all of Righteous Leap talismans, but the one shown in gif is just [Righteous Leap] On successful hit, 20% Chance to Reset Cooldown of [Righteous Leap] alone.

Take a look at Lancer's talisman and you see this:

x6dpwTm.png

[Righteous Leap] Increase Base Damage by 28%
    [Righteous Leap] Increase Casting Speed by 12%, Increase Base Damage by 10%
    [Righteous Leap] On sucessful hit, 8% Chance to Reset Cooldown of [Wallop], [Charing Lunge], and [Righteous Leap].
    [Righteous Leap] On the [Chainable Skill], [Righteous Leap] will be added, and increase Base Damage by 12%
    [Righteous Leap] On successful hit, Increase Base Damage of [Righteous Leap] by 80% for 3 seconds.

The bold ones are resets, while italicized ones are base damage. After testing it out myself, the way reset works is that those values are not additive. Rather, they are independent, meaning, you're rolling dice twice instead of once with combined chance. That's why you see the reset message appear twice at the same time.

They're 20% and 8%, but look back at the gif-- it proc'd 7 times in a row, which is 8 casts.

look at the talisman stat's Base Damage increases: 28% + 10% + 80% + 12% = 130%. This means you are doing 230% of its original damage. Note that this thing is a double of Wallop's damage, and it is often 20%+ of your entire DPS when its cooldown is also double of wallop. Think about it-- compared to wallop, this skill has half as much HPM, but it can do around 30~50% more damage, contributing to DPS much more effectively. With this kind of resets, although RNG, it's insanely overpowered if you're hitting like Berserker on steroids. The gif shown is also not in Adrenaline Rush, which will add 30 attack speed on top of that which makes this skill incredibly fast, not to mention its casting speed is already buffed by 12%.

But it doesn't end there-- look closely at this one: Note that there's even [Righteous Leap] On the [Chainable Skill], [Righteous Leap] will be added, and increase Base Damage by 12%. Notice it says that Righteous Leap can be chained into Righteous Leap. This is what makes this broken because raw casting Righteous Leap causes the Lancer to leap over monsters, but if they are chained, they will receive collision + frontal block effect. So basically Lancer just became a spacebar class unless you have to dodge an attack that cannot be blocked-- but why use different skill when Righteous Leap moves you 18 meters ahead?
  • edited March 1
    i14798660814.gif
    On a test Server environment, I'll admit, this actually look pretty fun.

• ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 1
  • Friendly reminder to abide by the Forums rules.
    I removed some content that was only going to cause further derailment, and might have lead to personal attacks / call-outs.
    "Post Content - Posts that do not contribute to the overall conversation."
  • ObsObs ✭✭✭
    i14798660814.gif

It was a test server environment, but the values of the talismans were not changed.
  • Cezzare wrote: »
    That would be fun to see in FWC or CS.

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

(I think Talismans were not going to be enabled in Battlegrounds, so it wouldn't have been possible.)

• CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    i14798660814.gif

It was a test server environment, but the values of the talismans were not changed.

Pretty sure that is what Cobalt meant--because it's just a test server, this can be fun--instead of a nightmare to try to deal with in balancing. Wouldn't be good in game, but as a test--fun. Hopefully I'm not putting words in Cobalt's mouth here, that's just how it read to me.