Console Frequently Asked Questions - Updated March 9th 2018

Comments

• does the open beta wipe also affect pc players? because I might just continue with my computer but I have a lot of characters I don't want to start over lol

This has nothing to do with PC players, the games are entirely separate.
  • does the open beta wipe also affect pc players? because I might just continue with my computer but I have a lot of characters I don't want to start over lol

pc and console are different , its a whole different servers so no u aint gonna lose anything on pc but if u play OB on console then yea u gonna lose everything u got on console .
  • @CobaltDragon do you have any information on if you will support the xbox one X ? with the 12Bg ram and 6 tera flop GPU Im hoping to play tera in 4k max settings
  • OffskeeOffskee
    edited March 5
    TKX9XA3GGH wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon do you have any information on if you will support the xbox one X ? with the 12Bg ram and 6 tera flop GPU Im hoping to play tera in 4k max settings

Doubtful, but maybe, The thing is alot of devs and the console makers them self, put restrictions on online games and the use of "higher settings" between the mid gen consoles. If one has higher resolution or more fps it provides an advantage to them over those with the old version of the consoles. Higher resolutions could afford a larger POV for example, and more FPS can allow fast reactions due to seeing more frames.

PCs allow it because more of those settings can be adjusted by the user on the fly but consoles rarely get that customization simply because of the consoles rendering ability being limited once the game is launched. Ever wonder why games with GFX options need you to restart?

And no I am not saying I dont want it I have a PS4 Pro with a 2TB SSD I want my goodies but theyd have to put limits on it most likely.

Especially in a action based style game the difference may not sound like much but it is there.
  • Offskee wrote: »
    @CobaltDragon do you have any information on if you will support the xbox one X ? with the 12Bg ram and 6 tera flop GPU Im hoping to play tera in 4k max settings

Doubtful, but maybe, The thing is alot of devs and the console makers them self, put restrictions on online games and the use of "higher settings" between the mid gen consoles. If one has higher resolution or more fps it provides an advantage to them over those with the old version of the consoles. Higher resolutions could afford a larger POV for example, and more FPS can allow fast reactions due to seeing more frames.

PCs allow it because more of those settings can be adjusted by the user on the fly but consoles rarely get that customization simply because of the consoles rendering ability being limited once the game is launched. Ever wonder why games with GFX options need you to restart?

And no I am not saying I dont want it I have a PS4 Pro with a 2TB SSD I want my goodies but theyd have to put limits on it most likely.

Especially in a action based style game the difference may not sound like much but it is there.

well thats the point of a mid gen upgrade , I would be really surprised and disappointed if they didn't support the Pro or the X . if
    players on old consoles feel thats an advantage then its their choice not to upgrade .
  • TKX9XA3GGH wrote: »
    Offskee wrote: »

well thats the point of a mid gen upgrade , I would be really surprised and disappointed if they didn't support the Pro or the X . if
    players on old consoles feel thats an advantage then its their choice not to upgrade .

True that the mid gen provides more power but take Sony for example and Destiny 2. Sony made them cap the D2 at 30 FPS because it would have provided an advantage to PS4 Pro users over PS4 users, same reason they kept PS3 and PS4 Destiny one separate, the higher resolution on the PS4 Allowed the users to see players better at a distance then PS3 users. And the PS4 Pro does render at 4k with check board but its resolution is dynamic as crap and they hard lock the first person POV so that the higher resolution offers nothing more then slight sharpness increases in texture edges.

It may seem like a pointless thing to users but Sony at least, dont know about Microsoft, really doesnt like the mid gens providing a game play advantage due to the upgrade in multiplayer games. Offline single player, they dont care. If player son mid gen get higher resolution and can do better angles etc with cameras, its not just the Devs problem, sony will have to deal with players griping that devs gave one console an advantage in a pvp environment.

If Tera didnt have PVP it wouldnt be an issue but that makes it one.
  • Offskee wrote: »
    Offskee wrote: »

True that the mid gen provides more power but take Sony for example and Destiny 2. Sony made them cap the D2 at 30 FPS because it would have provided an advantage to PS4 Pro users over PS4 users, same reason they kept PS3 and PS4 Destiny one separate, the higher resolution on the PS4 Allowed the users to see players better at a distance then PS3 users. And the PS4 Pro does render at 4k with check board but its resolution is dynamic as crap and they hard lock the first person POV so that the higher resolution offers nothing more then slight sharpness increases in texture edges.

It may seem like a pointless thing to users but Sony at least, dont know about Microsoft, really doesnt like the mid gens providing a game play advantage due to the upgrade in multiplayer games. Offline single player, they dont care. If player son mid gen get higher resolution and can do better angles etc with cameras, its not just the Devs problem, sony will have to deal with players griping that devs gave one console an advantage in a pvp environment.

If Tera didnt have PVP it wouldnt be an issue but that makes it one.

I ever got the whole parity thing , if people want better graphics/performance then upgrade your console . I really do think that most people with the older console don't even really care about the small advantages, I could see if it was 30fps vs 60fps , I would even be happy if they just kept the same draw distance and FPS but gave me 4k resolution and higher graphic settings and shadows ect
  • Jinto02Jinto02 ✭✭
    edited March 6

- Doubtful, but maybe, The thing is alot of devs and the console makers them self, put restrictions on online games and the use of "higher settings" between the mid gen consoles. If one has higher resolution or more fps it provides an advantage to them over those with the old version of the consoles. Higher resolutions could afford a larger POV for example, and more FPS can allow fast reactions due to seeing more frames.

- PCs allow it because more of those settings can be adjusted by the user on the fly but consoles rarely get that customization simply because of the consoles rendering ability being limited once the game is launched. Ever wonder why games with GFX options need you to restart?

- And no I am not saying I dont want it I have a PS4 Pro with a 2TB SSD I want my goodies but theyd have to put limits on it most likely.

- Especially in a action based style game the difference may not sound like much but it is there.

- well thats the point of a mid gen upgrade , I would be really surprised and disappointed if they didn't support the Pro or the X . if
    players on old consoles feel thats an advantage then its their choice not to upgrade.

- True that the mid gen provides more power but take Sony for example and Destiny 2. Sony made them cap the D2 at 30 FPS because it would have provided an advantage to PS4 Pro users over PS4 users, same reason they kept PS3 and PS4 Destiny one separate, the higher resolution on the PS4 Allowed the users to see players better at a distance then PS3 users. And the PS4 Pro does render at 4k with check board but its resolution is dynamic as crap and they hard lock the first person POV so that the higher resolution offers nothing more then slight sharpness increases in texture edges.

- It may seem like a pointless thing to users but Sony at least, dont know about Microsoft, really doesnt like the mid gens providing a game play advantage due to the upgrade in multiplayer games. Offline single player, they dont care. If player son mid gen get higher resolution and can do better angles etc with cameras, its not just the Devs problem, sony will have to deal with players griping that devs gave one console an advantage in a pvp environment.

- If Tera didnt have PVP it wouldnt be an issue but that makes it one.

- I ever got the whole parity thing , if people want better graphics/performance then upgrade your console . I really do think that most people with the older console don't even really care about the small advantages, I could see if it was 30fps vs 60fps , I would even be happy if they just kept the same draw distance and FPS but gave me 4k resolution and higher graphic settings and shadows ect

The problem isn't the consumer. Yes people with the first gen consoles may not care but their will be people who do and as a company you develop and build based on that premise. Would you want a company to make a product knowing off the bat it has an unfair advantage for some not others? I was writing up this huge anology in regarding same car but one gets better mileage but lost my train of thought. All I'm saying is if I was a company about to release a product of make sure it's an even playing field be it on first gen or mid gen. The reason being mmorpg are inherently competitive and giving an edge to one group over the other is a bad idea for a company trying to make money in the long run.[/spoiler]
  • Jinto02Jinto02 ✭✭
    edited March 6
    Now the quote is tl:dr lol
  • TKX9XA3GGHTKX9XA3GGH ✭✭
    edited March 6

- Doubtful, but maybe, The thing is alot of devs and the console makers them self, put restrictions on online games and the use of "higher settings" between the mid gen consoles. If one has higher resolution or more fps it provides an advantage to them over those with the old version of the consoles. Higher resolutions could afford a larger POV for example, and more FPS can allow fast reactions due to seeing more frames.

- PCs allow it because more of those settings can be adjusted by the user on the fly but consoles rarely get that customization simply because of the consoles rendering ability being limited once the game is launched. Ever wonder why games with GFX options need you to restart?

- And no I am not saying I dont want it I have a PS4 Pro with a 2TB SSD I want my goodies but theyd have to put limits on it most likely.

- Especially in a action based style game the difference may not sound like much but it is there.

- well thats the point of a mid gen upgrade , I would be really surprised and disappointed if they didn't support the Pro or the X . if
    players on old consoles feel thats an advantage then its their choice not to upgrade.

- True that the mid gen provides more power but take Sony for example and Destiny 2. Sony made them cap the D2 at 30 FPS because it would have provided an advantage to PS4 Pro users over PS4 users, same reason they kept PS3 and PS4 Destiny one separate, the higher resolution on the PS4 Allowed the users to see players better at a distance then PS3 users. And the PS4 Pro does render at 4k with check board but its resolution is dynamic as crap and they hard lock the first person POV so that the higher resolution offers nothing more then slight sharpness increases in texture edges.

- It may seem like a pointless thing to users but Sony at least, dont know about Microsoft, really doesnt like the mid gens providing a game play advantage due to the upgrade in multiplayer games. Offline single player, they dont care. If player son mid gen get higher resolution and can do better angles etc with cameras, its not just the Devs problem, sony will have to deal with players griping that devs gave one console an advantage in a pvp environment.

- If Tera didnt have PVP it wouldnt be an issue but that makes it one.

- I ever got the whole parity thing , if people want better graphics/performance then upgrade your console . I really do think that most people with the older console don't even really care about the small advantages, I could see if it was 30fps vs 60fps , I would even be happy if they just kept the same draw distance and FPS but gave me 4k resolution and higher graphic settings and shadows ect
    Jinto02 wrote: »
    The problem isn't the consumer. Yes people with the first gen consoles may not care but their will be people who do and as a company you develop and build based on that premise. Would you want a company to make a product knowing off the bat it has an unfair advantage for some not others? I was writing up this huge anology in regarding same car but one gets better mileage but lost my train of thought. All I'm saying is if I was a company about to release a product of make sure it's an even playing field be it on first gen or mid gen. The reason being mmorpg are inherently competitive and giving an edge to one group over the other is a bad idea for a company trying to make money in the long run

well take PUBG for example, people with the X get better performance and draw distances . I am glad Microsoft is leaving it up to the devs on if they want to support even on ,multiplayer games even if its a small advantage
  • Jinto02Jinto02 ✭✭
    Yes the 1x has better draw distance but both are locked to 30fps even sometimes the 1x Will hold 30fps better they did try to make it somewhat fair. I own a pro as well and would like max setting for it but I would also be fine if they dropped it to make it fair because tera when it first came out was extremely competitive and id rather still have that competitiveness at the cost of some graphics if it keeps people who don't own a pro in the game playing competitive
  • I think about a question. Is a feature I like on PC because that help on my casual play time.

There is loot of avatar weapon on ps4? I don't remember english name of this part u loot on elite monster
  • More questions have just been answered in a News Post, so I've edited this Thread's Title and updated the original post with a link to the details.
  • thanks for the update Cobalt and the nice official FAQ page :)
  • Thanks @CobaltDragon and the rest of the team for the thorough updated FAQ.

Still three question remain, one that the recent video eluded to but we aren't certain.

* Tera console is keyboard compatible for text chat, is it KB&M compatible outside of text chat?

* Will the leveling experience be altered in any way during the beta outside of the lower cap such as increased experience during the brief play window, or anything else so we can judge the experience/currency gains fairly?

* Will the Tera console store be disabled or is there some testing that will be done during the beta not involving cash purchases to double check the systems are all working as intended and under a load?

These last questions as as important but more curiousities on specifics if you have the chance to answer them.

There were a lot of great additions such as level cap and other included content in the beta to expect, various DL times, etc that I'. certain everyone really appreciates, I know I do. <3