We're streaming right now - join us!

Do we know if Ruinous Manor will be the same?

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but considering Broken Prison was brought back with new mechanics that we didn't know about until actually trying the dungeon out, does anyone that plays EU/KR/whatever know if RM is coming back the same as we last had it? I've been trying to watch videos and it seems like Nightmare Lachelith in hard mode has a new gauge mechanic now that may or may not wipe the party if it fills all the way up (I haven't seen it fill so I have no clue, really, that's just my guess), but can anyone confirm if there are other changes? I was kinda disappointed with BP because the changes made it REALLY hard to Instance Match into or duo with a friend, which was what made it fun. I'm hoping RM is still IM-able and that normal mode is still duoable/at least mostly unchanged.

Comments

  • VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    edited March 12
    There are changes

    Copy/Pasta from a friend who plays on EU

    Differences from the old version:
    - You cannot pull a stunned person to safety anymore on first boss

    - Cannot cheese spider with Corruption Ring or Guardian Sanctuary on second boss

    (RMH Lache)
    - Cannot bug the last boss by resetting aggro!
    - Soul Bar: Every 30 or so seconds a yellow sphere spawns which fills up a bar by 5 every time. If any sphere (mechanic or timer one) hits a wall the bar goes up by another 5. If the bar reaches 100, you wipe. (This starts after 30 seconds, basically you have 10minutes~ish or so to kill the boss or you wipe assuming mechanics are done correctly.)
    - Spheres do % based dmg instead of flat dmg: Yellow = 40% and Red = 80%! (No need for 160k HP anymore) This is doubled if you have a curse (80% and 160% respectively), so you can only take a Yellow if you have a curse! There are always 2 Yellow and 3 Red spheres that spawn during the mechanic.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you very much!
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slightly off topic:
    I was kinda disappointed with BP because the changes made it REALLY hard to Instance Match into or duo with a friend, which was what made it fun. I'm hoping RM is still IM-able and that normal mode is still duoable/at least mostly unchanged.

    The amount of people that solo or duo HM dungeons on a regular basis is probably a handful across all 5 servers. I don't think it's a legitimate criticism of dungeon design that they are too difficult for you to duo anymore. They don't design 99% of dungeons with solo or duo in mind.
  • Hopefully they also fixed "getting though the gate" issue
  • DialooniaDialoonia ✭✭✭
    Believe me you really don't want ruun RMHM/NM why?

    Even in EU with Op Consumable you need around 7 - 8 Minutes per Boss. First Boss have in NORMAL Mode double HP than RKNM

    First Boss RKNM have around 1,6 Billion while RMNM have 3,4 Billion? Even Normal you can count 6 Minutes if you have good dps. This dungeons is waste of time. People running this dungeon over 20times and no emerald box ( so around 5% drop chance). Even the additional 200 Gear xp is no reason to run this crap.

    We already complained that BHS shoould finnaly start to balance for non korea regions. This dungeon is the best example that BHS balance around talents.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    Dialoonia wrote: »
    Believe me you really don't want ruun RMHM/NM why?

    Even in EU with Op Consumable you need around 7 - 8 Minutes per Boss. First Boss have in NORMAL Mode double HP than RKNM

    First Boss RKNM have around 1,6 Billion while RMNM have 3,4 Billion? Even Normal you can count 6 Minutes if you have good dps. This dungeons is waste of time. People running this dungeon over 20times and no emerald box ( so around 5% drop chance). Even the additional 200 Gear xp is no reason to run this crap.

    We already complained that BHS shoould finnaly start to balance for non korea regions. This dungeon is the best example that BHS balance around talents.

    Thanks for letting us know. I feel detered already for the patch. It's already hard to find people with this population let alone running that.
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dialoonia wrote: »
    Believe me you really don't want ruun RMHM/NM why?

    Even in EU with Op Consumable you need around 7 - 8 Minutes per Boss. First Boss have in NORMAL Mode double HP than RKNM

    First Boss RKNM have around 1,6 Billion while RMNM have 3,4 Billion? Even Normal you can count 6 Minutes if you have good dps. This dungeons is waste of time. People running this dungeon over 20times and no emerald box ( so around 5% drop chance). Even the additional 200 Gear xp is no reason to run this crap.

    We already complained that BHS shoould finnaly start to balance for non korea regions. This dungeon is the best example that BHS balance around talents.

    I feel like this dungeon hp is better suited for after awakening and somehow we got the wrong version of the dungeon kek
  • DialooniaDialoonia ✭✭✭
    no for awakening we get antaros abyss which have 6 billion hp. dont worry they balance it for awakening (but not for talents kek)
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @Dialoonia said:
    > no for awakening we get antaros abyss which have 6 billion hp. dont worry they balance it for awakening (but not for talents kek)
    Wow. Lovely!!
  • clfarron4clfarron4 ✭✭✭✭
    RMNM is in no way scaled for Frostmetal tanks. It's literally a dodge fiesta, because you take 40k+ through blocks on stuff that you could block perfectly fine in the mid tier gear when RMHM first came out.

    And yeah, the first two bosses in RMNM have 2.3B+ HP each. Like, the last time we had that much HP on a boss for the equivalent item level was DFHM revamp, and Verno is a stationary tree.
  • KeepItCreepyKeepItCreepy ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Slightly off topic:
    I was kinda disappointed with BP because the changes made it REALLY hard to Instance Match into or duo with a friend, which was what made it fun. I'm hoping RM is still IM-able and that normal mode is still duoable/at least mostly unchanged.

    The amount of people that solo or duo HM dungeons on a regular basis is probably a handful across all 5 servers. I don't think it's a legitimate criticism of dungeon design that they are too difficult for you to duo anymore. They don't design 99% of dungeons with solo or duo in mind.

    Hah, yeah, I think it's a bad thing that it was duoable. I didn't really mean "har har I want it to be faceroll ezpz" but mostly was just hoping that the dungeon wasn't going to have a bunch of new mechanics that were a surprise to me and the rest of my party. I have to admit, though, some of my fondest memories were of duoing Broken Prison and Ruinous Manor. I always had a blast, but at the same time I knew it probably was going to be changed in the future where it wasn't possible (which I think is a good thing - semi 'endgame' content should not be duoable).
  • KeepItCreepyKeepItCreepy ✭✭
    edited March 13
    Vinyltails wrote: »
    There are changes

    Copy/Pasta from a friend who plays on EU

    Differences from the old version:
    - You cannot pull a stunned person to safety anymore on first boss

    - Cannot cheese spider with Corruption Ring or Guardian Sanctuary on second boss

    (RMH Lache)
    - Cannot bug the last boss by resetting aggro!
    - Soul Bar: Every 30 or so seconds a yellow sphere spawns which fills up a bar by 5 every time. If any sphere (mechanic or timer one) hits a wall the bar goes up by another 5. If the bar reaches 100, you wipe. (This starts after 30 seconds, basically you have 10minutes~ish or so to kill the boss or you wipe assuming mechanics are done correctly.)
    - Spheres do % based dmg instead of flat dmg: Yellow = 40% and Red = 80%! (No need for 160k HP anymore) This is doubled if you have a curse (80% and 160% respectively), so you can only take a Yellow if you have a curse! There are always 2 Yellow and 3 Red spheres that spawn during the mechanic.

    Thank you so much! Honestly these were good/needed changes so I'm happy with this (atho idk why you can't pull stunned people but... eh, not a big deal). Thank you for easing my mind!
  • clfarron4 wrote: »
    RMNM is in no way scaled for Frostmetal tanks. It's literally a dodge fiesta, because you take 40k+ through blocks on stuff that you could block perfectly fine in the mid tier gear when RMHM first came out.

    And yeah, the first two bosses in RMNM have 2.3B+ HP each. Like, the last time we had that much HP on a boss for the equivalent item level was DFHM revamp, and Verno is a stationary tree.

    Rip, that's unfortunate. I remember tanking NM that in my brawler that barely had ilvl and bleeding pretty bad, but as soon as I was full Guile I think it was alright. I don't tank much now but if I do tank it, I'll definitely enchant my stuff before going in!
Sign In or Register to comment.