[PC] Maintenance has completed, and servers are now open. Thank you for your patience!
Easter has come to TERA! Read all about it, and check this thread for information on where to find these eggs, and what you can get! http://bit.ly/2Dj6rJa

Source for expensive golden talents and inflation found.

13»

Comments

• HLK76PFWXTHLK76PFWXT ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    En Masse, please help! It got so far where the Gold Talent reached almost 30g per piece ( used to be 10g each ), and the Silver Talent reached almost 60g each ( used to be 30g ).. so the prices practically doubled. And that is not all.. because it seems that some players are trying to take advantage of the fact that there is little supply on the market to control the prices and it is getting harder and harder to craft or enchant/upgrade gear.

Look at this for example: r4VZsO8.jpg

Players are buying all the silver talents from the market to put them back at increased price to make profit but the real damaging part is that they are putting the stacks at 1k up to 5k which are simply too expensive to buy ( especially if the players are alts that are almost never online to negotiate so there is another 10% increase there for a buy out ).

And i do not think that gold sellers have anything to do with this. It is simply a problem of supply/demand and some few players that are trying to take advantage of this ( i can try to do dungeons like rg/kc/sf for gold/silver talents but they barely give 1-2 silver talents and 6-7 gold talents per run).
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »
    En Masse, please help! It got so far where the Gold Talent reached almost 30g per piece ( used to be 10g each ), and the Silver Talent reached almost 60g each ( used to be 30g ).. so the prices practically doubled. And that is not all.. because it seems that some players are trying to take advantage of the fact that there is little supply on the market to control the prices and it is getting harder and harder to craft or enchant/upgrade gear.

Players are buying all the silver talents from the market to put them back at increased price to make profit but the real damaging part is that they are putting the stacks at 1k up to 5k which are simply too expensive to buy ( especially if the players are alts that are almost never online to negotiate so there is another 10% increase there for a buy out ).

And i do not think that gold sellers have anything to do with this. It is simply a problem of supply/demand and some few players that are trying to take advantage of this ( i can try to do dungeons like rg/kc/sf for gold/silver talents but they barely give 1-2 silver talents and 6-7 gold talents per run).

Those prices aren't bad? What are you talking about?
  • HLK76PFWXT wrote: »

It is indeed a matter of supply and demand and EME knows this.. they dont care and wont fix it tho.
    They have heard a million times normal gameplay isnt rewarding and their events break the economy...
    Silver is very hard to get in the quantities needed for upgrade, not even considering the horrible rng so this inflated high price is actually more normal then the low prices we had.... that was because people got gold and silver talents in heaps of 6k at once from strongbox event.. crazy amounts u can NEVER grind in normal gameplay with its horrible rewards
  • kamizumakamizuma ✭✭✭✭
    Gold and silver talents are reaching what they were before they were heavily devalued by EME events why is this a surprise lol. Now you are seeing what the true value of talents are.
  • edited March 2018
    Disclaimer: numbers taken from Fey Forest may not be representative of numbers in other servers, but are provided to help illustrate the last 2 lines of this post.

Price of Gold Talents:
    - Circa Nov. 2017: 20-30g/each.
    - Circa Early January 2018: 10-12g/each (wow triple drop rates)
    - Circa Late January/Early February 2018: 7-10g/each (wow strongbox events)
    - Circa March 2018: 35g/each (wow vanguards halved)

Price of Silver Talents:
    - Circa Nov. 2017:70-80g/each.
    - Circa Early January 2018: 45-60g/each (wow triple drop rates)
    - Circa Late January/Early February 2018: 35-45/each (wow strongbox events)
    - Circa March 2018: 60-65g/each (wow vanguards halved)

Prices are bouncing back near what they were in November. And will drop a couple/few percentage points with this new patch reducing the number of talents needed for enchants/upgrades.

Prices spiking one way or another in the short-term are mostly due to either panic-buying/selling or larger (IRL we call them "institutional investors") players pricing in the market and buying en-masse.

Economics 101a: Prices go down when either supply goes up (read: mEME events) or demand goes down.
    Economics 101b: Prices go up when either supply goes down (read: vanguards rewards being halved) or demand goes up.
  • SageWinduSageWindu High Seat of the Jedi Council ✭✭✭✭
    Killstyle wrote: »
    I don't even know when or where those gold sellers came from but I am pretty sure they weren't around for the first 3 or so years of Tera's life.

Some people speculate that going onto Steam opened the floodgates. Make of that what you will.

• StevenAnthonyStevenAnthony ✭✭✭✭
    HLK76PFWXT wrote: »

yea, we need eme fodder like mwa cuz you want talens cheap rite ? ( cuz new pacht lower golden/silver talents for enchan and upgrade guardian/twistard gear )
13»