There will be a TERA PC Maintenance on Tuesday (8/21) from 8 A.M. - 11 A.M. PDT

Battleground Dreams

Can we pretty please have diamonds and emeralds in bg... or some incentive as i enjoy doing bg soo much but they never seem too pop much :( please keep battlegrounds alive and fun they're awesome fun and i miss it .

Comments

• ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe Emeralds but not Diamonds.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Since diamonds are a requirement to enchant Stormcry, BG should definitely have it as a jackpot prize. Of course, it should be a rare jackpot.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

That's silly. Why wouldn't you include a top tier crafting ingredient in the jackpot?

"Inflation"

Uh I hate to break it to you, but the gold supply on the server just tripled, as intended. Sure many will be dumping that gold right back into their enchantment attempts, but everyone will have at least one alt farming gold. Spamming low tier dungeons that can be beaten in 6 minutes, like Kalivan's Challenge or Shattered Fleet, will provide far more gold into the system than a 25 minute CS.

"People will abuse the NPC"

Diamonds are being traded on the broker right now on Tempest Reach for 12k-14k. They are then being used to enchant stormcry, which is still as RNG as ever. I've capped vgs every day since tuesday, and I only have +14% enchantment at +3 stormcry. One of my richer friends went through his entire supply of gold getting his oblit to stormcry +6 on all pieces before he ran out. No one is npcing diamonds, and if they are... I question their mental status.

The point is that diamonds won't even affect the gold supply, because they are getting eaten up by enchanting failures, not by the npc. There is not one single reason why diamonds should be excluded from a jackpot reward.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    ElinUsagi wrote: »

That's silly. Why wouldn't you include a top tier crafting ingredient in the jackpot?

"Inflation"

Uh I hate to break it to you, but the gold supply on the server just tripled, as intended. Sure many will be dumping that gold right back into their enchantment attempts, but everyone will have at least one alt farming gold. Spamming low tier dungeons that can be beaten in 6 minutes, like Kalivan's Challenge or Shattered Fleet, will provide far more gold into the system than a 25 minute CS.

"People will abuse the NPC"

Diamonds are being traded on the broker right now on Tempest Reach for 12k-14k. They are then being used to enchant stormcry, which is still as RNG as ever. I've capped vgs every day since tuesday, and I only have +14% enchantment at +3 stormcry. One of my richer friends went through his entire supply of gold getting his oblit to stormcry +6 on all pieces before he ran out. No one is npcing diamonds, and if they are... I question their mental status.

The point is that diamonds won't even affect the gold supply, because they are getting eaten up by enchanting failures, not by the npc. There is not one single reason why diamonds should be excluded from a jackpot reward.

You can craft diamonds from emeralds, and 25 minute CS is not too long? All the CS I have done last about 10-15 minute, FWC even less, same for Griddion and Skyring.

I think EME could ajust rewards for those battlegrounds to give an Emerald per win to make it even with mid tier dungeons.
  • ElinUsagi wrote: »

Diamonds were a rare reward years ago when 10k was a fair amount of money. Ideally the BG rewards will be diamonds, emeralds, and elemental essences. They'll probably put gold or silver talents in there too but I don't want to craft any more plates to be quite honest. These rewards basically match the previous rewards or talismans, badges, etc. VM materials essentially.
  • > @Elinerd said:
    > ElinUsagi wrote: »
    >
    > Maybe Emeralds but not Diamonds.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Diamonds were a rare reward years ago when 10k was a fair amount of money. Ideally the BG rewards will be diamonds, emeralds, and elemental essences. They'll probably put gold or silver talents in there too but I don't want to craft any more plates to be quite honest. These rewards basically match the previous rewards or talismans, badges, etc. VM materials essentially.

Amen hallelujah
    I never see diamonds anymore and they don't go as far even if you can broker them for 11k
    Twisthard is a 3rd rate set and it is expensive as hell for a player who doesn't know how to get money
  • Closing due to Necro'ing a Thread.
This discussion has been closed.