[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Now is time for Males to make their word worth.

Comments

• KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Equitas wrote: »
    If you weren't seeing male Brawlers, you were either offline or were choosing to be in areas where players weren't leveling. AV is considered a low population server (and it honestly does show) but I personally saw droves of them there after the update. I had gotten reports from other servers that they were seeing the same thing. We were actually at a shortage of DPS for once. I could understand it if you said "I see no chance of male Brawlers sticking around." After all, the hype train is probably powered mostly by the Elite vouchers the event boxes give. Making the claim that there weren't many around, however, is disinginous to say the least.

You can't play this offline fyi and I was on as soon as patch was finished and barely saw any one in starting island and areas up to SM. And I'm on TR so should have been at least a nice group but there wasn't.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Killstyle wrote: »
    If you weren't seeing male Brawlers, you were either offline or were choosing to be in areas where players weren't leveling. AV is considered a low population server (and it honestly does show) but I personally saw droves of them there after the update. I had gotten reports from other servers that they were seeing the same thing. We were actually at a shortage of DPS for once. I could understand it if you said "I see no chance of male Brawlers sticking around." After all, the hype train is probably powered mostly by the Elite vouchers the event boxes give. Making the claim that there weren't many around, however, is disinginous to say the least.

You can't play this offline fyi and I was on as soon as patch was finished and barely saw any one in starting island and areas up to SM. And I'm on TR so should have been at least a nice group but there wasn't.

This is what happens when Kumas is the way most people use to level up their characters.

At my end I didn't notice if there were many or few male brawlers at highwatch but while leveling doing dungeons on IM I was matched in parties with 4 male brawlers and 1 healer.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ElinUsagi wrote: »
    Killstyle wrote: »

This is what happens when Kumas is the way most people use to level up their characters.

At my end I didn't notice if there were many or few male brawlers at highwatch but while leveling doing dungeons on IM I was matched in parties with 4 male brawlers and 1 healer.

I don't do Kumas. I did only story quest and nothing else.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    Good on the male character players to finally have access to one of the new classes.

Us poor femani fans, on the other hand...
    (I'm also aware that a femani class wouldn't be profitable as there's just too few fans so we'll likely never see one)
  • Solheim wrote: »
    (I'm also aware that a femani class wouldn't be profitable as there's just too few fans so we'll likely never see one)

Lol, if only we all could have access to all classes with all races like most other games. v_________v
  • CornishRexCornishRex ✭✭✭✭✭
    > @DioHatesDogs said:
    > Solheim wrote: »
    >
    > (I'm also aware that a femani class wouldn't be profitable as there's just too few fans so we'll likely never see one)
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Lol, if only we all could have access to all classes with all races like most other games. v_________v

Most games don't do that though. Plenty mmos, new and old, had restricted classes and races.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    Most games don't do that though. Plenty mmos, new and old, had restricted classes and races.
    I know that. My attempt at a light hearted comment obviously flopped, I suppose.
    > @DioHatesDogs said:
    > CornishRex wrote: »
    >
    > Most games don't do that though. Plenty mmos, new and old, had restricted classes and races.
    >
    >
    >
    > I know that. My attempt at a light hearted comment obviously flopped, I suppose.

Woops my [filtered] strikes again, I was even stuck thinking for a while if it was sarcasm or not
    OH WELL
  • Here's how it is.
    The devs only care about female chars, which is why all new classes are gender locked.
    to make them available to male chars, they'd need to make new gunner armors for each race/gender, which would take a lot of time, as well as new animation for each race/gender...and they'd rather not.
    With brawler they did the bare minimum of just stuffing human male model on female skeleton, because they don't want to do anything more with male chars.
    To me the devs are pervs who probably sit and do hentai with the female chars, and don't really care about the game all that much anymore.
    If they were serious about the game, they'd have taken the time and effort to make all new classes for every race/gender, but they don't.
    The whole thing with human male brawler, is the laziest effort i've ever seen in any game, it should show everyone where the devs stand.
    I mean, it took them YEARS to even make the laziest effort ever, to make male brawler.
    It doesn't matter if less people play male chars - less people play elin, so by that logic, they shouldn't release elin exclusive classes at all.
    To repeat what i said above, the devs do what they want to do, they don't give a [filtered] about the players, least of all non-Korean players.
  • CornishRex wrote: »
    Woops my [filtered] strikes again, I was even stuck thinking for a while if it was sarcasm or not
    OH WELL
    LOL It's fine.
  • vkobevkobe ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solheim wrote: »

Lol, if only we all could have access to all classes with all races like most other games. v_________v

tera is not the first and the only and the last mmorpg to have race/gender class
  • MidokuPastaMidokuPasta ✭✭✭✭
    I bought one of the fashion bags and two of the weapons. Got the Rogues Gallery weapon skin * which is amazing*, got the blue plasma fists, and got the hydrath costume. I think I did alright and would have bought more if I had the funds for it.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    RNNT4FP55J wrote: »
    Here's how it is.
    The devs only care about female chars, which is why all new classes are gender locked.
    to make them available to male chars, they'd need to make new gunner armors for each race/gender, which would take a lot of time, as well as new animation for each race/gender...and they'd rather not.
    With brawler they did the bare minimum of just stuffing human male model on female skeleton, because they don't want to do anything more with male chars.
    To me the devs are pervs who probably sit and do hentai with the female chars, and don't really care about the game all that much anymore.
    If they were serious about the game, they'd have taken the time and effort to make all new classes for every race/gender, but they don't.
    The whole thing with human male brawler, is the laziest effort i've ever seen in any game, it should show everyone where the devs stand.
    I mean, it took them YEARS to even make the laziest effort ever, to make male brawler.
    It doesn't matter if less people play male chars - less people play elin, so by that logic, they shouldn't release elin exclusive classes at all.
    To repeat what i said above, the devs do what they want to do, they don't give a [filtered] about the players, least of all non-Korean players.

Aww please, pulling the "you're all perverts" card again, can't even think of a better argument?

It's OBVIOUSLY haflassed. It's not a new class and more like a try out of a base concept (male characters - worth halfassing it or not even that?). Elin Gunner was the EXACT same thing. Don't try to argue back, they're a Ctrl+C - Ctrl+V of Castanic gunner with a new in-combat idle stance - guess what - exactly like Male Brawler.
    Proportionally, it took them LONGER to halfass an Elin Gunner, than to make Male Brawler, considering the release interval between original class and the copy & paste on new race/gender. Neither were even meant to be a big thing, but rather just a filler. Fun fact: Elin Gunner, even halfassed as-is, is what Elin fans wanted anyway. But well, you can't please male fans it seems, not even taking a small step 1st to maybe one day take a bigger one, nooo.... Give 'em a male class? "It's not what I wanted!". Well, whatever I guess.
    That "less people play elin" logic has no real logic behind it to begin with, you just need to look at the 5th anniversary infographic. If you're trying to compare the full percentage of all males of all races to Elin alone, then well, that's quite a crappy comparison and it's funny to see how well Elin stands against that much competition as well.

You're saying over and over on the post that they don't care about the game cause not making males. But.... well... sadly it's not that you just let devs do as they please, they do as the money says. Girls sell, sorry to break it down to this. It's NOT a wise investment to dump tons of money (even the copy and paste job requires someone to be paid to do, and debug it to an extent, then make it not have interaction problems lore-wise and such) into something with uncertain return. And basically, you are one of the many reasons why they are indeed not caring about it. Do the porting, promote it, release, and the ones who screamed "MALES NOW!" the most suddenly spit at it. Reminder I don't see any Elin Gunner players complaining about the carbon copying there.

Oh well, seems like TERA's 2nd worst enemy after the management team is not the programming team anymore, I rank the playerbase the 2nd worst enemy beating by far the lack of optimization.
    RNNT4FP55J wrote: »
    Here's how it is.

There are prolly most elins in this game my dude, look at the stats published every once in a while. The reason why there are no males is because they're surprise surprise not profitable, not because the devs are perverts lmao
  • Wow. This devolved in to: Girl$ rule and boys drool!
This discussion has been closed.