[TR] Meme is recruiting. Free mounts giveaway

Our original guild name is Duang, name changed to Meme after a straw poll in our guild discord. Our old recruit thread is here:https://forums.enmasse.com/tera/discussion/20709/tr-duang-is-recruiting-with-levelup-rewards-of-etching-boxs-mount-and-more

We are an active PvE focused guild in Tempest Reach server. We run all popular dungeons every day, and we are able to take new players to all 412-431 dungeons for a run-through.
Current guild level is 185 (catching up to top 30 pretty fast as a new guild), we have learned all the useful guild buffs and we level up roughly every two days. We are mostly in EST/PST (GMT-5/-8 timezone), English speaking players, but we do have Asian (especially Chinese players) in our guild too.
We also have our own discord server to chat outside the game and host events: https://discord.gg/hXp9hGH Our discord is not mandatory to join but I strongly encourage you to join, it is for both your own and our benefit. A lot of the information is passed through discord, not through guild chat.

We are looking for all new/veteran players, as long as you are actively playing the game(this is pretty much the only requirement we have - we just don't want a dead guild). Talkative/social is a huge plus (guild chat is quiet most of the time, looking to improve that!). You can join us with a guild apply or /w me for an invite. I'm usually on Pad, Eln or Three if online.

About our rewarding program for new player/alt character level up:
We offer any character under lv20 (new or veteran) a bundle of rewards to join our guild and level up. The rewards include 3 Superior Etching Box, one mount skill book, and various shape changers in a total of about 15,000 gold worth of value. These rewards can help you to better modify/enjoy your new character. You can find out the details in our discord server PINNED message.
Plus, if you don't want to stay in the guild, we still offer you the rewards. You can join the guild before lv20, get to lv65 and leave after you get the rewards. In another word, leave or stay is up to you.
This offer will remain valid for as long as I still play TERA.

Leave a comment below if you have any question, I will try my best to answer them.

Update: I have turned my focus away from TERA, you are still very welcomed to join the guild Meme, but I do not give out rewards anymore. I still have 22 mounts left, if you joined the guild and want a free mount, just ask me and I will mail one to you.

Comments

• Of all the recruiters, this is the one that has caught my attention. For the last two weeks I've been trying to find the right MMORPG for me. TERA has been my choice after having tried all the great titles in the market. I would like to start my adventure on this server and I would love to do it with the help of experienced players who can guide me through an efficient path. I am a hardcore player, with the possibility of playing around 10 hours a day. I am interested in creating several alts to accelerate the progress on my main and I would need a tutor who could guide me in details such as: "efficient ways to reach level 65 ASAP, suitable classes for my range of latency, what to do, what not to do, etc." I am a 27 year old philosopher, I believe in reciprocity in both goodness and evil. With the help of you I could gain experience and contribute more strengths and strength to the guild, after arriving at the position that you are in, I would be happy to help my fellow novices or experts as I was helped, making them strong to you will make me strong, and vice versa. I am currently downloading the game, I do not have a class decided, my decision will depend on the latency that I may have.

Please excuse me if there are grammatical errors in my text, English is not my mother tongue and it has been several years since I returned from England.

=)
  • edited June 11
    K4WK6EWELP wrote: »
    Of all the recruiters, this is the one that has caught my attention. For the last two weeks I've been trying to find the right MMORPG for me. TERA has been my choice after having tried all the great titles in the market. I would like to start my adventure on this server and I would love to do it with the help of experienced players who can guide me through an efficient path. I am a hardcore player, with the possibility of playing around 10 hours a day. I am interested in creating several alts to accelerate the progress on my main and I would need a tutor who could guide me in details such as: "efficient ways to reach level 65 ASAP, suitable classes for my range of latency, what to do, what not to do, etc." I am a 27 year old philosopher, I believe in reciprocity in both goodness and evil. With the help of you I could gain experience and contribute more strengths and strength to the guild, after arriving at the position that you are in, I would be happy to help my fellow novices or experts as I was helped, making them strong to you will make me strong, and vice versa. I am currently downloading the game, I do not have a class decided, my decision will depend on the latency that I may have.

Please excuse me if there are grammatical errors in my text, English is not my mother tongue and it has been several years since I returned from England.

=)

Hello, welcome to TERA, we are glad that you choose our guild.
    First of all, choosing the right class is important, but it would take me hours to explain each class's playstyle. I can give you a website where you can find all the class guides and read them yourself: https://essentialmana.com/category/class-guide/ (Make sure you add an ad-blocker browser extension before you visit this website.)
    Keep in mind that Mystic and Priest are healers. Brawler and Lancer are tanks, warrior can efficiently tank too. (the game design team wanted to make berserker able to tank but they failed, zerker cannot tank efficiently). All other classes are DPS. Oh BTW, right now this game lacks good Lancers, though in a future patch, playing lancer in the hardest endgame content will be a little bit challenging. However Lancer is always the best tank if played properly, in both present and the future. Good lancer is always demanding, and always the most welcomed class.

Second, leveling up from 1-65 is basically an introduction to the game, it's long and boring, but if you do not experience it you will end up quitting the game because of lack of knowledge of how different interaction between user interfaces and between monster/players. DO NOT use the lv60 scroll in the cash shop as a new player, it ruins the game and contributed to the fact that this game has become less and less popular. Most new player who used it have quitted the game (I haven't seen a single one of them that are new, used this scroll then play this game for more than a month, they all quitted because they have no idea of what they are doing.)
    The best advise I can give for a hardcore new player is: spam dungeons, you can do the red quest (story quest) until level 20, then run dungeons all the way up to level 65. It is hard to find people to run dungeon with, you will need to make LFG (Looking for group function, default hotkey is Y) to find people that are in similar level as you, and also use the instance matching function.
    You don't need to enchant your gears before you reach lv65, just use whatever you got that has better stats and do dungeons. If dungeons parties become way too hard to find, you can also try Kumas Battleground. It gives a ton of exp and kinda fun to play for the first a few times but it doesn't really give you too much in-game knowledge.

Finally, when you reach lv65, follow the lv65 red quests, the NPC will give you basic gears (you can throw away all other gears you obtained from leveling, they are completely a waste of inventory space after you get to lv65) and guide you to a small solo dungeons to complete the storyline and give you a lot of valuable rewards. Remember to also let me know so I can give you my reward bundle.
    Level 65 is where the game starts, you have a lot of things to do, and essentialmana.com is a site where you can find almost everything you need - while the current site owner is not an ethical human being, have done controversial things, but the site has many player made dungeon/class/gearing guides, read them is much better than asking me or any other player. (use ad blocker)
  • I am interested in joining your guild. I have been away from Tera for a while, mostly due to the fact that my old desktop stopped working. I lack a lot of knowledge on the game mechanics and other aspects of the game, and so am looking for a guild that can help me learn and improve.

I have played MMOs for a very long time. I started playing World of Warcraft 7-8 years ago, and have grown to love the genre. I am very new to Tera, however, and I would love to be in a guild that would be able to help and guide me through the game. I haven't really played many MMOs with an focus on action gameplay such as Tera. I am highly interested in participating in end game content once I have reached the maximum level. I currently live in the EST timezone. I am still in school, and will be active after around 3:00 PM EST.

Question: What character would be easy to pick up and/or learn? I am very inexperienced in action combat. Is there a class that is easier/simpler to play or provides a good starting point from which I can branch into more complex classes? I would prefer to play a healing/support character and am willing to learn to tank, although I prefer not to play a pure damage role. I am most experienced with playing a healer, at least in other MMOs.

Are there any requirements other than being an active player? For example, is there an age requirement?
  • edited March 5
    Ascha90 wrote: »
    I am interested in joining your guild. I have been away from Tera for a while, mostly due to the fact that my old desktop stopped working. I lack a lot of knowledge on the game mechanics and other aspects of the game, and so am looking for a guild that can help me learn and improve.

I have played MMOs for a very long time. I started playing World of Warcraft 7-8 years ago, and have grown to love the genre. I am very new to Tera, however, and I would love to be in a guild that would be able to help and guide me through the game. I haven't really played many MMOs with an focus on action gameplay such as Tera. I am highly interested in participating in end game content once I have reached the maximum level. I currently live in the EST timezone. I am still in school, and will be active after around 3:00 PM EST.

Question: What character would be easy to pick up and/or learn? I am very inexperienced in action combat. Is there a class that is easier/simpler to play or provides a good starting point from which I can branch into more complex classes? I would prefer to play a healing/support character and am willing to learn to tank, although I prefer not to play a pure damage role. I am most experienced with playing a healer, at least in other MMOs.

Are there any requirements other than being an active player? For example, is there an age requirement?

Hello, IMO choosing a class is completely depending on personal preference, different people believe different classes are easier/learn faster. All classes have very different playstyles. In general I believe most people think archer and zerker are easy, but I think zerker require a lot of time to practice in order to do smooth/optimal skill rotations in endgame dungeons. My suggestion would be the same as I replied to the other person, read those class guides I linked and judge them by yourself.

As of guild requirement, the only requirement is actively playing the game. We are looking to grow as a guild, in order to do that we will need to complete guild quests, and we complete them by running dungeons. So pretty much everyone will contribute to the guild quest while they are playing the game.

Please apply through Guilds on Server by searching "Meme".
  • Wow, you guys give rewards? That's pretty damn awesome. I'm downloading Tera again and starting fresh on a zerk this week. I'll definitely apply to this guild!
  • YJNWM4AXTY wrote: »
    Wow, you guys give rewards? That's pretty damn awesome. I'm downloading Tera again and starting fresh on a zerk this week. I'll definitely apply to this guild!

I hope you enjoy your stay.
  • We are looking for players that can do guild dungeon runs daily, especially looking for Lancer/Brawlers.
  • Thread title has been modified for this few weeks as male Brawler releases, will change back later.
  • What is you ingame name and how can I contact /find you ingame or in discord?
  • SelenyaSelenya ✭✭
    Hello !
    I'm interested, my main is a priest, but I have some questions : is it okay if I'm not really active, I mean like everyday ?
    I like to do HM anyway I'm skilled everywhere, except RKH and HH.
    I have a friend who is maybe interested too, we are both geared on SC, but more casuals, so we play for fun, and we are both french :)

Thank you in advance !
  • XWREEK7CFF wrote: »
    What is you ingame name and how can I contact /find you ingame or in discord?

Hello, you can find me in our guild discord: https://discord.gg/hXp9hGH or in-game name Pad. If you want to join the guild, simply use the Guild on Server function to search our guild name: Meme and apply.

Selenya wrote: »
    Hello !
    I'm interested, my main is a priest, but I have some questions : is it okay if I'm not really active, I mean like everyday ?
    I like to do HM anyway I'm skilled everywhere, except RKH and HH.
    I have a friend who is maybe interested too, we are both geared on SC, but more casuals, so we play for fun, and we are both french :)

Thank you in advance !

We are now looking for people who run a lot of dungeons daily - mainly because we lack this kind of players. A lot of the time someone asks in guild chat about running a dungeon, there is only silence. We need people who want to run stuff and are able to run with guildies on a daily basis. Also, guild spot is pretty tight at this moment due to many people join with their male brawler characters for the levelup rewards that I offer.
    That being said if you believe you are able to run dungeons in most of the days, you are very welcomed. Otherwise, I'm sorry.
  • SelenyaSelenya ✭✭
    Thank you for the clarifications ! So I think we are not good for your guild for now =x Thanks.
  • lvl 9 priest looking for a guild and a buddy mentor code. I have a lvl 9 priest. Redelin in game name
  • 17 more spots available, right now we are only recruiting active players who can do guild dungeon runs daily(any dungeon), or levelups.
    Please apply through Guilds on Server function.
  • Looking for active members!