[TERA Console] We will enter maintenance on 05/26 (Tue) at 7:00 p.m. PT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following thread: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance
[TERA PC] We confirmed that an issue with Civil Unrest persists, so Civil Unrest will remain disabled until further notice. Thank you for understanding.

Now is time for Males to make their word worth.

1235»

Comments


  • Ardire wrote: »
    Ah yeah I'm totally gonna believe infographics from a company that totally knows their game so well! Totally!

    Bite me. Use your own eyes and brains for once in your lifetime. Male castanics have been the most popular male races since the inception of this game. I think anyone who's played Tera long enough with functioning eyes and a working memory would know this. And how many male humans do you even see-- better yet how many do you see decked out in expensive cosmetics? Compared to castanics? I wish infographics gave some actual detailed, useful stats instead of just 'character creation number', it don't matter if there's 2.2 human males if 80% of them are sitting in lowbie levels for the rest of their days.

    Been here since beta, the #1 male class is castanic, all I have are mostly male castanics

    I don't know what it looks like now but the for 3 odd years that I was with this game the most seen male class for me was castanic followed by human males which I'd say was at least a 2 to 1 ratio
  • feminziifeminzii ✭✭✭
    i definitely see as many human males as any other male. maybe most of the cool guys in highwatch don't play them, but there's plenty.
    to say they're second least popular next to baraka is a reach lmao
  • DioHatesDogsDioHatesDogs ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    Mm. Yeah. I'll say that human males are second behind in popularity to Castanic with Aman's closely following. From what I've personally witnessed throughout the years, any way. After that: Elf > Baraka.

    Edit: I left out Popori. I tend to forget those exist. Squeeze them in between Elf and Baraka, I guess.
  • sasilo wrote: »
    I like the sentiment of this post, but, regardless, the stats from this making this move will not necessarily reflect the full picture. As has already been brought up in a previous post, much of the target market for male characters has already given up on the game long ago.

    There is something to be said about maintaining longevity in a game, and having the majority of new releases gender-locked female characters or elins paints a poor picture for the state of development for some players. Yes, even when given the choice, most of the Tera playerbase, as a fact, will choose the Elin, but that doesn't mean the variety of choice they saw when they first gave the game a try didn't incentivize them to give the game a try in the first place.

    In a similar vein, we could argue that giving away free cosmetic items from events that were previously available in the cash shop would also initially decrease their profits, and yet it's still done because it maintains player retention and satisfaction, if done correctly. I hate to bring it up, as Tera is obviously not directly comparable, but I think Warframe is an example of a game developer that manages this balance of profits vs. player satisfaction very well. And it shows, from the playerbase response: see most recent release of Excalibur Dex.

    Whether it's pulling a loss in investment or not, just offering the freedom of choice can attract new/existing players to invest more money/time in the game overall. By creating a balanced number of male characters, less people would feel alienated, and the playerbase would likely be larger than it currently is.

    By the way, offering products even at a loss can be a valid business strategy. Here's an article link as an example: https://www.inc.com/karl-and-bill/selling-your-product-at-a-loss-can-be-good-for-business.html

    I think in this particular case, the closest strategy would be the 'loss leader': https://www.investopedia.com/terms/l/lossleader.asp

    We know from Tera game reviews, such as steam, that there are a fair share of potential/prior players that were turned off from the lack of attention to male characters. The playerbase of Tera as a whole suffers from this, and consequently, the population of Tera decreases.

    Yes, we don't know for a fact that more evenly releasing male/female characters would've helped the state of the game in the end, but we certainly can't draw the conclusion that the financials reflected from releasing the male brawler is the end-all-be-all either.

    I'm sure the Tera developers/publishers have used data analytics to track profit trends to the best of their abilities, but I would argue that, in my opinion, from past development work, their business model has been short-sighted, and they could have improved the longevity of the game by releasing a more balanced proportion of male:female characters, among other things. Heck, what do I know? The Tera developers/publishers may not even be aiming for longevity. We all know the gaming industry is a break-neck environment currently. Game engines get outdated so fast, and investing in a game that will likely be obsolete in just a couple years may prove to be unwise.

    Point is, there is a balance when discussing business models, and it's actually really difficult to determine the exact operations to achieve max. profit, because financials don't paint the full picture. The initial impact of releasing male characters might result in a net loss, but it's hard to accurately predict how the negative feelings associated with imbalanced development might impact future earnings.

    That's my sentiment, and you said it better than i did :)
    "Heck, what do I know? The Tera developers/publishers may not even be aiming for longevity."
    You know, i was thinking that too, that's why i think they might be doing stuff halfassed, so that the game will die, so they won't have to bother with it anymore, without just calling it quits, and closing the servers for no reason.
    I mean this stuff around male brawler: it took 3 years, no new animation, female humans cant change race to male brawler, they removed the ability to swap costumes to male versions,and what else...it's like...-.- what are they even thinking?
  • ArkacciArkacci ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    I'm not gonna quote passionate screams here, it's just useless to do so after all, and just leave this here: Stop posing as if I'm just not caring about you male players. I was glad the male brawler came, regardless of wanting one or not. I don't really care if you guys get all new classes unlocked for males while the females ain't getting all unlocks (like all female races Gunner, Ninjas, Valkyries and Reapers), I ain't caring about that.
    What I really think is pretty disgusting, is how after all those years, you all make nothing else than excuses that it's not what you wanted, you trash it as much as possible. It just shows it wasn't worth it after all. I'm not even saying you should get used to bad content (hey, you're a TERA player, you should by now), it's just as much you should expect from a niche filler, a shot in the dark. You can claim you didn't want any exclusivity or stuff like that but the final form shows otherwise, the entire bashing shows exactly that. You wanted the perfection that you're not paying for.

    People come and go from TERA, people come back, leave for a while, even I do this and I used to be mad passionate about this game. Now if you're telling me that the male fans ain't bothering coming back, it's too late, it's too bad to bother, then it all just shows: why even care about those loud mouths after all?

    All I see is passionate screaming of caps lock assault rifles shooting "I want this game to be better!!" while trashing the steps it takes into it's direction. You didn't want it to get better, you wanted it all exactly your way. You'll not get it, you don't move enough money to scream and get served on a golden plate 1 second after your screams. You got something, you cussed it directly. You just proved it wasn't worth.

    Yes, I know it's all a big snowball, it started with female preference, they moved more money (possibly disproportionally more than gender distribution would make it look), and in turn they invest more on the bigger money maker, leading to it's expansion. But the snowball had a reason to keep getting bigger, based on the players in most part. Now, they've gone on the opposite direction of their sure money grabber, and done a small step to try pleasing the playerbase that wants males. And what they get? Well, you can see it here. "It's too terrible", "It's too late, they've all left", "it's too little to come back". Conclusion? Screw that, back to Elin.

    You're exactly reason why they don't bother.

    Well wow, i was just going to reply with a sentence or 2, but i always go overboard lol. anyway.
    tldr: Elin is cancer and killed the game. Now this little group of elin think they saved the game, with costumes.
    If you got cancer, you should get rid of it.
    Loudmouths can make or break a game.
    The breadcrumbs we are getting, won't make bread.
    Step back, and take a look at the big picture (or my big wall of text)
    keep calm and pet a cat (no not Elin)

    It's not that people aren't happy about finally getting male brawler, we are.
    We expected some kind of basic quality, instead of the obvious minimum effort.
    It's like, let's say they add a new race, but the model only has 100 polygons, instead of 1000 of other races, of course people would go "whaaat the F??" If they add new content, that content needs to follow the same quality as the rest of the game, or it will be a glaring problem that will scare people off, like Sasilo said in prev post.
    Or what if they add a new map, with minecraft looking terrain? it will look extremely out of place, that's what people are complaining about.
    As a business who's trying to make money, having this attitude that they can just throw out some halfassed content like this....it's really not ok; if these people worked for another company, this lazy attitude would get them fired in a second.
    They have an image they need to maintain, and they don't seem to bother.
    I mean, let's say you go to a 5star restaurant, but they have dirty furniture from a second-hand store, and the chef is someone from Gordon Ramsey Kitchen Nightmare show? of course a 5* restaurant can't do [filtered] like that - they need to maintain a level of quality and professionalism.
    BHS needs to do that too; they aren't a 5* restaurant ofc, but if they want lots of players and income, then they absolutely must maintain a certain level of quality and professionalism, and they haven't, as you yourself said with Elin Gunners as one example.
    The complaints are about the quality, nothing else. And it's because we know the game CAN do better, if the devs put in the effort to do so.
    If they did, then a lot more gamers would go: ooh wow these devs are great, look at all this quality content they are putting out, this is a game i want to invest in...now it's the other way around, which is why there's not a very big playerbase remaining.

    Whatever you yourself think about Elin, you're well aware of the negative attitude towards Elin.
    If BHS focus all their efforts to promote Tera as an Elin inspired game, with mostly Elin players....that WILL have a negative impact on the entire image of the game, and it WILL have a negative long-term effect on people playing or not. It might seem like a good idea, because there's a lot of elin players, but it also means only the few people who like elin, play the game anymore, while everyone else left.
    I haven't played Tera since shortly after launch, but i heard lots of examples of Elin players trolling about the [filtered] stuff, in chat, so a lot of players got tired of it and quit the game. So in a sense you can say it was Elin that ruined the game, so when they were the only players left, it would seem like oh look Elin saved the game with buying all these Elin costumes \o/ but that's not the fair image of what actually happened.
    Tera used to have a large population of varied race/gender, now it's a small population with mostly Elin.
    This remaining Elin population is what's preventing the community from growing, because it's what ruined the community to begin with, with the [filtered] brand - so actually, posting pics that show that the vast majorty of Tera players, are Elin....is actually reaaaally bad for the game. And saying stuff like: Elin saved the game with costume sales, is even worse; feeding the [filtered] brand, isn't exactly going to encourage new ppl to play, or previous gamers, to return.

    Tera is one of the most expensive MMOs ever made, it was a very big project, so it's not a niche filler or shot in the dark.
    It's a question about: what came first, the chicken or the egg.
    You can't make a [filtered] game, and expect players to throw all their money at it, and THEN the devs can make quality content, that YOU payed for...it doesn't work like that. They had a massive budget, and with that they should make quality content, that players want to pay for, so the company can get the money for production back, and then make profit, to expand the game with.
    "You wanted the perfection that you're not paying for."
    Let me rephrase this: I want quality that I want to pay for.
    If the devs show me they care about the game and are serious about it, if they show me a roadmap of plans for the future, that makes me go: oh wow, then i'll pay. I'm not going to pay them to make more Elin content.
    The majority of gamers aren't coming back because of the reasons i mentioned above=Elin is cancer. and also lack of quality.
    If the devs started showing some quality content, people would get interested again. That's why i decided to try Tera again, for PS4 - I saw all these new classes, and there's obviously lots of new dungeons and stuff, so i thought it would be fun to try the game again, after several years.
    But now.....ehm....yah....every new class released since launch, are genderlocked, it's all about Elin and costumes, they seem to have removed most of the quests from the game, which makes the lore....seem none existent, you just quickly visit a few maps here and there, and make a delivery or 2 before going to next map. all BAMs and bosses have been severely nerfed. you get free yellow relic weps, and can make them +9 without trying, so tanks feel like burst damage dealer, and Zerks can one-shot BAMs? Elite status give you a book, that you can travel anywhere with, so you just warp to a new town every 10min, and turn in main story quests; there's not many side-quests, and they only give like 100k xp anyway, when main quest give 7mil, so why bother? I out-level all quests, by 5-10lv just by doing main quest, and running a few dungeons.
    Apparently i need to farm BAMs endlessly to buy costumes, just to not look like a bikini doll, (most costumes look like bikini dolls anyway) if i play a female character which i have to do if i want to play any of the new classes. It took them years to unlock Gunner to Elin, and male Brawler, while being severely lazy about it; with the level of quality they displayed, they could have unlocked all classes/races/genders, in less than a month, but if they did, more people would leave, because of the crappy quality associated with it.
    Now Fem brawlers cant turn into male brawlers, ppl who change gender, can't convert their costumes...so exactly what am i suppsed to be excited enough about, to pay for?

    "why even care about those loud mouths after all?"
    Because if they did, those loudmouths would come back, and be loudmouthed about how awesome the game is, which would make more loudmouths come back, and then Tera would have a big community again \o/

    "while trashing the steps it takes into it's direction."
    towards more Elin costumes, and making bad quality content?

    "served on a golden plate"
    ehm, i'll reply with quoting you: "I'm not even saying you should get used to bad content (hey, you're a TERA player, you should by now)"
    Which part is the golden plate?

    "Conclusion? Screw that, back to Elin."
    Yah...if you really wanna kill the game, then sure.
    Elin lovers are a minority group, if you cater to a minority group, your game will never ever grow.
    As i said, you already see this with how few ppl play Tera.

    I'll give you a real life example.
    My brother lived in a small town, working at IKEA HQ, he had a very good position and good pay, but he and his girlfriend were unhappy, especially his GF, with their social situation. His GF got burnt out, and stuff was bad, so they decided to move back to our hometown, where they had all their friends and family.
    So my brother gave up his job and pay, with no new job, so it was a really risky decision.
    You know what? he got offered a new postion at his previous job, as a consultat, which he could mostly work as from home, at half time, with tripple his previous pay. He could spend most of his time with his family, kid and friends, and only travel to IKEA on business meetings now and then.
    Conclusion? take a risk, it might be the best decision you ever made in your life.
    The devs in this game aren't taking any risks, and as a result they can make no profit, since they only do the safe thing by catering to Elin.
    At this pace, Tera will never ever be successful, which is a shame.
    The best thing the devs could do at this point, is to try to get back the trust of the gamers, like they did with re-making FF14 from scratch.
    They need to take big risks, if they want the game to prosper.
    But right now it's more like a stranded fish, gulping for air, but it doesn't have any energy left to even thrash.
    So if you enjoy this game as it is, good for you :)

    "You're exactly reason why they don't bother."
    I'm the reason they should bother, and you're the reason the game is such a mess.
    you're overly emotional, short sighted, selfish, conservative, and defend every misstake the devs make, and have this misguided mindset that the misstakes they make, is a step in the right direction, when you can't even see the abyss it's leading towards.
    You seem like the person who would defend your abusive partner, just because he/she is sometimes nice, but mostly punching you...because they care about you.
    also you have this weird idea that men are bad for the game, and a bad influence, and should be disregarded, when men are the biggest demography in action MMOs, and then you think it's strange that the devs are short on money, and can't even release male brawlers with new animations, because it would make them go bankrupt :dizzy:
    I mean seriously...come on...just stop, your attitude is detrimental to the game, even if you have good intentions.
  • SolheimSolheim ✭✭✭
    Personally I disagree with the premise of this post that "now there's a male class, prove it was a good idea" for two main reasons.
    First: it's a low quality copypaste job.
    Second: it's not a new class. Most people who already like brawler have one geared. And not many people want to restart the whole gearing process.

    In addition to all of that, I personally think human males look terrible. Proportions are all wrong. If it was Amani brawlers, I might be interested.
    But that's just it, isn't it? Everyone likes something different so just generalizing to "a male class" is incredibly disingenuous.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems you like typing, so hope you like reading, cause I did bother reading your wall, go on to mine then: I get it, I get it. Quite easy to take a 5 min. analysis and see you're avoiding as much the easily detectable as flaming therm "elin players are all a bunch of ped0s" as expected.
    More so, you're just putting your group which is only bigger than the Femani fanbase as some kind of special gods who would have made TERA the WoW killer and all.

    Sadly, you have absolutely nothing to back your claims that they killed the game and your so beloved males would have saved it. Contrary to that, the interview I linked proves my point. The infographics from past years prove my point. But you'll still claim to be some kind of neglected savior of the game that would have succeeded if it wasn't for adding Elins, which weren't even a playable race at start, but got added into the betas per request as a filler race. Turns out, infographics prove this was a good idea.

    They ARE shooting in the dark in even investing into a copy & paste of another class to males. They did the exact same copy & paste for Elin Gunner, and this is why I say there's a whole lot of difference and weird entitlement from the male playerbase: Elin fans knew since the start it was just a crappy copy, all we cared was making an Elin Gunner. Now, if you compare both male Brawlers and Elin Gunners, you could see how moot the point of "everyone who wanted to make a (class here) already did so and won't do again" argument is. I'm waiting for data to rub on the people who use this excuse.

    "Elin lovers are a minority group, if you cater to a minority group, your game will never ever grow.
    As i said, you already see this with how few ppl play Tera."
    The minority as I said, shows well in the infographics even from many years ago when there wasn't any proper bias towards them from the developers, when they were just that filler race that made success. Again, claiming BS is easier than refuting it. And you've got absolutely 0 data to back your claims that I'm the niche (which I still know I am, but inside the TERA community, which IS a niche hence I'm a niche, I'm not), while you're some kind of savior to rescue the game cause this horrible race is ruining it since start.

    Call it a quick money grab all you want, this is how the business works, they are working TO grab the money, the quicker and cheaper for higher income the better. Male brawler was a shot in the dark, listening to only loud mouths that proclaim themselves to save the game, yet... they're here cussing.

    yet, this is only the more factual analysis of the post, and then comes the golden part: the personal warfare of anyone who disagrees with you passionately:

    "you're overly emotional, short sighted, selfish, conservative, and defend every misstake the devs make, and have this misguided mindset that the misstakes they make, is a step in the right direction, when you can't even see the abyss it's leading towards." Heh, directly personal, at least no frills on that. The funniest part is that your very 1st comments were exactly this same pattern, complaining selfishly how it's not what you expected and short sighted in not seeing this at all as some 1st step towards making the class restrictions less of a thing. And now you know me perfectly, that I "defend every developer's mistake", nice try in hiding the "whiteknight" word there to avoid mods, but I'm not dumb enough to not see it. Funniest thing is I said on one of the 1st posts on this trend of male brawler after release that the devs were among TERA's worst enemies. Oh well, convenient memory/lack of reading!
    "You seem like the person who would defend your abusive partner, just because he/she is sometimes nice, but mostly punching you...because they care about you." Thanks for another completely stupid personal jab that makes no sense. Yet you want to be taken seriously.

    "also you have this weird idea that men are bad for the game, and a bad influence, and should be disregarded, [...]" Where the HECK this came from??? You're literally inventing words and things I never said nor tried to hide (unlike someone here is trying to).

    Your whole life story tho, nice, good for the parts involved. Like. I. Cared. And you literally just showing what I'm trying to say too: the management took a little risk (investing in low income source), now just make that investment worth it. Show they should invest MORE on it. Not what you're doing. Taking your dumb abusive relationship thing you claim about me: why don't you show how good it is when good is made instead of cussing at it when there's a lot more to complain about?


    Funniest part is I see this crap going on and on, mods are likely not active on weekend so monday morning this will be closed. Hopefully. Cause it sure ain't getting productive anymore. Passionate screams and personal attacks cause disagrees, nice job. "But you're a child doing the same" yes, I should just quietly take crap on me I assume?
  • ElinLove wrote: »
    Seems you like typing, so hope you like reading, cause I did bother reading your wall, go on to mine then: I get it, I get it. Quite easy to take a 5 min. analysis and see you're avoiding as much the easily detectable as flaming therm "elin players are all a bunch of ped0s" as expected.
    More so, you're just putting your group which is only bigger than the Femani fanbase as some kind of special gods who would have made TERA the WoW killer and all.

    Sadly, you have absolutely nothing to back your claims that they killed the game and your so beloved males would have saved it. Contrary to that, the interview I linked proves my point. The infographics from past years prove my point. But you'll still claim to be some kind of neglected savior of the game that would have succeeded if it wasn't for adding Elins, which weren't even a playable race at start, but got added into the betas per request as a filler race. Turns out, infographics prove this was a good idea.

    They ARE shooting in the dark in even investing into a copy & paste of another class to males. They did the exact same copy & paste for Elin Gunner, and this is why I say there's a whole lot of difference and weird entitlement from the male playerbase: Elin fans knew since the start it was just a crappy copy, all we cared was making an Elin Gunner. Now, if you compare both male Brawlers and Elin Gunners, you could see how moot the point of "everyone who wanted to make a (class here) already did so and won't do again" argument is. I'm waiting for data to rub on the people who use this excuse.

    "Elin lovers are a minority group, if you cater to a minority group, your game will never ever grow.
    As i said, you already see this with how few ppl play Tera."
    The minority as I said, shows well in the infographics even from many years ago when there wasn't any proper bias towards them from the developers, when they were just that filler race that made success. Again, claiming BS is easier than refuting it. And you've got absolutely 0 data to back your claims that I'm the niche (which I still know I am, but inside the TERA community, which IS a niche hence I'm a niche, I'm not), while you're some kind of savior to rescue the game cause this horrible race is ruining it since start.

    Call it a quick money grab all you want, this is how the business works, they are working TO grab the money, the quicker and cheaper for higher income the better. Male brawler was a shot in the dark, listening to only loud mouths that proclaim themselves to save the game, yet... they're here cussing.

    yet, this is only the more factual analysis of the post, and then comes the golden part: the personal warfare of anyone who disagrees with you passionately:

    "you're overly emotional, short sighted, selfish, conservative, and defend every misstake the devs make, and have this misguided mindset that the misstakes they make, is a step in the right direction, when you can't even see the abyss it's leading towards." Heh, directly personal, at least no frills on that. The funniest part is that your very 1st comments were exactly this same pattern, complaining selfishly how it's not what you expected and short sighted in not seeing this at all as some 1st step towards making the class restrictions less of a thing. And now you know me perfectly, that I "defend every developer's mistake", nice try in hiding the "whiteknight" word there to avoid mods, but I'm not dumb enough to not see it. Funniest thing is I said on one of the 1st posts on this trend of male brawler after release that the devs were among TERA's worst enemies. Oh well, convenient memory/lack of reading!
    "You seem like the person who would defend your abusive partner, just because he/she is sometimes nice, but mostly punching you...because they care about you." Thanks for another completely stupid personal jab that makes no sense. Yet you want to be taken seriously.

    "also you have this weird idea that men are bad for the game, and a bad influence, and should be disregarded, [...]" Where the HECK this came from??? You're literally inventing words and things I never said nor tried to hide (unlike someone here is trying to).

    Your whole life story tho, nice, good for the parts involved. Like. I. Cared. And you literally just showing what I'm trying to say too: the management took a little risk (investing in low income source), now just make that investment worth it. Show they should invest MORE on it. Not what you're doing. Taking your dumb abusive relationship thing you claim about me: why don't you show how good it is when good is made instead of cussing at it when there's a lot more to complain about?


    Funniest part is I see this crap going on and on, mods are likely not active on weekend so monday morning this will be closed. Hopefully. Cause it sure ain't getting productive anymore. Passionate screams and personal attacks cause disagrees, nice job. "But you're a child doing the same" yes, I should just quietly take crap on me I assume?

    No i don't like to write, it takes to long, and it's very prone to missunderstanding. But it's difficult to get your point across with just a short reply, that's why i write a lot, to hopefully get my point across, but it rarely seems to work, and it's frustrating, so i'm just going to shut up after this, cause all this is just a stupid waste of time anyway, and won't change anything one way or another.

    i have never said that elin players are [filtered], i just said that's the brand people have given Elin. Regardless what your thoughts are of Elin, that's what they are associated with.
    I know most elin players aren't [filtered], and i made a reaper during beta, and liked the lore behind it, so you can stop trying to portray me like that.

    Check this site.
    https://www.fastcodesign.com/3030529/hilarious-graphs-prove-that-correlation-isnt-causation
    You can use use those infographics as you want, it proves nothing.
    Most players are Elin now, because that's the group that stayed, when everyone left. It doesn't mean Elin is the most popular race, just that it's the most played race right now; that's not the same thing.

    I read your text, and you dont understand my comments at all. you keep bottlenecking my comments into your arguments about oh boho [filtered] card, as expected, when i had never even used that card, the way you paint it.

    I'm not arguing against anyone who disagree with me, it's just you; most of your arguments have been "please shut up and stop whining" "the game is [filtered] and there's no reason to change it" "oh that [filtered] card, i saw that a mile away"

    I don't care much about any race/gender/class, and no, unlocking all races/genders/classes, won't save the game, as long as Elin exist as it is. As long as that [filtered] brand exist, nothing will save the game. It has nothing to do with what race/gender/class i personally prefer.
    Personally i would make 1 character/race/gender/class, except popori, cause i hate popori with a burning passion.
    I pick race/gender based on what i personally feel matches a particular class. I like Male Human Brawler, because human males are rather beefy, and their plate armors look cool and tanky...as opposed to the bikini the females wear.
    I don't even hate Elin, i just think they look stupid, so my argument about Elin being cancer, has nothing to do with my opinion of them.
    I still think they ruined the game, and i explained exactly how. If you think my argument is rubbish, then cool, you don't need to agree with my assessment.

    Well, there's 1 thing i can agree with you on, we're not getting anywhere :)
    So i'm just going to stop here.
  • ElinUsagiElinUsagi ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry to tell this to those who don't acknowledge the publisher efforts for this male class to be a success about number of male brawlers created at least:

    - You have an event that gives you one 7-day elite brawler at level 15 and another at level 40.
    - You can do that in every server so you can get upto 70 days or elite free only if you make and level up a male brawler.
    - You get an aditional character slot for each server
    - You got codes for free permanent costumes for your class.
    - You got an event that gives you good stuff and costumes.
    - The elite vouchers can be traded so that's like honey for the bees (those exploiting with multi accounts).
    - A male costume and weapon box that can give you random costume and weapon skin for a fair price.

    This male brawler came with an event so easy to exploit elite vouchers and if this is not enought reason for people to create a male brawler at least to get the rewards then no point arguing about male classes at all.

    For things I have seen in all servers there are a good amount of people leveling male brawlers, just hope they are not the same people with multi accounts.

    Good luck for those who really want less gender lock because some people here talks as if they really care but after you read their post you can see they don't, they only want to continue to whine over something silly instead to give support to the idea at hand.
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see more male amanies and male elves than I do human males. the main males I see are castanics. as far as females go, I see more elins than any other female race. then its like a 3 way tie between elves, humans, and castanics, with female amani in dead last.
    playing as a particular gender or race doesn't make you a deviant or perv. im a female and I have some male characters , but I prefer my elins and human females. I don't like the female elves cause of the [filtered] bounce. I don't rp with my males cause I don't really know how a male thinks or what they would normally say except from what I hear on tv or the boys at school say.
    pick the gender and race that you feel you will have the most fun with, be it pve, pvp, rp, dress up, or whatever else is your playstyle. don't let others sway your thoughts, or make you feel bad for liking something. its only a game, and games are meant for fun and entertainment, and to also escape from our day to day life.
  • ElinLoveElinLove ✭✭✭✭✭
    "you don't understand my comment at all" there's nothing to understand when you take factual data, say it doesn't relate to reality, create a mental fanfic that the game is for a bunch of sexual deviants into kids because of a race, spew all the things about how they're making this reputation, how players who play them make this reputation, then end with the most incoherent possible thing, saying you don't even hate them. Yet you expressed all possible forms of saying they're the biggest disgrace here and literally creating a sexual deviance relationship to it.

    There's nothing to understand about your comment when you just twist factual data and then later proceed to personal attacks, there's no real arguments to base it on, just your theory that people see TERA as a deviant game because of Elins and that your choice would have been the best, something you just made up out of your mind. It's that same passionate screams that have been going forever on each topic on this forum, be it males, DPS meters, other 3rd party tools, balancing, you name it, people will distort whatever facts or even words, and throw at your face the "you're an idiot, shut up", which you try to tell I'm doing, meanwhile since the very start all I'm saying - and anyone who isn't passionately into hating me can see - is that yes, the game is already in a bad shape and every update is going "meh" tier of development, so please, now that they're taking a step into the direction you want, at least some thumbs up for them, constructive criticism is OK, but downright useless bashing? Just proves it wasn't worth investing in 1st place. They are NOT going to make a millionaire project for something that they got no sure return.

    See, I'm actually doing a favor to the whole male fanbase by trying to slow down the cussing and bashing, yet, some very specifically passionate people want to come and put it as "I'LL NOT SHUT UP! IT'S MY RIGHT TO VOICE IT!" and distort it since start, end of the day, these stupid back and forth replies with name calling.

    About you "never said anything about this and that", don't play dumb. If there's one thing I see you're good at, it's sugarcoating and hiding behind prettier words the exact same meaning. Heck not even all that great at that, when you go and basically rub the meaning (the entire sexual deviancy thing related to Elin) anyway, just to say "no no, I never said this"... yeah right.


    Look, I've tried to put it in a way that the male playerbase can have the goodies for them too, but like I said, you guys are always screaming it's not enough, too late, too little, and everyone who tries to calm this down like "hey, at least show them what you don't like but that it IS in a better light than before", everyone who isn't passionately on the same side, is a white knight. Which yes, you didn't see, but again as always hiding the meanings: "[...]and have this misguided mindset that the misstakes they make, is a step in the right direction, when you can't even see the abyss it's leading towards" <- the exact meaning of white knight ain't it?
  • ArkacciArkacci ✭✭
    edited March 2018
    ElinLove wrote: »
    there's nothing to understand
    Clearly you make no effort to understand, so any argument with you is pointless.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    create a mental fanfic that the game is for a bunch of sexual deviants into kids because of a race
    I have explained multiple times that i have never said that, so why are you still making that argument?
    I have said that OTHER people have that image of Elin, and that's the reason they leave/don't come back/don't play the game at all.
    I have never called any players, P***
    ElinLove wrote: »
    Yet you expressed all possible forms of saying they're the biggest disgrace here and literally creating a sexual deviance relationship to it.
    You can make an assessment about something without being emotional about it.
    The truth is the truth regardless if you like it/agree with it or not.
    My assessment has nothing do with my personal opinion about Elin, or ppl who play Elin, but with the state the game is in (low pop-mostly Elin)
    I don't get it why it's so hard for you to understand.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    There's nothing to understand about your comment
    understanding another persons argument, is the point in having an argument with someone.
    if you have no intention of understanding my comments, then stop arguing with me.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    you just twist factual data and then later proceed to personal attacks, there's no real arguments to base it on, just your theory that people see TERA as a deviant game because of Elins and that your choice would have been the best, something you just made up out of your mind. It's that same passionate screams that have been going forever on each topic on this forum, be it males, DPS meters, other 3rd party tools, balancing, you name it,
    don't pretend you haven't done the same, and pretend you're better.
    and this is the only topic i have been having any arguments in, so now you're just making stuff up yourself and blaming me for the same.
    I haven't posted in any dps meter, 3rd party tools, balance threads, so stop making stuff up.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    people will distort whatever facts or even words, and throw at your face the "you're an idiot, shut up", which you try to tell I'm doing
    You're distorting my words all the time, so you would know.
    You have told people to stop whining about the male animations or whatever, and just play the game; stop whining=shut up.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    at least some thumbs up for them, constructive criticism is OK, but downright useless bashing?Just proves it wasn't worth investing in 1st place.
    we have given constructive criticism. improve the quality of the content you make, and people will respect that, and invest in the game. throw out halfassed content, and people will go meh, i'll find another game.
    low quality=low investment=low profit.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    See, I'm actually doing a favor to the whole male fanbase by trying to slow down the cussing and bashing, yet, some very specifically passionate people
    ya clearly. sorry to burst your bubble, but you've done as much passionate bashing as me :)
    ElinLove wrote: »
    sugarcoating and hiding behind prettier words
    then you say i'm passionatly bashing you while hiding behind sugaroated pretty words? which is it?
    I've been direct at my stance, so what am i sugarcoating? the forum is filtering certain words, so don't try to making me look dumb for avoiding filters, and making yourself look smart, when you specifically said there's nothing to understand in my argument - you're just grasping at straws, while trying to make me look dumb, just cause you don't understand my comments.
    What i said and what you understand, are 2 different things.
    ElinLove wrote: »
    you guys are always screaming it's not enough, too late, too little,
    because it is: low quality=low investment=low profit.
    Sine you like to use profit as an argument, who do you think would invest in something, they see as a sinking ship?
    Not even the devs are investing in something they are unsure about, so why should the players invest in something they are unsure about?
    ElinLove wrote: »
    and have this misguided mindset that the misstakes they make, is a step in the right direction, when you can't even see the abyss it's leading towards" <- the exact meaning of white knight ain't it?
    Actually no, you're the definition of whiteknight lol.
    Whiteknight is passionatly defending the game, when it's clearly a mess.
    It usually refers to guys who will defend a woman, and do whatever she asks them to do. and will belive her over his friends.
    I'm doing the exact opposite, i'm bashing it, and telling them to start making real effort.
    While you are bashing anyone who says bad things about the game, especially Elin that you love, so you're a whiteknight to Elin.
This discussion has been closed.