[TERA PC & Console] En Masse is closing, but TERA lives on! We will continue to support TERA PC (NA) and TERA Console until services are transferred. Our Service Moving Info page is now live here: https://bit.ly/tera_service_moving

Could someone PLEASE lower the number of Goddess's Tears needed for the Quatrefoil Brooch?

Comments

• Pixelator wrote: »
    Buying the brooch premade from another player feels like a huge ripoff, unless it's super cheap - like less than 700k.

Huge ripoff? Less than 700K? Let's do some math...
    You need 300 tears (2,5k ea on MT right now) + 120 quat bases (around 300g ea if you craft it all by yourself) + 5k catalysts (15k gold).
    That's only 800k for mats, not counting the PP cost. And it is a pain in the [filtered] to actually get 300 tears, takes like 2-3 days of constant broker refreshing if you wanna pay no more than 2,5k for each. With current prices you definitely are not gonna go below 700k if you decide to craft it yourself and don't crit (are you really gonna depend on rng though??).
    You can only hope that people who critted on them will drive the prices further down.
  • JoHighnesJoHighnes
    edited June 2016
    A million gold doesn't sound too much for THE super luxury endgame item, considering what fully enchanted +15 pieces sell for.

(I've never had that kind of money, cuz I spend my gold on costumes whenever I get above a certain threshold, but I can see how it isn't a mad sum of money for that kind of item)
  • BrofessorXBrofessorX ✭✭✭
    Christinna wrote: »
    Pixelator wrote: »
    Buying the brooch premade from another player feels like a huge ripoff, unless it's super cheap - like less than 700k.

You need 300 tears (2,5k ea on MT right now) + 120 quat bases (around 300g ea if you craft it all by yourself) + 5k catalysts (15k gold).
    That's only 800k for mats, not counting the PP cost. And it is a pain in the [filtered] to actually get 300 tears, takes like 2-3 days of constant broker refreshing if you wanna pay no more than 2,5k for each. With current prices you definitely are not gonna go below 700k if you decide to craft it yourself and don't crit (are you really gonna depend on rng though??).
    You can only hope that people who critted on them will drive the prices further down.

why do people think you need to pay for PP ? it's FREE and regenerates.it's like charging for air, idiotic.
  • BrofessorX wrote: »
    why do people think you need to pay for PP ? it's FREE and regenerates.it's like charging for air, idiotic.

Then make instance reset scrolls free because dungeon entries are free and regenerate. Yep. Tell that especially to EU players when there are 3 reset scrolls tops on broker and for 10k each.
    You need to pay for PP because they regenerate only with time and you know the saying, time is money.

Also I don't feel at all like quatrefoil should be made easier to get, I think the price is right: you want a luxury item, you have to pay the price. Do you even know how long you're going to stay with that brooch once you get it? And you're complaining because you can't afford one after merely 3 weeks into the patch? I agree that 300 goddess tears may be a bit overkill to farm alone, especially when the principal source of tears is solo content (which I barely do at all personally).
    However tears can be traded. You don't have to get them all by yourself. And to be honest if you save money specifically with the intention to buy a quatrefoil (either materials to craft one, or a brooch straight from broker), you're eventually going to be able to afford one. I know this month I've made around 700k from playing normally. 600k is almost enough for a quatrefoil. Some people may have a lower income, some might make more money than I do, but I think it's safe to say that in two months most active players can make enough money for a quatrefoil.
    Yes, you can't enchant your gear to +15 and also work part time on that brooch at the same time. Keep in mind this brooch isn't intended for new players. It's intended for players who are already geared as either a gold sink, or a time sink (for those who'd rather farm IoD on 16 alts). And if you fall into that category of players then getting a brooch won't be easy but it will surely be feasible. If you don't fall into that category, then this brooch wasn't intended for you to get yet anyway.
  • BrofessorXBrofessorX ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Elindra wrote: »
    BrofessorX wrote: »

Then make instance reset scrolls free because dungeon entries are free and regenerate. .

reset scrolls are an actual item buddy.
    not even close .
    also the definition of "time is money " means time is a valuable resource, therefore it's better to do things as quickly as possible.
    later hater
  • Reset scrolls are actual items which give you more dungeon entries which aren't actual items but still are limited in amount, the same way crafter cures are actual items which give you more PP which aren't actual items but are still limited in amount.
    What's your point again?
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    I won a bet thanks to this thread, I knew one of these were coming.

This brooch is the most luxury of the luxury items out there. While I don't know if the random 2% better post had any bearing behind it or if it was made up numbers, the brooch isn't that much better. The brooch effect alone is what makes this brooch worth anything.

But brooches have a stupid lifetime, look at the empowered and quickcarve. 4, 5 patch cycles of lifetime before another brooch was even introduced? If that's the case you could get one goddess tear a day and still be at 300 before even half way through the brooch's expected life time. So no 300 isn't too high. I want the thing too, but this thread is exactly what you say it's not. This is too hard for me and I want it quicker.
  • PixelatorPixelator ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Ultemecia wrote: »
    This brooch is the most luxury of the luxury items out there. While I don't know if the random 2% better post had any bearing behind it or if it was made up numbers, the brooch isn't that much better. The brooch effect alone is what makes this brooch worth anything.
    Here's some napkin math for the 2% figure:
    The extra 3 Power line is worth slightly less than 1% damage.
    The active, when compared to Quickcarve, is trading 20 crit factor for 30 power. 20 crit increases your expected damage by about 3% according to Ketoth's formula. 30 power increases it by 9%. Differential is 6%. If you look at the uptime, compared to 180sec cd, 15 sec active is less than 10% uptime. Let's even say you do the boss in half of the cd (1.5min) - we're looking at a 17% uptime.
    1% + 17%*6% ~= 2%.
    Christinna wrote: »

Well, tear prices on my server are less than 2k each, and people are trying to sell the brooch for 1mil+. Even at the prices in MT, 1mil is a scam, especially since you're forgoing the chance at proccing a second one and pretty much refunding your material cost.
  • UltemeciaUltemecia ✭✭✭
    Ultemecia wrote: »
    Here's some napkin math for the 2% figure:
    The extra 3 Power line is worth slightly less than 1% damage.
    The active, when compared to Quickcarve, is trading 20 crit factor for 30 power. 20 crit increases your expected damage by about 3% according to Ketoth's formula. 30 power increases it by 9%. Differential is 6%. If you look at the uptime, compared to 180sec cd, 15 sec active is less than 10% uptime. Let's even say you do the boss in half of the cd (1.5min) - we're looking at a 17% uptime.
    1% + 17%*6% ~= 2%.

Hey, I stand corrected, that's some good [filtered] there. That was all my bad. :dizzy:
  • Just chill and take your time, new brooch is not a "must have" item, also brooch takes way longer than almost all pieces of gear to get outdated. Not to mention that we gonna stick on this patch for looong time.

Surely is too grindy and at the end pay off isn't that great for all time invested but well, BHS never was good to make items worth enough the grindfest.
  • Mobius1Mobius1 ✭✭✭
    I say a 700k+ pricetag for an item that only gives a 2% boost, is way too difficult to obtain.

It always amazes me how people will try to rationalize a crazy ridiculous grind, that shouldn't exist.
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Sorry, something went wrong with bbcode, I'm not sure where the double post came from when I thought I was editing in the fix. See next post.
  • XaeraXaera ✭✭✭
    edited June 2016
    Elindra wrote: »
    And you're complaining because you can't afford one after merely 3 weeks into the patch?

Lol, no no, not in the least. I'm just frustrated that after all the grinding I've already done, I've barely put a small dent in it, that's all. Definitely don't think it should be made already. Some of you are really exaggerating what I am saying. >_>

I just wish the dent was a tad larger, that's all. Simply want it to feel like it could someday possibly be attainable, rather than like I'm getting absolutely nowhere.
  • I personally think there should be some items that are literally impossible to get, yet technically possible. I don't mean things removed from access, only owned by those who had them -- but actual items now... that you're only getting by a fluke of built up resources you had before you knew this thing existed or by some other dues-awful chances. Why is there this assumed availability of every acquirable item in the game? :(