We're streaming right now - join us!

Is It worth playing in the low population servers?

So I've been wanting to try playing other classes but since I can make only 2 characters in my server and I don't have the money to get character slots I considered making characters in low populated servers but is it worth playing there since in the server select screen you can see it's a low populated server put it doesn't show aproximate number of players and are there long dungeon ques like 30+ mins?

Best Answers

• VinyltailsVinyltails ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Dungeons ques are Cross server, so what server you play on doesn't affect it at all

Only downside of playing on a low pop server (CH........) is that LFG is deader than D's and you'll pretty much only be using IMs for dungeon until you get into that group of good players/Guild (no pural) to have a LFG/Same server run. That and Chat is dead most of the time until it's moments
  • EquitasEquitas ✭✭✭✭
    Accepted Answer
    Instance matching is across all servers. If you're experiencing low queues, that means it's a slow period across every server. Whether or not you think it's worth playing in the lower population servers is up to you. There are enough people to run just about every dungeon with. The biggest problem is that, if you get tired of a particular group of people, there aren't as many other people to choose from.

Answers

• DvsvDvsv ✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    Nop.
    Player population imho is already low enough on "populated" servers like TR and MT (it's a far cry next to 2014~2016 Tera), you need to be crazy to start on CH FF AV now.
    Just ignore what ppl say here, they think steam charts is true only for the minority of the player base but somehow, we can't find the other "majority" of the players in game..
    It's just basic logic , if what steam chart say is the minority (i.e: 1600 players = 10-20% of the player population) then Tera is a very active MMO (8000 players lmao!!) and servers like AV should be filled with ppl...

The truth is, AV is a pretty much dead server, it's impossible to sell anything on TB and it's very hard to run any end-game dungeon if you're not already in a clique/op guild.

Imo, just cut the crap and play on MT or TR so you don't expend 1400/2400 emp transfering later..
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Lower population servers need players to go to them in order for them to stop being low population. The entire thing is a self fulfilling prophecy where everyone says X server is dead so go to Y server, and in turn this hurts X server's population because new players don't want to start there.

Every server is fine population-wise, it's just that TR/MT have a higher amount of players that clear endgame content like RKEM and RMHM. You can still find players that clear those instances on the lower population servers, there just isn't as many.

For leveling, it's the exact same experience on every server.
  • LapomkoLapomko ✭✭✭
    edited March 19
    I play on AV it's far from fine for running all the content. You will have no problem running mid tier dungeons but if you are going go for RKEM/RMHM you will need to be known as a good god tier player and an easy going person. Theres only select small group of people that can clear those hard dungeon. The problem we have on AV is that capable players move to TR/MT all the time. I went through 4 statics since RKHM patch came out and now were struggling to fill in those spots when some one can't show up. Imagine that as a new player that wants to learn those end game content.
    Equitas wrote: »
    Dvsv wrote: »
    Nop.
    Player population imho is already low enough on "populated" servers like TR and MT (it's a far cry next to 2014~2016 Tera), you need to be crazy to start on CH FF AV now.
    Just ignore what ppl say here, they think steam charts is true only for the minority of the player base but somehow, we can't find the other "majority" of the players in game..
    It's just basic logic , if what steam chart say is the minority (i.e: 1600 players = 10-20% of the player population) then Tera is a very active MMO (8000 players lmao!!) and servers like AV should be filled with ppl...

The truth is, AV is a pretty much dead server, it's impossible to sell anything on TB and it's very hard to run any end-game dungeon if you're not already in a clique/op guild.

Imo, just cut the crap and play on MT or TR so you don't expend 1400/2400 emp transfering later..

Yes, "Just ignore what ppl say here", despite us having 2 years of experience with this game and having hands-on experience with the population. Vinyl has probably been around longer than I have. I also want to point out that neither of us mentioned Steam or its charts. You're trying to argue against a point that was never made. If I were to make an estimate about Steam players, however, I'd put the number somewhere around 35%.

I wouldn't say that AV is a dead server. Maybe it's dead for you if you're an obnoxious individual, because nobody wants anything to do with you, but I have no problem getting groups when I want them. You can put a party together fairly easily if you've shown you're competent. I'll admit the broker has been a little slow for selling fashion and other nonessentials, but I haven't had much trouble offloading materials. Uninformed comments such as yours do absolutely nothing to avert the population dilemma we'll inevitably face because everyone is getting told to go elsewhere.

I don't know why you tell us to ignore him. Hes pretty right though from an end game player perspective. Many players already left AV due to this reason. I know who you are on AV and you don't even run the end game content.
  • Yeah, as someone who's been on av since open beta, the server is more or less dead. There is a severe lack of people to run rkem and rmhm, and I usually just run with the same people every time if I run them at all.

I think the greater problem is content burnout, frankly. You can only do the same thing every day so many times until you're just sick of it. At this point it's just a battle to get the best gear, but if you're not on a pvp server and aren't interested in pvp, then what's the point? I'm no where near the best gear that I could have on my Archer main, but what's the point of striving for hours to upgrade when my dps is already well over the required amount needed to finish end game content reliably?

At the end of the day, it's content. To me it's just a chore for many hours for little gain. I still love this game as I have for years, but as it is right now there's just no incentive to play it
  • DL7MMWLJ3WDL7MMWLJ3W ✭✭✭
    Low population has pros and cons, just like high population has pros and cons.

The biggest question is, will you continue sticking around to play cause if you are a game hopper, then your question is null.
  • Hi guys can anyone give me an estimated percentage of the servers with more people? In av the population its really low but there are plenty guilds that can do perfectly end game dungeons and cu i say this because i returned to the game after one year and in my guild i learn all the new dg really really fast
  • allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    mt and tr has the most population, then av and ch, then ff. all servers have its good and bad points. you can create at least 2 free characters on each server and try it out for yourself to see which or if not all the servers you like. we can only give you our opinions. eme is the only one that can give you facts and percentages
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    mt and tr has the most population, then av and ch, then ff. all servers have its good and bad points. you can create at least 2 free characters on each server and try it out for yourself to see which or if not all the servers you like. we can only give you our opinions. eme is the only one that can give you facts and percentages

Pretty sure population is MT = TR > CH = FF > AV
  • tisnotmetisnotme ✭✭✭
    Pages wrote: »

Pretty sure population is MT = TR > CH = FF > AV

and what servers were created from mergers ? and wheres the population ?
    if FF is low populated and that's after its creation from a merge then mergers arnt the answer
  • I just started playing again, stayed on CH because that's where all my stuff was. I've little plans on doing the five star content, debating whether paying to transfer it all would be worth it or not. Seems like there's plenty of people around?