[PS4/XB1] We will be entering into maintenance downtime on 10/21 at 7pm PDT, and have an expected downtime of 3 hours. For details, please visit the following link: http://bit.ly/teraconsolemaintenance

Alliance

@CobaltDragon

I was wondering if I could request the alliance be looked into as a potential project in near future. I realize it needs to work out a few bugs, but it was some of the best times I've had on Tera and would love for it to come back. Would also give me something to do besides queing the same bg's and the same dungeon over and over. It gets redundant after awhile and alliance was dynamic enough to have fun in.

Anyone else remember the alliance area? How much fun that actually was.. I used to plan my day around the PvP hours and stay up hours upon hours for ibams.

Comments

• allofspaceandtimeallofspaceandtime ✭✭✭✭✭
    alliance territories and original island of dawn are the two things I really wish bhs/eme would have never removed. I miss going to the alliance territories and getting banana peels for easy gold. I didn't know about the level 60 dailies or anything, no one in my guild would tell me about them until a couple of months before they nerfed it. then they stopped the banana peels from dropping, and I hated that.
    I remember spending hours at a time getting peels and when one of the big cats would chase me, I would hit it once and then run over to the guards and let them kill it and then get the meager drops from it. then when the level cap went to 65, I went there and soloed the bams there with my ninja. when I got in trouble, I would run. I wish they would bring it back. the alliance halls are just wasted space now, and a sad reminder of what we used to have. last year I went into the one outside of velika and there were some people in there asking me about the empty place, and I spent about an hour telling them about the hall, and alliance, and everything. so yeah eme, please if there is any way possible to bring alliance back, I would love it as well. then we could have pvp and guild runs everyday instead of cu which is only once a week.
  • Although they give new classes, new skills etc, Tera will not return to life, unless the alliance and the old island of dawn return
    Although they give new classes, new skills etc, Tera will not return to life, unless the alliance and the old island of dawn return

it would be nice if they also gave the new classes a different starting and storyline area like they did with reapers. if nothing else a cut scene like they did for reapers to give a back story on the class. I understand the older classes fit the lore much better and doesn't need it, but ninja, gunner, valk, and brawler, could use a cut scene.
    and yes, I agree with you, tera would be great again if they brought back original island of dawn and alliance. I used to see so many people running alliance all the time. I know the argument against it from players is that people fed kills...so what if they did, at least they were playing in alliance territories, and it was everyday. it was replaced by civil unrest something that is once a week and only one or two of the same guilds winning it every week, with people cheating in that and feeding kills from my understanding.
    make tera great again 2018.
  • KillstyleKillstyle ✭✭✭
    I also miss the old island of dawn and the Alliance because of the cool mask I have on only one character. Tera now is a lot of wasted space. Lumbertown is not used, guild castles are floating garbage, alliance halls abandoned. They should just remove that crap and possibly improve the fps a little bit in those areas. Tera gets these cool things going like Nexus and Alliance and then they remove them and let the skeletal remains stay behind. If they are going to remove this stuff then replace it with something at least somewhat similar. I know Nexus left because of story and was replaced by Dreamstorm (or whatever it was called) only to be removed after only a short time. All they would need to do is OPTIMIZE the game and we could have the cool things back but BHS refuses to do that. Not only that, they remove more content then they put in. Wtf is that? Tera is just going to be a ton of empty zones with no story quests that you can see on the map but never visit unless you want to see old areas / quests. BHS really needs to come up with stuff for EVERY zone and optimize the game so we can have Nexus / Dreamstorm type event with very little problems. Tera use to feel far bigger with more to do back in 2012 then it does now. You speed through zones and don't visit others so that you hit cap A.S.A.P. but then all you're stuck with is a couple zones and very little content. Before Tera dies I'd like to see optimization and content. My guess is that I'll kick the bucket before either one is done, lol. Make Tera great again........before I die. =P
  • PagesPages ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, just remove CU and bring Crusades + Alliance back. Alliance lasted longer than CU (same time slot on Saturday but alliance was all week and CU is only Saturday) and Crusade was constant content for guilds to compete with. Just made the game feel like there was more to do.
  • CatservantCatservant ✭✭✭✭
    Made the game feel like a living world, with so many different options.

• NikuroTegaNikuroTega ✭✭✭✭
    I miss the Island of Dawn and its nostalgic soundtrack paired with its majestic and beautiful scenery.

Ah, Alliance! Nothing like moving up from beautiful IoD to spamming extractors and raiding the enemy's territories. Oh, and sniping people with invisibility pots! :heart:
    these are just a couple of reasons why people want a vanilla server, before content was greatly removed. only thing I would want in there is our flying mounts and no invisible barriers or walls, so that we could go exploring in baldera and velika wilds like we used to be able to do. bring back the low level cs, get rid of babysitting island and have iod back as the starting zone, don't nerf the gold for level 60 dailies, make steadfast gear good again, level 60 max level, alliance, and so on. I bet it would be the most populated server, more than the rest of the other servers combined.
    i would be willing to have to start with all new fresh characters and no server transfer to it. also in that server let people be able to have their guild bank once they make a guild like before instead of guild leveling.
  • I miss alliance and old Island of Dawn so much, to be honest. I can't tell you how sincere I am about that.
  • CassandraTRCassandraTR ✭✭✭✭✭
    @FrostyDivine

1) The only thing Cobalt can do is pass on the feedback. Only BHS can address the addition of content. You would have better luck learning Korean, making a ktera account, and speaking directly with BHS.

2) Alliance is never coming back.
  • WeridWerid ✭✭
    So sad that alliance is not coming back . Alliance was fun
  • Alliance is what made me love tera, but I’ve sadly accepted it’ll never come back. *shrugs*
  • Alliance would only be good for NA/EU, iirc not a lot of people PvP on KTera. Since BHS only cares about KTera, we won't ever have alliance back. If they actually cared about other regions, we'd have talents or some passives to help with DPS. Right now some classes do double the dps on KTera thanks to talents. On top of that dungeons take double the time here compared to KTera too. TLDR; Won't happen, BHS doesn't care about us.
  • Here come the negative Nancy's, did ya'll eat some sour grapes this morning?

@CassandraTR

....Thats the reason I'm posting.. So they can say it was requested. The worst they can do is say no, so why not try. Look at all the people who have already voiced an opinion about alliance, people still have hope, and thats what keeps the community alive. In 1 day this thread has gone from zero to hero with more posts to come. So I suggest taking a seat and seeing what happens, because we're in for a ride. I've been here for a very long time, i know how EME works. You don't need to remind me.

Still waiting on EME Staff or @CobaltDragon to give the word that they are going to say something about this.